Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Camaro show May 15th McKenna Wa

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it looks like I am off to work it is just raining too hard for a show today.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Todd Its not raining here & it is looking like just small showers partly sunny

Tammy
Old 05-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Todd Its not raining here & it is looking like just small showers partly sunny

Tammy
I just got in at work and it was a constant down pour. Either weather or work is in my way for shows or cruizin, lol.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well we had 18 cars show up & only 17 at the end of the day (one guy took off to be with his mother)

Mike took 4th gen & best of show. Everyone that walked in to the show area got a vote.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Well we had 18 cars show up & only 17 at the end of the day (one guy took off to be with his mother)

Mike took 4th gen & best of show. Everyone that walked in to the show area got a vote.
That is awesome. Congrats to Mike!
Old 05-15-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
That is awesome. Congrats to Mike!
We had a tie between Mike U's Camaro & Dick Perrys 1st gen for best of show & We allowed the dealership to decide which car they wanted & they picked Mikes.
Me personally would have picked Dicks because I love that car.

But to have almost 20 cars in a show where it was raining was pretty kewl.

Even though the GM of the dealership forgot to tell any of his weekend staff we were going to be there until 10pm last night AT a Bar lol.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

We had a tie between Mike U's Camaro & Dick Perrys 1st gen for best of show & We allowed the dealership to decide which car they wanted & they picked Mikes.
Me personally would have picked Dicks because I love that car.

But to have almost 20 cars in a show where it was raining was pretty kewl.

Even though the GM of the dealership forgot to tell any of his weekend staff we were going to be there until 10pm last night AT a Bar lol.
I really wanted tio be there but actually I really was needed at work we were short handed. 20 cars is great, especially for the weather.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me personally, I would have picked Dick Perry's '69 Camaro too. Nice ride!
Thanks to Dan and Tammy Ivey and everyone at the PNWCC for putting on the show... I think that, in spite of the rain, everyone had a great time! Thanks too, to Baydo's Chevrolet for letting us come out too.
Thanks, Todd, for the congrats.. I appreicate it!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome aboard Mike. Yea it was a great time & we got several new people from this area looking in to the clubs that were there.

Dang Can you believe 3 Camaro clubs all in one location & all having fun together lol. See we had 7 or 8 members from Camaro Cruisers there (one was also a member of PNWCC) 7 or 8 members of PNWCC & 2 from Columbian river (they also belong to PNWCC lol)

Hopefully the weather for Titus will will be better.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to Roger today & we got invited back for another show next year. I will be talking to him later in the year about Dates. Most likely will be the same weekend as this year. Hopefully with better weather.

He was really impressed with the amount of cars that came out in the rain lol
Old 05-25-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

As far as voting goes for the smaller camaro shows... I think that most of us are impartial and we appreciate a nice ride when we see one. There may be some that will vote for their club's rides (not just the Camaro CRUZERS members either), but that goes with the flow. The smaller camaro shows are more about hooking up with friends, talking shop, seeing what everyone has done totheir rides and what new rides they have, and having a good time with fellow camaro owners. That is what is really important about those shows.
Todd, you have been to a few shows that have had a lot of members from one club show up and they only vote for their co-members rides and a few of us have been to those same shows (remember the G.I.Joes show in Lakewood with the Touch Of Reality car club??). I think that from those experiences, we have learned to vote for whatever we think is the best car in the class, not just what our friends are driving.
Just an observation with the judging at these shows. I say do it however the dealership/sponsor and the host club wants to do it, and I think in the end, the best cars will win.

Just so you know I was not speaking against the Cruizer club or anyone. Just a slight bias that folks who drive together etc. to a show may vote for their friends ect.. you know what I mean, the dealer choosing just makes it the most fair and completely impartial. That is all I am saying.

I am not saying anything bad about anyone, Ray is a friend of mine, I did not want it to seem like I was targeting his club.

