Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New toy

Old 07-09-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New toy

This is kind off topic, but anyways

I picked up a tv tuner card for my computer the other day. It allows you to watch tv on your computer, but it also allows you to record tv shows to the hard drive (and then you can burn them to DVD). Another thing I can do is hook up a video tape and record it onto the computer, so I'll have to find my drag race video and put it on here.

Oh, this thing was only $100...cheaper than a tivo or the other video recorders they have out. I also got an additional 160 GB Harddrive (for $19 after mail in rebate!)

Oh, I also have my computer hooked up to my projector now, so when we watch stuff from the computer, we can just watch it on the big screen.

Now I won't miss any more of those car shows that they show on spike!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Veteran

John keeps threatening to do that as well over TiVo and other recorders. I think that might have to be a Christmas present - if he's naughty

You have it hooked up and tried it yet? Report back so I can start a 'shopping list'
Old 07-10-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I have it hooked up and running. Easy install and stuff.

I'm a little disapointed with the quality. When you throw it up on a 76" screen its not the greatest. I'm hoping that I can tweak some things or get a different program to run it and that will help. There are a couple of computer home theater websites that might be able to help me, but I've been busy this weekend.

Search this Thread