Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

What a BLAST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a BLAST!!!

Doug, Don B & I went to the car show today in Monroe. OK, our wives were there too. As was Ellis & Steph. The show was good, but I'm telling you, making hot laps around the stock car track was KILLER! I made the 1st 5 laps....I mean 1st car...with the wife in the car. Then people started coming out. I guess they could hear my car or something.

Then Doug came out (with Linda as a passenger....guess she LOVED it). Then others came out. Cobras, V8 Volvos, 56 Chevy wagons, the s/c'd Saleen we all know, the blown sbc Beetle, you name it, it went around the track.

Then Doug & I went out for a pairs run. Man that was a blast. We got pictures of us side-by-side (at a slow pace). Doug got one of his car doing a great burnout. We stopped at the start of the 1/8 mile & smoked the tires down the straight-away & took it thru the turns. It was FUN! You guys missed out....

Car show? Who won? WHO CARES?!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Click Here to see More Pics!

It was a really nice show..there were some neat cars out there...and it was really fun to hang out with everyone and to have the BBQ afterwords was great! Perfect meal after that long hot day

Click Here to see More Pics!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARGHH! I missed the best show that EVER WAS. At least I know someone who was there that I can relive this through. What was the banking like? How fast did they let you go? Pics or vids? I agree with the "what show?" mentality. Ever since I started actually driving the car I cannot get it off my mind. Shows are nice and all but NOT the same for me anymore. That's why I have only done two shows this year and plan for the Snohomish finale in Sept. If only they had a track too.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

I'm absolutely green with envy, I was thinking about you guys down there all damn day haha ! .... I got to re-arrange the house today I did get to leave for about 90 minutes to do some tuning on my car since I got the LC-1 working with my Hptuner. I also managed to have a really fun run with a C5 going toward Bellingham, but I'll tell that story in another thread

You guys ready to try Pacific's road course yet ? It's an unbelievable rush ......
Old 07-31-2005, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Steph, the car in the upper left corner of this pic - the purple/pearl one up against the building - you happen to catch where he was from? Looks an awful lot like the one that sits at the paint & body shop just down and around the corner from mom's house .....

Old 08-01-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NautyAngel
Steph, the car in the upper left corner of this pic - the purple/pearl one up against the building - you happen to catch where he was from? Looks an awful lot like the one that sits at the paint & body shop just down and around the corner from mom's house .....
I didn't ask him where he was from...but he did tell me that it was a stock camaro color..I was surprised by that as you never see cars that color..I forget what color he said it was... He did have a Pacific Northwest Camaro Club decal on his windshield so I assume he was from over here...but I'm not sure...

Here are a couple other shots of that car...It looks black in that Second pic...These pics do not do that car justice! It's really pretty in person...

Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Steph those are some great pictures. I went thru them all and it was nice to see some well done 2nd gens
Old 08-01-2005, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

Man wish I'd made it, unfortunately I don't have the gas to make an extra trip up there in case we do the header swap on wednesday at don's. Can't wait until payday on friday lol might get a lid and bushings.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can always ask pappa Mark for some $$$. He is always willing to help support the team when it comes to events like this. So what headers do you have going on?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ram-it
You can always ask pappa Mark for some $$$. He is always willing to help support the team when it comes to events like this. So what headers do you have going on?
CATransAm and I are swapping exhausts because he's selling the 99 t/a and needs to put the exhaust back to stock to pass cali inspection. so we're putting his SLP LT's on my car and my 99 manifolds and stuff on his car
Old 08-01-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racehead
Steph those are some great pictures. I went thru them all and it was nice to see some well done 2nd gens
Yeah, I got my drivers license in a Second gen..almost exactly like this one below..a '77..It was my Mom's So you can see the family resemblance..I've always loved Camaro's..

Old 08-01-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Junkie

nicee
Old 08-01-2005, 03:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I didn't ask him where he was from...but he did tell me that it was a stock camaro color..I was surprised by that as you never see cars that color..I forget what color he said it was... He did have a Pacific Northwest Camaro Club decal on his windshield so I assume he was from over here...but I'm not sure...
Probably not the same one then ... the one here in town is all set for drag ... cage, bottle, the works. And the paint isnt stock on it either ... it goes from purple to gold via red and orange lol He works at a paint and body shop ... I'll have to show you next time you are in town for a day or two
Old 08-01-2005, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ram-it
ARGHH! I missed the best show that EVER WAS. At least I know someone who was there that I can relive this through. What was the banking like? How fast did they let you go? Pics or vids? I agree with the "what show?" mentality. Ever since I started actually driving the car I cannot get it off my mind. Shows are nice and all but NOT the same for me anymore. That's why I have only done two shows this year and plan for the Snohomish finale in Sept. If only they had a track too.
On my first trip around the track I went pretty slow. Well, for me anyway. I ended up doing around 90-100 in the srtaights & about 60 thru the turns. It was still a rush. Linda later said the car feels like it's going a LOT faster that it looks when you are watching it.

On the 2nd trip when I was chaisng Doug I pushed it a little harder. I was pulling it into 2nd coming out of the turns, and taking it up to 110 or so. This is all by feel & sound. I admit I never looked at the speedo, but it sounded pretty much like it does when I hit the end of the 1/4 mile which is 113mph. And I was going more like 70 thru the turns.

Anyway, by the end of lap 4 I was pushing it pretty hard. Doug had a 1/3 lap lead on me when I entered the track, and I had caught him by then. It's all kind of a haze now, but I think I passed him on the back straight & when I went into the last turn hot I discovered my brakes were hot also. So I now know I can drive if I really need to. My tires were slipping ever so slightly & the brakes weren't doing much at all. That wall looks VERY big! And you road racers will enjoy this....there is a nice little bumpity-bump in the apex of that turn.

I wish one of you guys with training had been there. I would have loved to follow you around the track to see where my line should have been. But it was a HELL of a lot of fun even not knowing what I was doing. I am ready for that class @ Pacific now! And I think Doug is turing his SS into a stock car....

PS None of us won anything, & PSP did not show up. The skull car was there tho!

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 08-01-2005 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Yeah, I got my drivers license in a Second gen..almost exactly like this one below..a '77..It was my Mom's So you can see the family resemblance..I've always loved Camaro's..

My first camaro was a 73 white with white interior.. I sold it for 300.00 about 4 yrs ago Now around town I see them in the paper for 8,000 the shape that baby was in 27,000 oringinal miles with a straight 6. I sold it because the ex wife was hot for it rather than her get it i took the pain of the cheap sale.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like you guys had a great time.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

It was the best time I have had at a show so far. As Mark said, "Trophies" who gives a **** about Trophies when you can drive your car on a real race track. Stock Car, I don't know? My pockets are not deep enough for that. Though I sure wish they were. I am going to order a couple of Pic's that the guy took of Mark and I. As well as the burn-out Pic, the guy took. I checked his Website out and the Pic's are up already. They look pretty cool. Can't wait till next year. I sure hope more people will join us. Thanks to Mark, Linda, Ellis, Steph, Don, And Chris for a great time. It sure was nice to finally see Dons shop for the first time.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

What is that website Doug? I left the card at home....
Old 08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry I missed ya Mark, Took a nap. If you still don't have it. www.davidwike.com
Old 08-01-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I wish I had the Camera and angles that guy did..he did Great!

Here are the ones I got...the car looks awesome going around the track!

Quick Reply: What a BLAST!!!