Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

whats wrong with my paint?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats wrong with my paint?????

My paint is fading off on my passenger side door below the molding... why only there? What can I do to remedy this? It looks bad...
Old 04-25-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never seen that on any of the cars I've been around, even when they have been ratted out (not taken care of). Did something get spilled on it maybe?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Default maybe

Originally Posted by Pinoyracer_18
My paint is fading off on my passenger side door below the molding... why only there? What can I do to remedy this? It looks bad...

Maybe it's the result of poor quality paint used to do a repair somewhere below the molding. It is common practice for bodyshops to repaint a section of the car when they have to repaint a spot that has been repaired. They like to "blend" the new paint into/over the old paint to fool your eyes into thinking that the whole car is the same color. The body molding would make a perfect and natural boundary for the section that needed to be repainted.
Just a thought.

Maximental
Old 04-25-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

What maximental said.
Did you pull a carfax report before buying the car? It would show up if insurance paid a claim on a crashed and fixed door and you can still pull one on it.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it aside from having the entire door re-painted. Properly. If that is the case.

Welcome back!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

when my car was painted, not cause i wrecked it cause i wanted yellow, they didn't do a good prep job. thats the first spot it started to peel. collects dirt in there. Once it starts it will just keep going trust me. I know. 2500 bucks wasted.