Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Valve Cover Plan In Place

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve Cover Plan In Place

After the show yesterday, Jason & I were looking at my car & we have a plan. I think the idea Rick & I came up with about mounting the coil packs on the radiator shroud will work. It's about the only place in my engine bay where they will fit. And with the ram air hood, it looks like there is room. Jason is making the brackets, and I am fabbing the coil pack wire loom extensions. All I need to do now is get a coil relocation kit from Thunder.

(Note to Boyce - I may need to install yours temporarily)

Here are some pics to show you. The 1st pic shows where they will go. Pic #4 shows how the coils touch the covers installed they way the kit tells you to.
Attached Thumbnails Valve Cover Plan In Place-vc.jpg   Valve Cover Plan In Place-vc1.jpg   Valve Cover Plan In Place-vc2.jpg   Valve Cover Plan In Place-vc3.jpg  

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 05-08-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Photos don't do those covers justice. I got to see them first hand and they look great.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Holy **** those look nice!

What about putting the coill packs under the cowl?

Mark that was a great choice for covers.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Boyce's relocation kit puts them under the cowl. But they don't fit. And Steve is correct. The pics do NOT do these justice. They are gorgeous!!! (as Nasty put it) They might actually put my car in the running for hardware at Colby. I'm serious. They look GREAT on the motor! And match my TB's color perfectly. They are easily the most impressive looking mod I will have on my car....they will complete my engine bay!

Sorry.....but these things nice.

Oh, and if anyone wants them, my polished billet coil pack brakcets I just bought from Nasty will be for sale. They replace the stock ones. Did you say you wanted them Rick? I will figure out what I paid for them & post a pic later.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Boyce's relocation kit puts them under the cowl. But they don't fit. And Steve is correct. The pics do NOT do these justice. They are gorgeous!!! (as Nasty put it) They might actually put my car in the running for hardware at Colby. I'm serious. They look GREAT on the motor! And match my TB's color perfectly. They are easily the most impressive looking mod I will have on my car....they will complete my engine bay!

Sorry.....but these things nice.

Oh, and if anyone wants them, my polished billet coil pack brakcets I just bought from Nasty will be for sale. They replace the stock ones. Did you say you wanted them Rick? I will figure out what I paid for them & post a pic later.
The polished brackets from Nasty, will they replace the stock ones?
Old 05-08-2005, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

Yes they will Todd, direct replacement. They are on my stock covers now. I even have chrome button-head bolts that I bought for them. The bolts that mount the coils to the brackets are black knurled allen heads however....
Old 05-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yes they will Todd, direct replacement. They are on my stock covers now. I even have chrome button-head bolts that I bought for them. The bolts that mount the coils to the brackets are black knurled allen heads however....
I am going to stop by Monday and take a look at them if you don'y mind.

PM me or post the price.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mark the plates are cut, just need to debure the edges, and round the corners.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Those will look VERY nice Mark!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Ryan. I know I talk $hit & have lofty goals, but wait until you see these things on my car. (no, I don't ever expect to win Colby!) It could just be me, but they make the engine look the way I've always wanted it to. Kinda like one of the old school big block show cars. I'm actually glad they cost so much & are a pain to make fit. Otherwise a bunch of you guys might be buying them.

And that's good news Jason. I got the rest of the wire I'll need today. I'll be calling Summit & Thunder tomorrow for the rest of the stuff. I should be ready by Friday.

And the lsit price on the brackets is $139 Todd. I don't know if I paid more to get them polsihed. Looking at the website I either got that or shipping free. And then there are the 10 chrome bolts. ($25) How does $125 sound for everything? Besides expensive.....but they are useless to me now. I'll be home tomorrow after 4. Swing by & let me know.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I need a napkin
Old 05-09-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great.

What spark plugs wires are you using?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Taylor. I have a set of 8mm on hand, and the relocation kit comes with 10.4s.

Ya know, I was just thinkin how sweet these covers would look on top of one of MTIs new 455s. Damn, I think I just came up with the ultimate setup for my car (IMO). Better start working LOTS of OT.

Quick Reply: Valve Cover Plan In Place