Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Emmisions by City?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon A
This is too cool! I did an emissions check last year before the cam swap so I'd have it ready for registration this year...but the thing said it wasn't required! It confused the hell out of me. I wondered if they were going to make me take one next year or something....

But no! I moved from 98275 to 98204! Not required, baby! Sweet!
You sure about that? The way I read the sheet is that 98204 is still requiring smog checks...........am I missing something here?

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/air/pdfs/Zip_codes.pdf

Old 03-14-2005, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crap, I think you're right. I just scanned it for 98204.... At least I was happy for a little while.

I wonder why it wasn't required for me this year, then? Maybe my test from 9 months ago was still in the computer? They said it wouldn't be....
Old 03-14-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Crap, I think you're right. I just scanned it for 98204.... At least I was happy for a little while.

I wonder why it wasn't required for me this year, then? Maybe my test from 9 months ago was still in the computer? They said it wouldn't be....
Easy to miss as they list them funky, like 98201-12........Lame!!!!

Depending on the year of your car, it only happens every other year I think.......if I had bought my car new there (in WA) it wouldn't be required until 2007.....which, ironically enough, is the same date as when it is first due here in Cali.....were I to stay (**** THAT)!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a '96 which should have been due this year. When I went in last year to test they were all saying, "You have a '96. You don't need it this year! Come back next year."

Of course I explained that I wanted to do one anyway because I was so concerned for the environment....
Old 03-15-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Veteran

I have a '96 which should have been due this year. When I went in last year to test they were all saying, "You have a '96. You don't need it this year! Come back next year."

Of course I explained that I wanted to do one anyway because I was so concerned for the environment....
I will be volunteering for an emissions test about the same time I volunteer to have a hot poker shoved into my eyes repeatedly.

Quick Reply: Emmisions by City?