Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks.....never heard back today what the actual damage was, but I really don't care so long as it is fixed and back to me sometime Monday.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a feeling ti was the Diff. They used a Cheap Torsen on all 98 newer cars unless unpdated by SLP to the (LT1 style) Auburn Diff.

I have yet to see a Torsen come out that was not completely trashed and making noise. I 'Think' Zeke's 98 was starting to make noise before he sold it years ago. The gears just flat wear through the case!

Glad they are taking care of you man! I Freaking HATE dealers! Some of the biggest rip off con-artist live at the dealerships!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I had a feeling ti was the Diff. They used a Cheap Torsen on all 98 newer cars unless unpdated by SLP to the (LT1 style) Auburn Diff.

I have yet to see a Torsen come out that was not completely trashed and making noise. I 'Think' Zeke's 98 was starting to make noise before he sold it years ago. The gears just flat wear through the case!

Glad they are taking care of you man! I Freaking HATE dealers! Some of the biggest rip off con-artist live at the dealerships!
Yeah, I am glad it is getting taken care of too......only downside (apart from being w/o my car for the weekend) is that I "might" have to pay 1 hour labor costs for them jacking around with my T/A gridle. I will no doubt argue it IF they ask me to, which the dude said he was going to try to "work into" the warranty work. So $86 (maybe) to get my diff repaired/replaced......I can live with that.

This is by far the best experience I have EVER had with a dealership so far. As for the damage, I am guessing the crap is worn to a frazzle as well.......

On another note, my buddy's '02 'Hawk HAD the Auburn diff and it self destructed as well......not from the track or anything either, just did.........I guess these things are just hit & miss or he got a crappy one from SLP.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I really see NO reason to get charged Extra for less then Five minutes to set the cover
Old 06-18-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I really see NO reason to get charged Extra for less then Five minutes to set the cover
Yeah....I dunno either.....but they had to call me to get the torque specs 4 the bolts, before they even removed it........and I was taking a nap (I am sick) so I wasn't paying much attn or caring since he had said they were gonna fix it.......Once I heard that, the rest was just noise.

I am sure if I raise a stink about it, they won't do it.......the guy I have been dealing with is ULTRA cool, and he did say he would try to get it worked into the warranty coverage. But he was asking weird questions (presumably given the amount of obvious mods to the car) like if the internals of the diff were stock, gears, all that........I told him a Pontiac Dealer in L.A. installed the cover and the rest was 100% stock. He said that was fine/good enough.

Gonna see you and your photoshopping wife tonight?

Quick Reply: Clyde Revord Pontiac???