Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The sewing machine lives!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005 | 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Default The sewing machine lives!!!

Well once again I have amazed my self by somehow putting all the pieces back together again. Right now it sounds like a Asian Nike clothing sweat shop. But maybe after the lifter pump up it will be more "Stealth". Need to clean all the ******* STEERING FLUID from the under carriage. Then about 5 bolts for the front shroud and I'm going for a test drive. Then I'm going to wash it, I think this is the dirtiest it has ever been....

What do you guys in apartments do to clean your engines, I don't want the owners association seeing me cleaning my motor with the hose in front of the house.
Old 06-15-2005 | 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Humpty Dumpty Lives!!! Cool.....

Mine quieted down about 90% after about 5 minutes of running.
Old 06-15-2005 | 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, a cam with a fast ramp rate is gonna sound like a bunch of third world sweat shop kids pumping out Air Jordans... My TSP 231/237, which has slow ramp rates, was actually fairly mild sounding under the hood even though it loped like crazy. My F13 doesn't lope as much, but due to faster ramp rates has a ton of that damn sewing machine sound.

That stealth cam you have is supposed to be stealthy exhaust-wise... no one will know you have a cam unless they know exactly what they're listening for (i.e. sewing machine).
Old 06-15-2005 | 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL yep anyone who knows LS1's will know something is up. It does have a little lope but it did stock as well so this is just a little bit more. But yes you can hear it chuga chuga chaga along. I'm just glad the damn thing started. There is so much too it and all it takes is forgetting one thing or another then your spending a week trying to figure out where you went wrong if you know what I mean.

All and all not really hard except for the powersteering assembly and steering rack. The radiator is extremely easy funny cause the LS1howto makes it seem like a bitch you just have to take the hoses off first then pull it out.

Anyhoo enough stalling I'm going to start cleaning so I can take her for a ride. I'm kinda giddy
Old 06-15-2005 | 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
What do you guys in apartments do to clean your engines, I don't want the owners association seeing me cleaning my motor with the hose in front of the house.
I use to take my car to the self spray wash and choose the engine cleaner, actually it really soaped up the engine well and did a good job.
Old 06-15-2005 | 03:24 PM
Banned

IS that what that noise was? I thought someone ripped the roof off the mill in Scapoose! You get used to the sound, after a while you dont even notice it. Your car cam w/LOADEST **** EXAUST!
Old 06-15-2005 | 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

WOW is all I can say (Blanco I got the stealth because of the driveabilty and power band not the stealth )

This cam is everything I wanted without a tune it runs like stock, Accellaration at least to 4k is MUCH MUCH more linear than stock. The thing is a freaking monster its like driving on an ice rink and again I may have went to 4400 but I doubt it. It has not altered the drivablity of the car at all except that traction control doesn't seem to be able to come on quick enough for it.

WOW WOW WOW can't wait to get it tuned and to the track, top ten here I come!!!! The used to surge with a blip of the throttle now it LUNGES the whole car picks up and just lurches forward. I am EXTREMELY happy

Can't wait until tomorrow after the springs are heat cycled or whatever you call it to go to 6500 through the gears!!

Trending Topics

Old 06-15-2005 | 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

You need to bring that car up here on a trip and go racing with us at Pacific or Bremerton. I wanna see that baby run...
Old 06-15-2005 | 05:27 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Congrats Bobby! Sounds awesome!
You bastard, you. Ooops, sorry, just the dark side of jealousy poking through there.

Not going to mod it, LOL!
Old 06-15-2005 | 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
You need to bring that car up here on a trip and go racing with us at Pacific or Bremerton. I wanna see that baby run...

Yeah I know which is closer to Tacoma?? I was going to come up this weekend but that B-que is WAY north. I think we should have a meet up in Centrilia or Olympia
Old 06-15-2005 | 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I know which is closer to Tacoma?? I was going to come up this weekend but that B-que is WAY north. I think we should have a meet up in Centrilia or Olympia
Actually both about equal distance from Tacoma... Bremerton's roughly 15 miles NW of Tacoma, Pacific roughly 15 miles NE of Tacoma.

The biggest difference is that we mostly go racing on Friday nights (gates open at 4pm) at Pacific, and when we go to Bremerton we go EARLY in the morning (gates open at 8am) on Saturdays.
Old 06-15-2005 | 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

bobby, you guys are doing woodburn on friday?
Old 06-15-2005 | 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nathan
bobby, you guys are doing woodburn on friday?

As long as the weather holds out I'm planning on it. Its supposed to rain, but it was supposed to rain today too..

Jay I'd be down for the Friday night drags up there sometime I don't see that early Saturday morning unless I'm going to bed
Old 06-15-2005 | 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Congrats man! Glad she is running.

Me I never cared what they said when I was doing my thing The old days

Steph's car never did settle down. Then again .575 lift on a baby cam seems to be alot I am going to ttry a new set of Lifters on hers this winter in hopes of getting it to calm down...and maybe open the air passages a little

Can't wait to see how that thing run's man!
Old 06-15-2005 | 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Congrats man! Glad she is running.

Me I never cared what they said when I was doing my thing The old days

Steph's car never did settle down. Then again .575 lift on a baby cam seems to be alot I am going to ttry a new set of Lifters on hers this winter in hopes of getting it to calm down...and maybe open the air passages a little

Can't wait to see how that thing run's man!
Well I need to get my *** up there one of these days. But I would like it to be a planned day like that dyno day so I can make sure to check out everyones cars!

I would say screw the neighbors but they are already pretty cool about the car, they really all could complain about the noise but most of them like it, as long as I don't take it out late on a weekday.
Old 06-15-2005 | 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Speaking off, things have changed a bit since that last dyno day.. remember 320 was a good run then!!! We were all like WOW when that stock SS pulled 323
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Well once again I have amazed my self by somehow putting all the pieces back together again. Right now it sounds like a Asian Nike clothing sweat shop. But maybe after the lifter pump up it will be more "Stealth". Need to clean all the ******* STEERING FLUID from the under carriage. Then about 5 bolts for the front shroud and I'm going for a test drive. Then I'm going to wash it, I think this is the dirtiest it has ever been....

I hate to admit it...................But I haven't cleaned my engine for a long time! I need to, just waiting to move into the house we just bought. Any recommendations on washing (incredibly filthy) corvette engine compartment?
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Kind of late here, but congrats Bobby. Z06's are sick enough stock, your car must be a huge ego booster now. You definitely will have to plan on coming up to show us lowly fbody guys what a cammed Z06 can do
Old 06-16-2005 | 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Racehead
Kind of late here, but congrats Bobby. Z06's are sick enough stock, your car must be a huge ego booster now. You definitely will have to plan on coming up to show us lowly fbody guys what a cammed Z06 can do

Ha I don't know about lowly F-bodies there are alot of them in this NW forum I wouldn't be able to hang with! We need to plan something up there maybe another dyno day or a track day or something.
Old 06-16-2005 | 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Ha I don't know about lowly F-bodies there are alot of them in this NW forum I wouldn't be able to hang with! We need to plan something up there maybe another dyno day or a track day or something.
We'll all be at Pacific racing on June 24th.