Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Here we go again...For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
I did not think about Don, he may be interested. I should send him an email.

So you really think 22k is to low??
LOL FIRST you say you don't want opinions then you ask for one

22k is about realistically right if you really want to sell it. You could get more if don't really want to sell it. For example, My SOM when you add it all up had about the same mods (price wise) with a little more miles. While it was in great shape it was no where near your car.

I had no intention of selling it a guy sold his LT4 Firehawk and wanted a car just like mine I gave him a price which at the time was high retail KBB for my car...I think 25.5. Now on the open market that was a 20K car, but the right buyer who recognized what it was, it was worth more to them. Although he does gripe about it sometimes I feel no guilt because that is what it was worth to me as well.

So if you need to sell your ride I think 22-23 is more than fair and I think you could get that, although you still have to find someone with some cash.

If you were to hold out a few months at 25-27 I think you could get that as well....if you find the right person...Literally if your car would have been up for sale for 22 after I sold the WS6 I would have bought it instead of the vette.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Todd, you should definitely put the for sale sign on the car when you're at the shows, if you're serious about selling... In fact, as Bobby said, I think you have the best chance there to find the right buyer at say 24-25k by doing that than doing it another way.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here we go, I really am not in a hurry or need to sell it. I want 22 in my hand. 25 is pushing it, finding the perfect buyer is tuff.

I don't want to parade the car around etc.. If you guys know someone who woulf pay 23k, I will give you 1k. Let keep it at that. That price meets my needs. If I put it in the paper\trader I will ask 23k.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Drive that thing over to Park Place and let them see it. They will want you to leave it with them. They will photograph it and put it on the internet. They get worldwide customers. If they can sell my car for $26k then they can get you $22-23k and the rest to cover their fee. I honestly believe trying to sell it yourself will be a long process with a bunch of people low balling you. At least at PP they will shield you from that. Plus they would put that thing indoors with the Ferraris.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you remember the Camaro show at Seaview last year the sales manager said it would be too hard of a car for them to sell. You would need to strip some of that stuff off. And then he said $18k for trade in allowance. Do not go to a Chevy dealer. They will only offer you NADA. Park Place deals with cars like yours everyday.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ram-it
Drive that thing over to Park Place and let them see it. They will want you to leave it with them. They will photograph it and put it on the internet. They get worldwide customers. If they can sell my car for $26k then they can get you $22-23k and the rest to cover their fee. I honestly believe trying to sell it yourself will be a long process with a bunch of people low balling you. At least at PP they will shield you from that. Plus they would put that thing indoors with the Ferraris.
Actually that's a damn good idea... I totally spaced Park Place as an option. And it sure as hell worked out for you...
Old 03-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is where I am headed tomorrow, I am setting up am appointment and talk over details, ask questions, etc.. I have questions like what if I find a buyer for my price? am I stuck selling it at theirs?

I appreciate the suggestions.

Quick Reply: Here we go again...For Sale