Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I Blew It!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I know all about the loud exhaust thing... I don't think I could sneak up on Helen Keller driving a bulldozer. She'd still hear me coming.

Quit it, you're killing me Jason.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

I can't wait to order my GMMG then you will actually be able to hear my car when I start it

I remember both times at the track when i'd go to leave I'd have to double check to see if the car was running cuz I couldn't hear it.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I can't wait to order my GMMG then you will actually be able to hear my car when I start it

I remember both times at the track when i'd go to leave I'd have to double check to see if the car was running cuz I couldn't hear it.
That's right... then we won't have to stand around with a puzzled look and say "Hey Josh... what's wrong with your car, dude?"
Old 03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

That's right... then we won't have to stand around with a puzzled look and say "Hey Josh... what's wrong with your car, dude?"
yeah no kidding... I'm waiting for my EGR/AIR block off plates to get here too and I was gonna do that and replace my plugs this weekend but I have orientation for Home Depot.

Oh well... I think my list for mods to get soon are, brakes (iRotors or Wholesale Direct), Prothane susp, lid, gmmg, AMW Catch can, then do the body work (firehawk hood, anniv spoiler, firehawk front bumper, fix rocker panel and replace pass. door, wings west air dam/side skirts, french in front plate cover). Then get kook's and go on from there (cam, hotchkis springs, wheels, etc)
Old 03-15-2005, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rookiels1
yeah no kidding... I'm waiting for my EGR/AIR block off plates to get here too and I was gonna do that and replace my plugs this weekend but I have orientation for Home Depot.

Oh well... I think my list for mods to get soon are, brakes (iRotors or Wholesale Direct), Prothane susp, lid, gmmg, AMW Catch can, then do the body work (firehawk hood, anniv spoiler, firehawk front bumper, fix rocker panel and replace pass. door, wings west air dam/side skirts, french in front plate cover). Then get kook's and go on from there (cam, hotchkis springs, wheels, etc)

Thats a list you got there josh. At least you are taking the right approach, doing the body first. MOst guys that guy to build a car, build a motor first and slowly work on the body and then when the motor gets done they put it in and then thats it, it runs so hell with the body work.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
Thats a list you got there josh. At least you are taking the right approach, doing the body first. MOst guys that guy to build a car, build a motor first and slowly work on the body and then when the motor gets done they put it in and then thats it, it runs so hell with the body work.
Yeah it makes me sick looking at that bumper (especially when waxing it because i see all the lil cracks and stuff) and the door and side skirt... so i wanna get it done soon. The major performance stuff can wait... I wanna get the basics done though performance wise.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I have bumper blemish from getting backed into by a minivan, and I still haven't gotten it fixed... happened over 2 years ago too. If you get going on the go-fast mods, you will just keep putting off the appearance stuff... at least that's what happened to me.

I keep thinking "This will be the year I take care of some of the appearance." And surprise surprise, it never happens.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I have bumper blemish from getting backed into by a minivan, and I still haven't gotten it fixed... happened over 2 years ago too. If you get going on the go-fast mods, you will just keep putting off the appearance stuff... at least that's what happened to me.

I keep thinking "This will be the year I take care of some of the appearance." And surprise surprise, it never happens.
You have no idea how many guys i have seen this happen to. Me included.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Ya just gotta keep after it. Shoot, I just ordered EGR / AIR block-off plates.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Wait, you mean we are SUPPOSED to fix the comestic stuff? I thought that helped make the car faster?
Old 03-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

You have no idea how many guys i have seen this happen to. Me included.
Me too, my Chevelle is a great case in point. Still doing mechanic stuff and ignoring the paint job. I kept saying this is the year I get it painted. Then I bought this damned Formula and the poor Chevelle took a back seat altogether.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Polishing ADDS POWER! I would love to have a nice paint job.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
Polishing ADDS POWER! I would love to have a nice paint job.
and it cuts down on drag

hell I was ecstatic with how easily the california duster glided over the car after I waxed it saturday
Old 03-15-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

No way, a fine coat of dirt prevents drag as well... plus if you go fast enough, it's like sandblasting the paint, gets out all the swirl marks.

And don't let anyone tell you that an inch tall mound of rubber in the wheel wells slows you do either... it only slows you down if it starts rubbing on the tire.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

No way, a fine coat of dirt prevents drag as well... plus if you go fast enough, it's like sandblasting the paint, gets out all the swirl marks.

And don't let anyone tell you that an inch tall mound of rubber in the wheel wells slows you do either... it only slows you down if it starts rubbing on the tire.
Hell yhea i second that. We are on the same page jason.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Hell yhea i second that. We are on the same page jason.
Gotta be something in that name.....
Old 03-15-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Man my car must be slow it is one of the Quietest around right now hehehe

Just wait till the baby motor goes in!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

You racers crack me up!!

Now get out there and WASH YOUR CARS!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
You racers crack me up!!

Now get out there and WASH YOUR CARS!
Now why would I want to do that? It's hard work building up a nice enough dirt film that you can write your racing number in... cuts down on the shoe polish.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now why would I want to do that? It's hard work building up a nice enough dirt film that you can write your racing number in... cuts down on the shoe polish.

Hey while your at it fix your damn Y-pipe clamp's! Steph is going to start taking bets on when you tear them off!!

She says even SHE knows not to put them on like that