Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hot Rod Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at Puppet Show Pete's ride closely, if you can.... check out the mailbox letters on his manifold covers! And all the bumper stickers that guy put all over his hood.... makes me want to throw up! I'm all about beng supportive of our troops and the USA, but that guy takes it to hideous levels! He got caught stuffing ballots at a few shows last year too... he has been banned form a few shows because of that too. Definatly a person to stay away from.

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
That's a good idea, Doug! I think I will get a giant American flag to drape over my car... in fact, it'll be so big it'll be a car cover, and people won't be able to see my car... they'll just have to take my word for it that its a Camaro.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
Steve, You Basturd. You said you were done with the Mods... Home Depot sounds good. We just need to pick a time.
Done with mods.... thats funny.....never....
Old 06-13-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Done with mods.... thats funny.....never....
LOL Dan is thinking of new mods as he flys over germany & Iraq lol
Old 06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
Ahhh.... you have seen Puppet Show Pete then. That guy is a piece of work! If you haven't seen his car this year, it looks even worse, and he is more desperate than ever to win trophies. Last show I went to, I was told that he offered to pay for a "Most Patroitic" trophy so that he could win. That guy gives car shows a VERY bad name!!!
Oh we saw him at the Colby Show. Got banners on his car now. Puppet Show Pete eh? That's good!

I will say that it helps you to play the game a little if you want to win shows. Polished exhaust & mirrors, maybe even a model car if you can find one. And picking some theme does tend to make the car.

But that guy, and a few others I've seen go to extremes. One guy who has a 30th Anniv car never cleans under the hood, or opens it for that matter, but has a killer model car collection & a Dale flag & memorabilia & he has won several shows. I like my car MUCH better than his so it bothers me to lose to his, but oh well. I figure I have a hot rod & he has a display.

The arguement can be made NOT to modify a collector car. But mods are what car shows are all about IMO. (a certain skull car at Snohomish comes to mind) Anyone can buy a new car & drive it to a show. Not to say I won't look at it. Come back in 20 years & maybe I'll even vote for you. But I could never vote for the "who can pile the most crap around his car" entry.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Oh we saw him at the Colby Show. Got banners on his car now. Puppet Show Pete eh? That's good!

I will say that it helps you to play the game a little if you want to win shows. Polished exhaust & mirrors, maybe even a model car if you can find one. And picking some theme does tend to make the car.

But that guy, and a few others I've seen go to extremes. One guy who has a 30th Anniv car never cleans under the hood, or opens it for that matter, but has a killer model car collection & a Dale flag & memorabilia & he has won several shows. I like my car MUCH better than his so it bothers me to lose to his, but oh well. I figure I have a hot rod & he has a display.

The arguement can be made NOT to modify a collector car. But mods are what car shows are all about IMO. (a certain skull car at Snohomish comes to mind) Anyone can buy a new car & drive it to a show. Not to say I won't look at it. Come back in 20 years & maybe I'll even vote for you. But I could never vote for the "who can pile the most crap around his car" entry.
Yeah... we have been calling him Puppet Show Pete for a while now. Name fits him well, with all that Puppet Show crap all over his car.

As far as a theme goes, I agree that a SMALL display sets up the car very nicely, but as in Puppet Show Pete's case and that case of the guy that puts out a model car display, that is not cool. I can see a stuffed animal or two, a model of your car, a few items that relates to the car, and some info sheets about what you are driving and that is about it. I argue the case that when you are at a car show, you want people to look at the CAR, not all the crap around it. Take away all that crap and what do you have?? A plain, Jane corvette and a dirty 30th Aniversary car. Not fair really to those who take time in mods and keeping the ride nice and detailed. You want to show your patroitism or show off your model car collection? Well, there are other events for that. Leave the car shows to those who like to show their cars for what they are.

Puppet Show Pete is the kind of guy that I really hate at a show. With his begging and fishing for votes, other questionable means of getting the votes, and all the other crap he pulls at shows, he really gives car shows a very bad name!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea Mike those who have two car spaces for one car & their displays & those who do burn outs going out of the parking lot.

