Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Puppet Pete Kills us again.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005 | 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fine I will just allow Dan to put a Super Model in a Thong across the hood of his car.

His car would win hands down
Old 06-23-2005 | 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
I agree with Jon. I make comments about things at show etc.. but when we get to the point that we take action, man that is a little far (depending on what is done).

Thoughts...
1. My question is if it is proven that he is stuffing ballots why is he allowed to come back to the show again?? Why aren't the folks running the shows being informed about this behavior and kicking him out for the next year ect.. If I seen it happening I would turn him in with proof, period, to the show operator.

2. If what he does is so wrong, why does he win from folks voting for him?? I know we all do not like the military play on things, but folks still vote for it...I am sure he is not stuffing ballots at every show.

3. When I go to shows I take my kids (most all the time) it is a family event. I like to show off my work that I did with my own two hands on my car and enjoy folks appreciating my work. Also, I like hanging out with friends.

4. I look for ways to prevent cheating at shows (like voting procedures that I have mentioned) but it will never be fair as to who wins because everyone has different likes and dislikes about who should be choosen. It may be the amount of mods on a car, if the person did the modding themselves, most bling, the car that us used daily that looks great, maybe horse power, paint scheme, interior, god the list goes on and on to why a car should win. Puppets seem to be in at the moment, if your wanting to win a trophy buy some for your car.

5. I am not that interested in getting back at the guy for winning something...a trophy or plaque. Let face it if he won nothing it would not be an issue. Ranting about him is enough for me and I will continue but that is enough for me.

I am just throwing in another perspective, anyone can do what they want I am not going to do stuff to folks unless it is through the proper channels. If anyone touched my display I would be pissed. I am sure folks think I go overboard but I just want to show off my work.

When I went to the All Chevy Show 2 yrs ago displays were not allowed during judging...if displayes are not liked then make it a rule at the shows that our clubs put on...that should "even" things up.

Everyone has valid complaints, I just think it should be handled by the shows.

BTW I am not saying this with anger nor am I mad at anyone just throwing thoughts out there. So don't think I am siding with anyone or against, just MY thoughts. As long as we all go to the shows together, have fun, and someone we know wins at times it makes my day!
You know, I think that in the end, we all have our disgust over what Puppet Show Pete does. To answer one question about the stuffing ballots, he was caught doing that at one show that I know without question and was asked not to come back. He has also been asked not to come back to two other shows that I know of for questionable behavior. His display is more insulting to the men and women in the military serving overseas than inspiring. And, the guy is not a car guy. That is very obivious!
Thinking about this last nite after my last posts, I came to the conclusion that Puppet Show Pete is not worth the energy anymore. Spending my time hating someone like that is more or less wasted energy for someone who should be beneath my contempt. The man is a joke and this is the only thing that he has left to make him feel good about himself. In his mind, he probably thinks that he is justified in what he does. Even with all the insults, jabs, and everything else that us or anyone else may fling at him, he will still be coming back to these shows. I doubt if there is anything that we can do about that.
I believe in karma and what comes around, goes around. PSP will get his sooner or later. I'm not saying to let it go to anyone, but understand that these plans that we have come up with here to let PSP know how we really feel, he probably won't get the point. He may think that we are just a bunch of haters and jealous of what he does.
The one thing is that let's not play his game. If we see the crap he pulls at shows, let the show promoters know about it then. The humilation of being asked to leave a show and not come back a few more times might be the thing that makes him realize that it is not everyone else that has the problem, he is the one that does.
I know this is a complete 180 from what I have been saying before, but like I said eariler, the man is not worth my energy anymore. He is beneath my contempt and should be beneath everyone elses' here too.
Old 06-23-2005 | 04:54 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Dude... I'm diggin on the Tinky Winky idea.
It's all about the kids, man..

Or maybe I could do a tribute to war veterans who were injured in combat and have earned a purple heart. Oh yeah, there we go.
Old 06-27-2005 | 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Today at a show I went to, Puppet Show Pete happened to be there. Well, he was out early in force trying to solicit votes, (it was a participant's jugdged show) and another participant that was there went up to him and totally ripped him a new a#$hole about that and some other things that he has been doing. Come to find out he was cheated out of a Best In Show trophy and a few others because of PSP's crap. He then went up to the registration booth and let them know about what PSP was doing. So, 5 minutes later, they made an annoucment that there was to be no solicitation of votes from any of the participants and anyone caught doing that was to be thrown out of the show. Needless to say, PSP went back to his car, sat down, and did not move for the rest of the show. And, he won nothing.
All I can say is that when that guy went off on PSP, it was like all the anger that I had towards PSP was being lifted from me, because someone finally called him out, something was done, and Puppet Show was put in his place. Maybe a few more times of that he will get the hint and he will stop coming to these shows. I feel much better now! LOL

Quick Reply: Puppet Pete Kills us again.