Lookin For A Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan K
I can get a lawn mower to run 100K,

Ryan
I call bullshit, any lawnmower of yours would have one too many nitrous passes on it and you'd never get over 30k ....
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racehead
I call bullshit, any lawnmower of yours would have one too many nitrous passes on it and you'd never get over 30k ....
And a 671 Gimmy
Old 06-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Pathological Modifier

What, you've never seen a turbo lawn mower?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
These cars actually can hold quite a bit... when I go to the track, my car looks like a damn clown car with all the crap I put in it: slicks, skinnies, big toolbox, jack, two canvas folding chairs, tire inflator, electric impact wrench, cooler, my helmet, and a bunch of other crap.

Crap... after looking at all that, I really do need a truck!
Well, after having had over 10 F-Bods in my 20+ yrs of driving, I can honestly say that they just are not space-efficient. For example, on the drive up here from L.A. it was my Mom, my Rott & me. Plus one medium-large suitcase, and 3 SMALL carry-on type bags plus a small plastic bag for dog food/water dish/etc. With just that stuff, my car was packed so bad that the rear end got another 1 1/2" drop and I was scraping, banging and crashing over every little imperfection in the road..........for just one person, they have plenty of room, but once I throw my mutt in there with me, all my space goes out the window so to speak.

This is the price we pay to have the cars we do.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Rott, I've found if you remove the rear seats and throw some pads down in the rear floor boards it really helps out in the room department. Both of my labs will fit back there pretty well
Old 06-06-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
Hey Rott, I've found if you remove the rear seats and throw some pads down in the rear floor boards it really helps out in the room department. Both of my labs will fit back there pretty well
Yeah? I saw a while back some place that was selling "rear seat delete" packages for about $65 or so.....I may look into that. Would be easier for him to get in & out of the car at least.........
Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Yeah? I saw a while back some place that was selling "rear seat delete" packages for about $65 or so.....I may look into that. Would be easier for him to get in & out of the car at least.........
A rear seat delete package? What's that, a ratchet and a couple of sockets? If you want I'll sell you one of those rear seat delete packages for only $50.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got this POS VW Golf Diesel about two weeks ago for a whopping price of $1.00 (yes, one dollar), runs great and gets 52 miles to the gallon. Ain't pretty by any stretch, but saves $$$ on gas with my SS.

Originally Posted by madhatter
I love my 99 Saturn SC1. Great car and hasn't let us down in the last 15k.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan K
What, you've never seen a turbo lawn mower?

Hell i am still waiting to see ANY of his cars make it through a week with out getting modded!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
A rear seat delete package? What's that, a ratchet and a couple of sockets? If you want I'll sell you one of those rear seat delete packages for only $50.
Smarty pants. Basically it is just a kit to cover up/clean up the mess that is the area behind the front seats once you remove the reat seat & seat belts......I didn't say I was definitely gonna do it, just something that caught my eye.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I use my camaro for a DD and it is awesome I cant move lets say a couch loveseat but since it is a convertible i can get away with doing lots of stuff with it.I have hauled tables chairs and 2x4's in it.That must have been a funny sight to see a z with all this stuff loaded in it. Just cover thing s up with a big blanket and i'm good to go.My dogs just jump into it without a problem.Of course i won't let them drive it since i got the mods done.