We have almost been asked not to come back to several shows because of people doing burn outs. thats why at the Baydo show I said NO burn outs. NOt only does it look bad for the dealership (for those who are buying cars there) it looks bad for those of us putting on the shows.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Yea Mike those who have two car spaces for one car & their displays & those who do burn outs going out of the parking lot.

We have almost been asked not to come back to several shows because of people doing burn outs. thats why at the Baydo show I said NO burn outs. NOt only does it look bad for the dealership (for those who are buying cars there) it looks bad for those of us putting on the shows.
I can understand the no burnout rule, but sometimes it is the way it is approached. When asked politely and with respect not to do burnouts, I would say 99% of the time people will respect that and not do it. But, like up in Seaview last year, whoever that guy was (the guy that put that show on) that was lecturing to us like we were third graders not to do burnouts, then of course a few people are gonna do them. Ask with respect, get respect in return; treat people like kids, get child-like behavior in return. I personally don't do burnouts as a rule (tires cost too damn much!!), but I can see where the temptation of lighting them up is too much sometimes, but we have asked out guys to wait to light them up until we were out of the parking lot and away from the show area.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heh... I'm with you. As a rule I don't do burnouts on street tires. Hell, 295/35/18s are damn pricey...
Old 06-14-2005, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

The worst part about guys like Puppet Pete is going to a show & having him get a trophy when people like Todd don't. There is just something VERY WRONG about that! I don't care who you are, there is no way to justify **** like that happening. That is why I prefer racing.....a level playing field.

Burnouts are a funny thing. I try not to, but sometimes you just get overcome with the urge. Like the Cruise at Colby. With Don B in the car, & the 2 cuties in the 67 Firebird egging me on, I couldn't help myself. So I goosed I a little....and got lectured as I should have.

But they do reflect poorly on us.....even tho 75% of the crowd LOVES them. And you run the risk of sand-blasting someone's car behind you. Not to mention what might happen if you lose it. The bad thing is when 1 person does it, then everybody wants to, and it gets out of hand quickly......
Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I know guys like Us who realy put some hard work in to our cars to lose a trophy to someone who does a sickly display.

I know I am going to spend the last few days cleaning & waxing Dans car Engine Compartment & all ( I just have to be carefull of Scotts sig.) I may put something up along the lines of dan is currently over seas but thats it. Heck I have to go through & Find half his stuff for his car.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Heh... I'm with you. As a rule I don't do burnouts on street tires. Hell, 295/35/18s are damn pricey...
Pricey, and then the tread life... unless you have some mad cash stashed somewhere, forget it!
Old 06-14-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The worst part about guys like Puppet Pete is going to a show & having him get a trophy when people like Todd don't. There is just something VERY WRONG about that! I don't care who you are, there is no way to justify **** like that happening. That is why I prefer racing.....a level playing field.

Burnouts are a funny thing. I try not to, but sometimes you just get overcome with the urge. Like the Cruise at Colby. With Don B in the car, & the 2 cuties in the 67 Firebird egging me on, I couldn't help myself. So I goosed I a little....and got lectured as I should have.

But they do reflect poorly on us.....even tho 75% of the crowd LOVES them. And you run the risk of sand-blasting someone's car behind you. Not to mention what might happen if you lose it. The bad thing is when 1 person does it, then everybody wants to, and it gets out of hand quickly......
Supercharger Todd don't need anymore trophies! He has got like 1500 of them already! LOL But, I agree... there are a LOT of people that get cheated out of a trophy by someone who begs and cheats to get them and it is not right. Besides that, how does Puppet Show Pete justify having those trophies when he knows how he got them? Very hollow victory. I just wish that someday Puppet Show Pete would just stop coming to these shows. He doesn't belong there.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We had a club member about a month ago that was in the middle of a burnout when he lost control and did some considerable damage to his SS. Luckily, he didn't hurt himself or anyone else and do any damage to any other property. Ask him today if he will do another burnout.... I'm sure you know what his answer will be. Lighting them off is very cool and gets people pumped, but consider what could happen if something goes wrong.

Quick Reply: Hot Rod Sunday