Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

My neighbor ex transam racer and instructor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My neighbor ex transam racer and instructor!!!

Wow I'm feeling hella lucky. Turns out my neighbor who I've been talking cars with for over two years now is an Ex trans am racer he raced competitively vettes for like 30 years. So I was talking about PIR racing school and he is like, oh man him and some other guy probably have more laps at PIR than anyone else. (he has pictures of him racing his 59 vette there in the 60's) AND he is a licensed instructor AND he still is active in events there and can get me in and do laps with him teaching.

I'm pretty freaking excited. His name is Dick Beck (I think that is his last name) He has always been a nice guy funny cause he is always asking me about Camaro's and vettes....
He also said there are continetial or something days were you can come out and run for I think around a $100, is anyone game? He said because it is not a competition that if anything were to happen insurance would probably cover it.
Bobby

Last edited by 93TAWicked1; 05-11-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would definitely take him up on his offer. Get one of the real ex or current racers in your car instead of just an instructor and what a difference it makes. They are animals!!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah you should hear him I'm being all conservative and this old guy is like hell no we are going to smoke everything out at the track that day except maybe a few Porchse's

Quick Reply: My neighbor ex transam racer and instructor!!!