Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

GMMG exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005 | 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default GMMG exhaust ?

I'm seriously thinking about getting in on the GP for a GMMG system for the T/A. It looks as though they come with 2 1/2 in. exhaust tips. Are those the only tips to choose from? I would like 3 in. if possible.

I know some of you local northwest people have this system.

Could you shed a little light on the GMMG exhaust system for me. I guess 2 1/2 in. would be OK, I have 3 1/2 in. tips right know, but the LM is to loud with the headers.

Opinions on the GMMG performance, sound, and looks, please.
Old 07-29-2005 | 12:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Well, I know several people with LS1's and the GMMG & it is one of the best sounding catbacks ever, IMHO. I went from stock, to the SLP Loud Mouth to true duals, and I still LOVE to listen to a car with the GMMG on it. Nothing quite like chambered exhaust on our cars. I have yet to hear of or read about ONE complaint with the system and that is hard to beat. The price is high, but worth it. Had I not gone with true duals, I would have replaced my LM with that GMMG.

U can PM Skytower31 on here or LS2.com as he has an '02 'Hawk with the GMMG and he would be happy to tell you how great it is. Just tell him Rottie sent ya.
Old 07-29-2005 | 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

I plan on goin with the GMMG on my car eventually. If you wanna hear one just show up at Quizno's on saturdays and if Doug (99LSS1) is there he's got it on his car, as well as WS6Freak and a couple others.
Old 07-29-2005 | 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like a nice exhaust system from what you guys are telling me. I'm going to buy one for sure with the oval tips.

I have to work saturday evening so I can't make it to Quiznos, gotta pay for the new GMMG, you know how it is.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-30-2005 | 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

IMHO!!! It is the best sounding exhaust out there. But I am Biased. I heard it on Ryans WS6 and on Erics WS6 and thought it was awsome. It is also a very easy install. The Pricetag is a bit over the top, but I would gladly pay it again. You have the choice between 2 1/2 in. round or oval tips. The oval are an additional cost. Not sure how much? If you want to here my car before you buy I will be at the Monroe Speedway tomorrow for the show. Stop on by.
Old 07-30-2005 | 04:47 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I'm going to go with the GMMG myself, just because I really like how Doug's car sounds ($&@#*$@ badass!!), and I like the look.
Old 07-30-2005 | 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I'm going to go with the GMMG myself, just because I really like how Doug's car sounds ($&@#*$@ badass!!), and I like the look.
Doug your car sounded fuggin awesome yesterday.