Honestly Tammy, I am not gripping at all just a suggestion for the future. I really take my hat off to you and the club to make these shows happen. I really enjoy hanging out with everyone.

Thank as always for listening!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
The smaller camaro shows are more about hooking up with friends, talking shop, seeing what everyone has done totheir rides and what new rides they have, and having a good time with fellow camaro owners. That is what is really important about those shows.
I totally agree, personally if I did not like the company I would not go. Being friends and making new friends is the most fun. I can honestly say that I have not met anyone that I do not like.

Todd, you have been to a few shows that have had a lot of members from one club show up and they only vote for their co-members rides and a few of us have been to those same shows (remember the G.I.Joes show in Lakewood with the Touch Of Reality car club??).
Funny since you mentioned this show, this is a true story...Someone approached me who was entered in that show and said "if you vote for my car I will vote for yours". It was not a person who owned a Camaro or Firebird but somone I saw at other shows that I happened to bump into last year on serveral occasions. I told him no in that instant.

In 2001 or 2002 (can't remember the year but know the show) I participated in a camaro show and witnessed 3 Camaro owners (I was sitting in my lawn chair next to my car) saying they would vote for a car in a certain generation, all from the same club.

My point is broader than what I stated. Folks will vote together even if you don't know them. It is to bad that a small trophy will cause people to do bad things. Some of this can be prevented. That is why I think that having someone choosing is a better idea.

Just my opinion...I also think that at small shows you should not be able to win two years in a row and give others a chance.

Originally Posted by Todd
I like it better when the dealer does all of the judging, the cruizer club will vote for their members etc.. It just makes it less biased. Just a friendly suggestion.
This is an important quote not to understand. The "etc.." means friends going together to the show, PNWCC...basically any other group or club attending. I seriously hope this was not taken out of context, if it was it was not meant to. I am assuming it may have since you posted, and are from the Cruizer Club. If it came off that way I am sorry. I hope you can see my opinion based on what I have experienced.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats why I opened up the voting for not just who were there showing but for the sales men & who ever walked through the show area. Believe me Mike there were alot more than just those members of Cruizn voting for your car.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

I like going to cars shows for several reasons.

1. I love cars.
2. I like hanging out with the group.
3. I have worked hard on my car and it's rewarding to have others appreciate
4. Judging is tuff. I liked the judging at the Aquafest they seemed to be real car guys, they talked about every car that won, but I won a trophy so of course I thought they were great judges. The all Chevy show was cool the car was judged against a sheet not other cars, I learned a lot from that show and have since corrected those items on my car.
5. After being in a few shows I believe you can build a car that would win trophies or you can build a car that floats your own boat. I building my car to float my boat within the budget I have. If only I had an Overhaulin budget.

We all want to go home with a trophy but you can't get worked up about it you'll just ruin an otherwise great day.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
The all Chevy show was cool the car was judged against a sheet not other cars, I learned a lot from that show and have since corrected those items on my car.
We are not doing that this year, we went back to a fun show for this year. I dont know if everyone gets a vote ( & Remember if they get a vote its for all the cars that are there, ALL THE CHEVYS OWNERS lol)

They are also having some games like a valve cover race & I think they are also talking Crepper drags as well.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I took Dans car to a couple shows the last couple years close to were I live at & both times I went home with a Second place plaque which was TOTALLY kewl & ticked Dan off because most shows he goes to he doesnt come home with Jake lol.

I have some polishing & stuff that I have to do before the next show the car goes to (Fathers day weekend Titus will show & Hot Rod sunday)
Old 05-25-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I totally agree, personally if I did not like the company I would not go. Being friends and making new friends is the most fun. I can honestly say that I have not met anyone that I do not like.

That is what the samller camaro show are all about. In some ways, these shows might be better if there were no trophies given out... just show up, hang out, and talk shop without the underlying tension of wanting to win a trophy. Besides, it is very hard to pick just one... I say that they are all winners.

