Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Mustang Bashing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005 | 02:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Racehead
As was already said ... **** talking is as much a part of street racing as the actual racing is. It's always been that way and everybody on this board knows it. It's entertaining for everyone really. However, there DOES come a point where the **** talking has gone it's course and the racing must begin. I think most people here are to that point now, and are becoming bored with the talking. It's time to race. You've recieved a number of offers to race precisely by your own rules. Pick a guy and race .........

edit: Ooops ! I forgot the smiley face

I am just replying to stuff now. Pick a day, somebody.
Old 07-10-2005 | 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NVME88GT
I am just replying to stuff now. Pick a day, somebody.
We'll all be at Bremerton this coming Saturday the 16th. 8am... bring it on out.

If not then, we'll all be at Pacific on Friday the 29th. Gates open at 4pm.
Old 07-10-2005 | 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everybody knows i streetrace however i do not go to the "too fast too furious"
style of races those guys are dangerous and stupid...When i say i street race I mean giving some yoyo rolling up at the red light who thinks he's hot stuff exactly what he asked for. Even then, it doesnt happen if there is traffic, if there is a kid in the car, or anything else that would increase the danger. Most of the time it is late at night (I work graveyard). As often as not, these cars are Mustangs who think they're hot, but don't have a clue what they've got, how to use it, or how to make it hot. Some are mod'd. None of the realize that this 'vert came stock able to beat their pidly mods. I'm not saying that is tru for all Mustangs, just most of the ones I have come across over here. I don't take it out to the track for the same reason you stated - I would be sent home after one pass, since it IS modified and it IS a 'vert.

there's street racing and then there's street racing. What you talk about is about as sensible as it can get and I'm glad to see it.
Old 07-10-2005 | 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Where to start where to start........

I'm not rich so I will race for $100 or $200 bucks.
Thats the nutshell right there. Hell, we were betting $50-$75 a race in the 70's. You throw down 5 Franklins minimum and that would get some interest, maybe not a race but at least the assumption you are legal age to drink and go to jail for awhile.

Smack talk is cheap. A grand in smack talk is worth the drive
Old 07-10-2005 | 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Ahh, how refreshing! I come back this morning and see you are acting like the man you are instead of the boy you were I almost think I could come to like you

My modifications shouldn't matter since I am a "pimply faced kid"
I'd just like to clarify that I didnt say you WERE a pimply faced kid, I said you were ACTING like one ... even grandpas can do that from time to time I'm glad to see you giving up some facts ... it lets everyone know you've got something to back up your smack talk with and that you aren't just what you backhandedly accused some here of being - all talk.

Benchracing and debating is as gay as talkign about rwhp dyno numbers.
For the most part, I agree with you - when I said debating the possibilities I was referring to the talk that goes on on how to improve ones power and times (driver mod, anyone? )

My definiton of a street car is a car is a car that has a stock style suspension, tires that fit in the stock wheel wells, and full interior. Can a daily driven car vary from this? Sure it can, but you asked for my definiton and that's it. My car splits the daily driver duty with my bike and it has full interior, a/c, power everything, a decent stereo.
Good enough, and a valid definition really. I will say that there is a reason the tracks require safety hardware, and its because on wrong thing at those speeds can be lethal - on the track or off. A good example is our car - even before we started talking about taking it to the track, Tom wanted some form of bar in it because its a 'vert, and by nature it is more dangerous. Would you consider a Jeep with 5 point harnesses any less of a street car than yours? Probably not because it is a sensible safety consideration.

My car doesn't have a bar because I think they make your car more dangerous on the street and people automatically know you are faster than X ET. Also, makes the backseat nearly non functional....however slight the functionality may have been in the 1st place.
Again, some valid points ... the same ones Ellis gives for NOT putting one in our car unless we will NEVER NEVER let the kids in it again. And sure, a bar does give away some info about your car ... like that you take it out to the track. At the same time, a great many street racers have no clue what the regulations are - that is, what times require a bar - so you are just as likely to be able to get away with you "just a 13 second car" comment as not

**** talking is a part of racing. It always has been and always will be. It works too. Look how quick you all are to get a race going. Have a good one.
Yeah, I know that - we all do - but there is a line between **** talking and just being an ***, and in the presence of grown-up (of any age) it is one better left uncrossed. We all expect some smack ... love it, in fact ... but when the time comes you are expected to back it up, too. Also, you come in here treating these guys like they are just fresh-faced kids. Reality is, they arent of the "when its fixed" that never happens crew. If they say a couple weeks, then barring complications its gonna be just that. The reason you got alot of flack on Ellis' behalf is that the people here RESPECT him, as he has set his project car aside for some time to build a business to help other people make their cars faster ... and that includes many of the cars on this board. Now its finally his turn, and we are all frothing to see the results

It really is a shame we live so far away. It would be fun to come out and play ... and hey, if Tom lost it would take him down a notch or two, which wouldnt be a bad thing
Old 07-10-2005 | 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Thats the nutshell right there. Hell, we were betting $50-$75 a race in the 70's. You throw down 5 Franklins minimum and that would get some interest, maybe not a race but at least the assumption you are legal age to drink and go to jail for awhile.

