Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Satuday get together

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL well if it did not take 2/3rds of my pay check to make my damn house payment it would be easier
Old 04-16-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx guys I got directions
Old 04-16-2005, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up hmmm....

Quite a dilema for me. I just got back from running errands.
I need to get the driveshaft loop put on my car if I'm gonna go racing tonight. It looks like the big weather front is going to finish coming inland, and Portland should get enough dry weather to dry out this afternoon/evening. If I had known for sure where you guys were going, what time, etc.. I would already be on the road.
If I left now, I might get there late anyways. If I did the work on my car and left, I would be late. hmmmm....
"How late are you guys gonna be there?," I wonder. Mapquest tells me it only takes 4.5 hours to get there. 272 mi. Hmmm...
I'm thinkin' I should probably work on my car, and then see how late you guys will be @ Hooters. I can always hit PIR on my way home.
I'm hoping to get this put in pretty quickly, as I got started on it yesterday, and I know what I'm gonna do.
I'll check back to see what's up after I'm done. If you guys are going to hang out there for a while, it might work out okay. Please let me know how long you're gonna be there. Thanks for the invite.

Maximental
Old 04-16-2005, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maximental
Quite a dilema for me. I just got back from running errands.
I need to get the driveshaft loop put on my car if I'm gonna go racing tonight. It looks like the big weather front is going to finish coming inland, and Portland should get enough dry weather to dry out this afternoon/evening. If I had known for sure where you guys were going, what time, etc.. I would already be on the road.
If I left now, I might get there late anyways. If I did the work on my car and left, I would be late. hmmmm....
"How late are you guys gonna be there?," I wonder. Mapquest tells me it only takes 4.5 hours to get there. 272 mi. Hmmm...
I'm thinkin' I should probably work on my car, and then see how late you guys will be @ Hooters. I can always hit PIR on my way home.
I'm hoping to get this put in pretty quickly, as I got started on it yesterday, and I know what I'm gonna do.
I'll check back to see what's up after I'm done. If you guys are going to hang out there for a while, it might work out okay. Please let me know how long you're gonna be there. Thanks for the invite.

Maximental
We ar uselly there to around 9 or ten
Old 04-16-2005, 02:56 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am planning on being at Hooters in Lynnwood @ ~5pm. So if you guys that have parts want some money, that's would be a great time to hook up
Old 04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up Okay

If I leave now, I should easily be there by 6:30 or 7. I think that'll work out okay. Looks like I'll see ya there. I'll just look for a bunch of rowdy guys? lol I'll mention the forum and introduce myself as Max.
BTW: would anyone have a welder they would be willing to let me use? I wasn't able to get the loop bolted on like I had hoped. (I know, that's cheating.) I would have had it done yesterday, but my friend's wire feed wasn't hot enough. Hot rodding the old school style.

Later,

Maximental
Old 04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I leave now, I should easily be there by 6:30 or 7. I think that'll work out okay. Looks like I'll see ya there. I'll just look for a bunch of rowdy guys? lol I'll mention the forum and introduce myself as Max.
BTW: would anyone have a welder they would be willing to let me use? I wasn't able to get the loop bolted on like I had hoped. (I know, that's cheating.) I would have had it done yesterday, but my friend's wire feed wasn't hot enough. Hot rodding the old school style.

Later,

Maximental
gl dude see you there
Old 04-16-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

I'll be there w/ a sway bar for Mark and F1's for Zeke! Unfortunately I have to leave at like 6:30.

Jason
Old 04-16-2005, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Just woke up I'm on my way
Old 04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

That was fun guys, man I feel like a dirty old man (but I'll gladly go back) was talkin to hannah, the cute new blonde, sounds really cool and everything, she said she worked weekends cuz she goes to school during the week. So I ask what school. "oh I'm a sophmore at Jackson" why must god taunt me so?!
Old 04-17-2005, 12:59 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Later,

Maximental
Hey, it was good to see you make it up and nice to have another GTO owner around. That color is really cool, you don't see that very often. Hope you made it home safe, that is a long *** drive.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah it was fun seeing everybody... always a good time to drink beer, eat fatty foods and check out short shorts.

And I wonder how that car in front of Mark on the on-ramp to I-5 liked three loud-*** cars buzzing past them with the 2 lanes shrinking to one?

One bad thing though was hearing my driver's side rear tire rubbing on that hard turn... good think I got those spacers coming.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah well we all made it past didn't we ?! That was fun driving with you guys, I want to do a lapping day with a bunch of us ........... It was good to see everybody again. Can't wait for track day, I have a feeling alot of us are going to improve our times a bit.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry I didn't go any faster. I could feel the Nittos starting to slip, so I didn't dare push it any faster. Glad to see you guys got around him....that must have been a thrill for him! zoom, Zooom, ZOOOOOM! What the HELL was that dear?
Old 04-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Launching!

If only I hadn't been away lately trying to figure **** out and at the dealers all day yesterday... damnit.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
Yeah well we all made it past didn't we ?! That was fun driving with you guys, I want to do a lapping day with a bunch of us ........... It was good to see everybody again. Can't wait for track day, I have a feeling alot of us are going to improve our times a bit.
A lapping day would be fun... after seeing Eric's video, I'm thinking that is something I'd like to try. My next mods this summer are going to be a Strano 35mm hollow front sway bar, and new tires for my Z06 wheels.

Then it'll be time to plan a day at the driving school...
Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up Thanks for lettin' me hang out.

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Hey, it was good to see you make it up and nice to have another GTO owner around. That color is really cool, you don't see that very often. Hope you made it home safe, that is a long *** drive.
Thanks, maybe with a little work, I can feel like I am "one of the gang," when it comes to hangin' out with guys with cars as nice as some of you guys. Your cars are very nice, and you guys obviously really care about them and put alot of work into them.
I enjoyed the drive, not a problem.
I rolled into PIR at about 12:30, the security guard told me that they shut it down @ 12. RATS!, but, oh well. I had a good day anyways.
I did take the chance to play around with the G-tech before I got home. MY best was 14.19@109, with a lot of tirespin starting out. I was trying different launching techniques to see what I could do, and I got a couple of really good, smooth launches where she pulled with no tirespin, but for some reason, I blew the 3-4? wtf? shift. I don't know if the tranny was hot and/or blocking me from 4th @ high revs or what. It happened 3 times. I was pretty tired by that point too, which may have been the problem. I don't know. Any thoughts?
So, I have a couple of things to work on before Bremerton. I know I can do better if I practice. I should be able to get the drive shaft loop mounted up before then too.-Gotta find a welder I can use-
I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Maximental

Quick Reply: Satuday get together