Funny since you mentioned this show, this is a true story...Someone approached me who was entered in that show and said "if you vote for my car I will vote for yours". It was not a person who owned a Camaro or Firebird but somone I saw at other shows that I happened to bump into last year on serveral occasions. I told him no in that instant.

That was Puppet Show Pete (not his real name; that is what we call him). He has a red Corvette with a lot of American flags, streamers, stuffed animals, etc. all over it to the point that you can hardly see what kind of car it is. He has done that (going up to people and asking to trade votes, almost to the point of begging for votes) at many shows and has been caught at a few shows stuffing ballots (two shows he was kicked out of and asked not to come back). He is a guy to stay away from because he gives voting at car shows a bad name. I usually don't like to point out people in particular, but at a few cars show that I was at, he pretty much robbed other participants of a trophy that they deserved and that is not right.

In 2001 or 2002 (can't remember the year but know the show) I participated in a camaro show and witnessed 3 Camaro owners (I was sitting in my lawn chair next to my car) saying they would vote for a car in a certain generation, all from the same club.

My point is broader than what I stated. Folks will vote together even if you don't know them. It is to bad that a small trophy will cause people to do bad things. Some of this can be prevented. That is why I think that having someone choosing is a better idea.

Just my opinion...I also think that at small shows you should not be able to win two years in a row and give others a chance.

This is an important quote not to understand. The "etc.." means friends going together to the show, PNWCC...basically any other group or club attending. I seriously hope this was not taken out of context, if it was it was not meant to. I am assuming it may have since you posted, and are from the Cruizer Club. If it came off that way I am sorry. I hope you can see my opinion based on what I have experienced.
This is Mike U. from Camaro Cruzers with the '99 red SS. We have met on a few occasions. I can understand your point and I can agree that there a few that will "go with their own", so to speak (that goes for just about every car club out there too), but in general, I think that most people will vote for who they think deserves it. It is all good and there are no hard feelings at all.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Smile

I appreciate that and believe me, it is very flattering to me that someone thinks that much of my car to vote for it. But, I have done more shows and walked away empty handed than I have won something at, and at most of those shows where I didn't win anything, there were no hard feelings at all, because the car(s) that did win deserved to win. No need to spoil your fun at a show worrying about winning something. There are more to car shows than just the trophies.

Thats why I opened up the voting for not just who were there showing but for the sales men & who ever walked through the show area. Believe me Mike there were alot more than just those members of Cruizn voting for your car.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Completely agree with you! I did my car to make me happy first, everyone else second. If competing at car shows is your thing, that is great, but as long as it is done fair and not done to win at all costs. I mentioned Puppet Show Pete in the reply to Todd's post... that is the kind of guy that gives voting at car shows a very bad name with the crap he pulls. In the end too, if you win or not, as long as you are happy with the ride, that is all that matters.

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin

1. I love cars.
2. I like hanging out with the group.
3. I have worked hard on my car and it's rewarding to have others appreciate
4. Judging is tuff. I liked the judging at the Aquafest they seemed to be real car guys, they talked about every car that won, but I won a trophy so of course I thought they were great judges. The all Chevy show was cool the car was judged against a sheet not other cars, I learned a lot from that show and have since corrected those items on my car.
5. After being in a few shows I believe you can build a car that would win trophies or you can build a car that floats your own boat. I building my car to float my boat within the budget I have. If only I had an Overhaulin budget.

We all want to go home with a trophy but you can't get worked up about it you'll just ruin an otherwise great day.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

This is Mike U. from Camaro Cruzers with the '99 red SS. We have met on a few occasions. I can understand your point and I can agree that there a few that will "go with their own", so to speak (that goes for just about every car club out there too), but in general, I think that most people will vote for who they think deserves it. It is all good and there are no hard feelings at all.
Thanks, I really did not want to come off sounding wrong, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Camaro show May 15th McKenna Wa