Smack talk is cheap. A grand in smack talk is worth the drive

You're too funny Amy! Maybe we can take up a donation pot to pay his track fees
Old 07-10-2005 | 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
We'll all be at Bremerton this coming Saturday the 16th. 8am... bring it on out.

If not then, we'll all be at Pacific on Friday the 29th. Gates open at 4pm.
I will come out to Bremerton on the 16th. Look for the tall/cornfed whiteboy in the Rustang. Low 13s to follow.

I'll leave the other comments alone. It's a never ending cycle if I don't. I'll let my wins do the talking saturday. See ya there.
Old 07-10-2005 | 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

I will come out to Bremerton on the 16th. Look for the tall/cornfed whiteboy in the Rustang. Low 13s to follow.

I'll leave the other comments alone. It's a never ending cycle if I don't. I'll let my wins do the talking saturday. See ya there.
Excellent! Now I just hopre I get my car back together since there should be at least 2 fast Mustangs there (Kent's 11 sec 65 should be running too).
Old 07-10-2005 | 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Well tall/cornfed whiteboy lookin' forward to meeting you and maybe racing you. We'll have some laughs and some great racing. See you Saturday

PS Since we're meeting you at the track, and not on the street, does that mean we talk better **** than you do ? lol ! Just kidding, see ya on the 1320 ..........
Old 07-10-2005 | 11:52 PM
Launching!

Well tall/cornfed whiteboy lookin' forward to meeting you and maybe racing you. We'll have some laughs and some great racing. See you Saturday
Sounds good!

PS Since we're meeting you at the track, and not on the street, does that mean we talk better **** than you do ? lol ! Just kidding, see ya on the 1320 ..........

No, it means I REALLY want to race. I'm tired of standing around
Old 07-11-2005 | 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

We will see you there Eric! It will be Great to meet you and BS some more.

BTW I thought you said you had a 302 I got a confirmed BS on that Size I also heard you were good for low to mid 11s? Should be some good racing!

See you there man!
Old 07-11-2005 | 01:06 AM
On The Tree

No, it means I REALLY want to race. I'm tired of standing around
You catch on quick, I think there's hope for you yet! Nah, really, tho, that is what the real attraction of the track is ... it aint that its legal or that there are trophies, its that there are people there READY TO RACE, and you are guaranteed to have one

You have a great time there, and dont forget to come back and brag
Old 07-11-2005 | 01:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
We will see you there Eric! It will be Great to meet you and BS some more.

BTW I thought you said you had a 302 I got a confirmed BS on that Size I also heard you were good for low to mid 11s? Should be some good racing!

See you there man!
Who said I have different than a 302? It's a stock bottom end. My car is NOWHERE NEAR low 11s on full kill. Not even close actually.
Old 07-11-2005 | 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Hehehe Just The word on base and in your street race crowd
Old 07-11-2005 | 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

This thread took off. I don't post for a couple of days and look what happens. I'm planning on being at Bremerton this coming weekend if I can get enough miles on that new clutch and tranny, that and figure out how to launch it again.
Old 07-11-2005 | 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Damn, 3 fast Stangs are coming, 4 if Esoteric shows up. I didn't know there were that many around here. I GOTTA get my car running now....
Old 07-11-2005 | 12:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Hehehe Just The word on base and in your street race crowd

Those fools don't know ****. They think because I'm so cocky that I must have a pro street car or something. Problem is...no one wants to step up and see how fast I really am(or am not).

What time do they tech until? I have don't have duty on Saturday, but I have an off going muster at 0730. Then I have to go home and change and get ready. That puts me leaving my house at 0830ish. So, I could probably be Bremerton by 1000 if I can't get out of the muster.
Old 07-11-2005 | 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Gates open at 8, time trials start at 9, eliminations start around 1 I think. Cost $25 to get in, $5 more if you wanted to join the Ford Drag Team & earn them Car Club Challenge points, $10 more for spectators.
Old 07-11-2005 | 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Gates open at 8, time trials start at 9, eliminations start around 1 I think. Cost $25 to get in, $5 more if you wanted to join the Ford Drag Team & earn them Car Club Challenge points, $10 more for spectators.
If this is your first time, you'll need a Bremerton Race Card with your new number. It's only $2. but you'll need to go to the bottom of the tower to get it. Do that before you get teched.
Old 07-11-2005 | 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool I see the respect for fast cars has came back to this thread. You all will have fun...I will be out when i get my cage.20 hrs days at work won't be long if i live thru it.(Don't ever run a damn Boiler it sucks)

Quick Reply: Mustang Bashing!