Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Twin superchargers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005 | 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ram-it
Up yours Ellis! I did not spout off about a goddamn thing here. It was my thread about a cool pic that everyone started jumping on.
I realize that you're responding to Ellis here, but all any of us did in this thread is lightly debate the merits of an engine setup in a car from a pic that you posted up. We would do the same no matter WHO posted the pic up. You seem to take it like we were slamming you personally, or slamming a car that you owned, or slamming an idea that you had. There was nothing personal about this thread at all until you responded back. Aren't we free to post up our honest opinions about car setups here without you getting angry ?

The only thing I said was that I think all this major power loss with the setup is bullshit.
EXACTLY ! Right here your calling bullshit on something that you obviously know nothing about. The fact that a blower has huge parasitic losses is not even debatable. It's been an established fact for many, many years. That's right ESTABLISHED, measured, verified, re-verified, notorized, double checked, charted, graphed etc. And yet here you are saying it's bullshit ?? It's kind of like you calling bullshit on the fact that tires need air to function properly If you were to post up that conclusion on this forum, others would correct you, some harshly. Wouldn't you expect that ? No need to get defensive about it. We're ALL glad you posted the pic up for us to see.

And yes Bill, he is an ******* IMHO.
He might have some ******* like quality's ( Ellis bear with me here lol !) At times he might just be a full blown ******* ( still bearing with me Ellis ? ) I like Ellis just fine the way he is, I can deal with *******'s just fine as long as they say what they mean, and mean what they say. He doesn't sneak around talking behind your back, he'll tell you straight out if he's got something to say, and he always knows what he's talking about and doesn't post up bullshit. I respect that. Besides aren't you an ******* sometimes ? Aren't you being kind of an ******* in this post ? Be honest I know I sure the **** am. Us *******'s aren't really so bad when you get us together are we ? I think we're all pretty good people in this section as a whole. We get along great during get togethers etc. We shouldn't get to excited when were expressing opinions in e-land.

Lighten up, it's OK for people to vehemently disagree with your opinion on what's cool/good/desirable etc. IMO that car is a complete waste of time/money/energy and completely erases most of what's good about a C5, it has only the "bling" factor going for it. I also think it's pretty cool, and I'd love to drive it, watch it run down the track etc. It's ok with me if you disagree, but if you're going to debate it's technical merits, you're going to have to do better than it's hp sucking tendency's are bullshit.
Old 06-12-2005 | 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Again Bill I completely agree with EVERY thing you posted. I have been challenged of late to even post is a Thread Eric does. It seems no mater what I say it turns out like this. I go as far as to have my wife Proff read what I post!

I really did not mean for this to go this direction. I DID in fact see a ATI Blown C-5 Thursday. When we get together I will share the experiance I was ask to tune it but declined

Thank you for the post Bill!

Ellis
"That is MR. ******* to you!"
Old 06-12-2005 | 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

I think your all ********, glad to have you in my club

jimbob
Old 06-13-2005 | 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jimbob

jimbob
Now that's about the best post in this trainwreck of a Jerry Springer thread.
Old 06-13-2005 | 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimbob

jimbob
I'm tagging this thread cause I wanna be an ******* too.
Old 06-13-2005 | 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
I'm tagging this thread cause I wanna be an ******* too.
And from such humble beginnings "TEAM NW *******" was formed Are we taking nominations for president yet ? I have someone in mind
Old 06-13-2005 | 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

I think we all have someone in mind......
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Hi, my name is Darrin, and I am an *******.
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:21 PM
Banned

I was told that twin turbos dont make as much power as say one big one? OR is it all a size thing?
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver

Hi, my name is Darrin, and I am an *******.
I thought I could be an ******* just once one day, but it felt sooo good that pretty soon I was up to being an ******* 3-4 times a week ! Now days I wake up as an ******* and it continues on until I stumble into bed emotionally drained at 3:00 a.m. I've tried to kick the habit by being nice for a few hours, but I start getting the shakes until I finally hae to cruise around looking for someone to cut me off in traffic/give me a dirty look etc. so I can get that fix again. Then the vicious cycle continues lol !
Tech Addict

Dream on Rott, you're not even close to being an *******. Unless there is another side to you we have yet to see.
Tech Addict

Nothin to see here folks, move along peacefully.
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I was told that twin turbos dont make as much power as say one big one? OR is it all a size thing?
I believe that is true, plus the two smaller ones will spool up quicker than one large turbo. That's the way I understand it anyway.
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Racehead
I thought I could be an ******* just once one day, but it felt sooo good that pretty soon I was up to being an ******* 3-4 times a week ! Now days I wake up as an ******* and it continues on until I stumble into bed emotionally drained at 3:00 a.m. I've tried to kick the habit by being nice for a few hours, but I start getting the shakes until I finally hae to cruise around looking for someone to cut me off in traffic/give me a dirty look etc. so I can get that fix again. Then the vicious cycle continues lol !
You slay me........and you sound an awful lot like me.
Originally Posted by Rokko
Dream on Rott, you're not even close to being an *******. Unless there is another side to you we have yet to see.
Boy have I got you guys/gals fooled.
Old 06-13-2005 | 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

OK how many of you have had a Fight where your spouse stated you were and ******* and you replied...

"Why yes the day I meet you I told you I was an ******* and I am Happy to report NOTHING has Changed!"

I have some one in mind Also

And yes it is "generaly" true that Two Small turbo's will spool up quicker then one large turbo but as of late One large turbo seem to make more power
Old 06-13-2005 | 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

I have some one in mind Also
That's me I have always been the ultimate *******.....But alas, I been been seduced by the Dark Side (old age and tretchery) that has mellowed me .....But there is another...He may yet save the rebel alliance of ********.... "STAR WARS music starts playing in the back ground"

Jimbob