Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

sway bars.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sway bars.

anyone interested in a set of bmr sway bars? They are a matched set, and come with all the endlinks and bolts. The front bar has about 2k miles ,and the rear had about2.5k on it. And if you are wondering iff they are stong just look at some of my launches.
These are 32mm front bar and 21mm rear bar. These were 350 new so i will let them go for 200, or resonable offer.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:30 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What color are they, and what kind of shape are they in?

I need some stiffer sway bars for my Formula to complete the suspension upgrade.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
What color are they, and what kind of shape are they in?

I need some stiffer sway bars for my Formula to complete the suspension upgrade.
They are red, and are in good good shape, no scratches or anything. endlinks are in good shape and so are the busings. they have the poly bushings in all the endlinks.

They did help the handeling alot when i first put them on, but in the current setup they are pretty useless.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:56 AM
teh PuRpL3z

I'm interested in them then.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

That's the perfect color for Zeke... he's putting together the whole red suspension thing.

Speaking of which, if you (Zeke) want to pick up my STB this weekend, we can meet up somewhere maybe on Saturday or Sunday.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:27 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
That's the perfect color for Zeke... he's putting together the whole red suspension thing.

Speaking of which, if you (Zeke) want to pick up my STB this weekend, we can meet up somewhere maybe on Saturday or Sunday.
Yeah, so far every piece of my suspension is red, and I want to keep the theme going. Red is the color I'm using as an accent for the look I'm after.

Wait until I get the red carbon fiber FRC's on the motor.

But, yes, I would like to get together soon and grab all of these items.. since I'm trying to plan for a mod party in 2-3 weeks to put all these parts I have laying around together. Would be nice to just do the whole thing all at once..

I'll have shocks, springs, LCAs, sway bars, STB... and we can even do SS brake lines if we wanna go crazy.

Gonna make those winding mountain roads between here and Atlanta a lot more fun, that's for sure.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm in for a mod party as long as I'm around... some weekend this month I'm supposed to be going on an overnight trip to the Portland area, and next month going to Chicago, but as long as I'm here, I'll be at your mod party.

suspension stuff is pretty easy, just a little time consuming... we'd definitely be able to knock out all the suspension stuff in a day.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
teh PuRpL3z

I'm in for a mod party as long as I'm around... some weekend this month I'm supposed to be going on an overnight trip to the Portland area, and next month going to Chicago, but as long as I'm here, I'll be at your mod party.

suspension stuff is pretty easy, just a little time consuming... we'd definitely be able to knock out all the suspension stuff in a day.
Yeah, but at least it will be a little less time consuming in that we'll just be taking pieces out and not having to reuse them, and we only have to take the whole thing apart once. Oh, and I have BMR relocation brackets to do as well.

I just wanna have enough time to get the suspension aligned before I hit the road.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Let me know i will bring them down for a mod party. I will even wash them and make them pretty for you. The rear one has alot of rubber built up near the ends on the bar
Old 04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Rick still needs to pick his rear bar up from me...
Old 04-12-2005, 12:05 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by sardog46
Let me know i will bring them down for a mod party. I will even wash them and make them pretty for you. The rear one has alot of rubber built up near the ends on the bar
Won't be the last time.

I'm probably looking at either the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th to do the mods. I have to wait for everything to arrive, and I just ordered the shocks this morning. I also have to put the car back in the body shop for a couple days to have them clean up a few things.... I think they just tried to put it together too fast at the end there.

So I'm up to either hooking up at a Quiznos meet or other GTG.. or just hooking up for a mod party.

The garage fridge is stocked with a lot of different kinds of beer... if you have a particular favorite let me know and I'll make sure there's some in it.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
The garage fridge is stocked with a lot of different kinds of beer... if you have a particular favorite let me know and I'll make sure there's some in it.
I'm a simple man... Guinness always works for me. I also like other imports, like Hoegaarden, Spaten, etc, and always willing to sample something I haven't tried before.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by narcszm
Rick still needs to pick his rear bar up from me...
Yeah Buddy! I tried to call ya ~a month ago when I was in Redmond but I never heard back.

How's your schedule look this weekend?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:52 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I'm a simple man... Guinness always works for me. I also like other imports, like Hoegaarden, Spaten, etc, and always willing to sample something I haven't tried before.
This is what my fridge typically looks like:

There's actually more beer than that in it right now, and I'm stocking up the fridge in the garage for mod parties.

If you look in the back, on the left, you'll see there's some Guinness in there. Never any shortage of beer to choose from at my place. I typically stock local microbrews, though.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

You can just put my beer of choice in a cooler out back as not to affend any other beers
Old 04-12-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn Zeke... I look at that fridge and I say "TOO...MANY...CHOICES...ARRGGHHH!!!!"
Old 04-12-2005, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Jason, how much did your skinnies you got from Ellis take off your ET?
Old 04-12-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Jason, how much did your skinnies you got from Ellis take off your ET?
I'd say about .05 on the ET and .5 on mph... had I gotten true front runner tires for even less weight and less rolling resistance I'd say It'd be an even .1 ET 1 mph gain...

You actually might gain the full .1 ET/1 mph because I think your weight transfer on your QA1s are better than mine with my Bilsteins... so it'll keep some of that weight off those front tires and help with the rolling resistance.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

I figured they would be worth about .1. I'm trying to decide between those & a Mez H20 pump. Both should be worth about a tenth & 1 mph. I want both eventually. I think there is some more to gain thru tuning, but 3/10ths is a LOT, so I'm looking at all options. What can I say, I'm POSESSED!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

aren't we all...

Well, if you get both the skinnies and the pump, that'd be 2 tenths... the right conditions + a little tweaking to the tune could get you another tenth.

Oh, and don't forget about lightweight drag wheels for the rear... those are supposedly worth a tenth as well.

Quick Reply: sway bars.