Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Damn cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, neither can I. But the bank seems to have an endless supply of that crap. And between me spending all my time working OT, or in the garage, the wife is happy too. Life is good!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL mine gets mad when I'm always in the garage hopefully a few years of marraige will cure that. She loves driving in it after its done and complains ALL time that she doesn't get to drive it. But she does't understand the work it takes to keep it nice and make it faster.

Although I did tell her I may need to put a 402 in to fix my oil consumption problem and she didn't bat an eyelash
Old 07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

New Heads too!! Sheesh, going for that top spot are we?

gotta love OT.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
New Heads too!! Sheesh, going for that top spot are we?

gotta love OT.
Heh... I wish him luck taking it from Ryan. I'm gonna put down money that by sometime next season, Ryan's gonna be running in the single digits with that turbo car of his.

Me... I'm just gonna add some heads, and a nice shot of nitrous. Along with just a wee lil bit of weight reduction. I'll go even further on the weight reduction if I get a truck this fall... then I don't have to worry about it being a serviceable vehicle for commuting in anymore.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

With boost, 6L heads are pretty much a given if you plan to race. And the times Ryan ias running now is about where I think I'll end up, so I'm sure he will still own 1st place. Unless Ellis gets his rig going, or that "other silver turbo car" steps it up. With a mild shot I think my car should easily go into the 10s with what we have planned, but who knows if I'll get that crazy.

Oh and Rick, I paid less for these heads than I did for the HS rockers! Ebay baby!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Ebay, wow, i gotta start checking that out alot more.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

12 out of 16 have visble wear....not a record I'm sure, but a pretty good average.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad they are taking care of you Mark! Good to see

BTW Guys it was not 30 minutes after I told Mark that 6.0L heads went for cheap on E-Bay he was calling with two sets on the line

E-BAY BABY!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
LOL mine gets mad when I'm always in the garage hopefully a few years of marraige will cure that. She loves driving in it after its done and complains ALL time that she doesn't get to drive it. But she does't understand the work it takes to keep it nice and make it faster.

Although I did tell her I may need to put a 402 in to fix my oil consumption problem and she didn't bat an eyelash
After a couple years of Marriage she will be kicking you out to the Garage! And she'll be glad to spend money on parts to keep you busy out there

Unless she's like me and gets her own fast car so you have something else to keep busy on in your spare time
Old 07-12-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Just got off the phone with Nasty Perf. A new set of rockers is on the truck. SWEET! You da man Nate!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

that's awesome mark!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nate really is a good guy and will bend over backwards for you. I have spent alot of time on the phone with him in the past and he is always willing to help.

Onto the rocker arms. For me this just throws in another vote of "no confidence" in the HS arms. Mine, Marks and numerous other have had problems with them. If this was happening with Jesels or comps alot them I would say that it might be a milling issue on the heads. BUT you dont hear about jesels or comps, YTs etc having near the problems the HS gear is having.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

my 1.75 promags are looking better everyday. time to order some valve springs and retainers and be done with it.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with you Boyce. Tho there is one other point that might support HS's opinion. That being all the stock rocker arms that explode. But like you said, with Jesel & Comps being full shafts, you'd think there would be MAJOR problems with them. Plus, I see no unusual wear patterns on my valve stems. You'd think if the valves were out of alignment, there would be wear patterns off to 1 side or something....wouldn't you?

And those Pro Mags might be the ticket. Who cares about alignment on a single, floating rocker arm....
Old 07-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

i wonder if the roller tips or roller tip axle's had a slight taper causing them to fail? did all the rockers fail in the same direction? as in toward the front or rear of the motor or was it sporadic?

do you have an accurate to .0001 mic? I have one that's accurate to .00005. lets measure the roller tip diameters at both ends and see how they are.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

I think they all failed to the left (sideways), which makes me thing rocker mfr problem. But I have them boxed up to send them back tonight so there will be no measuring. Sorry. And my mic is digital, & I think it's .0001.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Pathological Modifier

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Onto the rocker arms. For me this just throws in another vote of "no confidence" in the HS arms. Mine, Marks and numerous other have had problems with them. If this was happening with Jesels or comps alot them I would say that it might be a milling issue on the heads. BUT you dont hear about jesels or comps, YTs etc having near the problems the HS gear is having.
Wow! I thought I said this last year, these HS rocker arms are garbage. Go ask the SBC guys how they like them. They are the cheapest rocker arms available other than Proform crap.

Wahusker do yourself a favour and sell off those rocker arms when big brown drops them off. I'd run the stockers brfore running HS rocker arms.

Also a full shaft rocker is Better than HS is telling you. I ran T&D's with a cam that makes yours look like a factory cam. Never had any of these "Shaft Mount" BS problems that HS is feeding you.

Ryan
Old 07-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Pathological Modifier

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Tho there is one other point that might support HS's opinion. That being all the stock rocker arms that explode.
The failure rate of factory rockers were limited to sertain batches. Its VERY rare outside of those batches to have a failure.

Ryan
Old 07-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

hey ryan, do you know if those bad batches were a certain year specific?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

I never had any issues with mine, plus i have seen them stand up to some pretty hard abuse, not on my part, but in some 1300-1800hp big blocks, so ryan I wouldn't be calling them crap, Not evryone has the money to buy jessel, and for the money you can't beat the quality.

Just for the record, someone else needs to run the juice and knock these forced induction guys back down where they belong

Quick Reply: Damn cars