Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The Farm Truck Is Gone

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Farm Truck Is Gone

Well, after Rick graciously let me borrow his stock exhaust to take care of my fix-it ticket, I finally have my car back to the way it was!

2 days after I got the ticket taken care of the wonderful fix job, made up of clamps and tape, started to fall apart. So for the last 2 weeks I have been driving with no exhaust on, just a Y-pipe. Man was it loud and raspy!! Sounded like a stinking farm truck that was ready to fall apart going down the road. I was embarrased. The soonest I could get into Randy's was yesterday morning. I needed to take it there because we had to cut the GMMG to get it off of the car. Randy fixed it up in no time and now she sounds awesome and rumbles like she did before!

Thanks again Rick for letting me borrow your exhaust. You saved my **** buddy. I'll call you and we can set up a time when I can bring it back.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Glad you got it back to where you want it.

Randy a pretty cool guy, Just had the wifes family truckster (straight six) up there, put a header and flowmaster on it, sounds like a Ricer fart can now.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Glad you got her back together Ryan. That car is too sweet to sound like ***! And I am running my clear front cover now so the po-pos don't have an excuse (other than my driving) to pull me over. I'm sure my car would be too loud for them....
Old 05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

So are you ready for shows now!
Old 05-02-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
So are you ready for shows now!
As soon as I get her cleaned up, yes. I will be spending most of friday leaning for the saturday show. It will be fun to do a show again and bs with you guys.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

BTW, Randy has a db meter. After he put my GMMG back on we tested it. At idol I was at 80 and at 3k rpms it read 101.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vtec this
BTW, Randy has a db meter. After he put my GMMG back on we tested it. At idol I was at 80 and at 3k rpms it read 101.
Wow didn't think it would test that high, 101 is loud. 4-stroke MX Bikes are in that neighbor hood even with helmet on they are loud.

Quick Reply: The Farm Truck Is Gone