Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND
View Poll Results: Sponsor the Snohish Car Show?
Yes
43.75%
No
56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Snohomish Car Show - Yes or No

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will still contribute although I am not as excited cause it is not a sponsor pick.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

I may be closer to the "no" side at the moment. Let's just wait until next year when we can be in a class that does not cover 25 years of vehicles and modles in a show that will welcome us.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
I will still contribute although I am not as excited cause it is not a sponsor pick.
Maybe not Steve, though it would be a good measure of what the general public thinks. When you get into general demographics we are the minority - so what does your average 40 something with three kids, a boring job, SUV's for a daily driver and no time for hobbies think? Its a good measure for what to target next year - what kind of shows do a modern muscle car class get the most draw? Public or Sponsor voted? Todd got a pretty good bead on that one to a degree, I would like to hear what his input would be as an overall.

In general I'm thinking this is a good introduction into the field of modern muscle class. People may only see this as the last one big show of the year and take it with them until next spring...no doubt they vote for the same cars because they show up consistently. Give them something different to think about.

Sometimes you have to take that measured risk to get your EV.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER

If we do go, I propose we agree to ALL vote for 1 persons car (NOT mine) and try to win 1 of the trophies. This is about getting us into the clic after all. So we'd need to decide who that person is IF we go. Which means we'll need to know who is going.
Hell yeah, thats what I am talking about. Now whats it going to take to get you guys to help me push my car there so you can all vote for it . I just wont open the hood. Pushing it there shouldnt be to hard. Just let it coast down Seattle hill road and it should have enough momentum to make it to a parking stall. Getting it home on the other hand.......

Just one questions, is this a "anyone votes show" or a "participant vote" show?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

What happened if somehow the show committee finds out that you guys had planned on making sure one car would win the class by loading the ballots? Unlikely, but it could happen. This is a public forum.
I can make threads completely dissappear. Just dont walk around the show saying "HEY GUYS, WHO'S BOX ARE WE STUFFING!?"

OK, here is how I see it. Keep in mind this is coming from an "outsiders" point of view.

Loading a box isnt the "right" thing to do. But until one of your cars actually brings home the hardware, I personally dont think our year of cars will be appreciated. We have some the single most well taken care of cars that go to that show. To be totally honest with you, most of the rigs that go there are **** boxes. Another thing I have noticed is that at almost every one of these shows your cars are not in the "high traffic" areas. Less people are seeing them. Try getting space down next to the awards tent or whatever it is.

Another thing is: TALK TO EVERYONE. If someone walks by the car and starts looking at it, talk to them, answer questions. In the very few cases I have actually gone to car shows w/ my car and have had to vote, I talk to people. I know its brought me at least a couple of votes at some shows. I want to know what they have done to get the car where its at. That is what draws my vote. Thats why every show I voted for Todd that I was in. Why, because the guy busted his ***** getting the car in the condition it was in with his own hands. When I hear that someone did a "mail order hot rod".....**** 'em. Long story short, talk to people instead of sitting back and booshitting w/ the guys.

Stuffing may not be the way to go and the win might not be as sweet, but it will open a door to a 90's+ modern muscle class.

Like mentioned earlier, even if there is another sweet saleen or something, make a collective vote. All of you vote for that car. Have a meet time and everyone throw out the cars that are in the 90s+ and come to a decision as to which one gets everyone vote.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
I can make threads completely dissappear. Just dont walk around the show saying "HEY GUYS, WHO'S BOX ARE WE STUFFING!?"
I like this devious side of you.....
Old 08-11-2005, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Hell yeah, thats what I am talking about. Now whats it going to take to get you guys to help me push my car there so you can all vote for it . I just wont open the hood. Pushing it there shouldnt be to hard. Just let it coast down Seattle hill road and it should have enough momentum to make it to a parking stall. Getting it home on the other hand.......

Just one questions, is this a "anyone votes show" or a "participant vote" show?
Well they DO have an "Under Construction" class.

And this is a participants vote show.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Another thing is: TALK TO EVERYONE. If someone walks by the car and starts looking at it, talk to them, answer questions. In the very few cases I have actually gone to car shows w/ my car and have had to vote, I talk to people. I know its brought me at least a couple of votes at some shows. I want to know what they have done to get the car where its at. That is what draws my vote. Thats why every show I voted for Todd that I was in. Why, because the guy busted his ***** getting the car in the condition it was in with his own hands. When I hear that someone did a "mail order hot rod".....**** 'em. Long story short, talk to people instead of sitting back and booshitting w/ the guys.

Stuffing may not be the way to go and the win might not be as sweet, but it will open a door to a 90's+ modern muscle class.

Like mentioned earlier, even if there is another sweet saleen or something, make a collective vote. All of you vote for that car. Have a meet time and everyone throw out the cars that are in the 90s+ and come to a decision as to which one gets everyone vote.
There you go and point I was trying to make. If we don't show they don't know.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, here is how I see it. Keep in mind this is coming from an "outsiders" point of view.

Loading a box isnt the "right" thing to do. But until one of your cars actually brings home the hardware, I personally dont think our year of cars will be appreciated. We have some the single most well taken care of cars that go to that show. To be totally honest with you, most of the rigs that go there are **** boxes. Another thing I have noticed is that at almost every one of these shows your cars are not in the "high traffic" areas. Less people are seeing them. Try getting space down next to the awards tent or whatever it is.

Stuffing the Ballot Boxes would be VERY WRONG and NW F-body or Speed Secrets will not have Any part in that! Talk about getting yourself a BAD reputation... I can't believe our Moderator is even suggesting it...

If your going to go to a Show, then play fair and vote for the cars you think deserve it. You guys are just asking for trouble Stuffing Boxes..

If you really want to add a 90's and up Class then I say lets plan it out and do it next year. That way we can have everything ready by showtime. It will be on their flyers, and things will be ready for the trophy to be made...They probably already printed out the Ballots without the 90's & up class...

We need to do this the right way...not the PSP way...
Old 08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Stuffing the Ballot Boxes would be VERY WRONG and NW F-body or Speed Secrets will not have Any part in that! Talk about getting yourself a BAD reputation... I can't believe our Moderator is even suggesting it...

If your going to go to a Show, then play fair and vote for the cars you think deserve it. You guys are just asking for trouble Stuffing Boxes..
Its not stuffing if its a collective agreement on a certain car. ESPECIALLY if its not one of our cars. The group decides that thier votes represent the thoughts of the entire group. ALA "team".

And as for me suggesting it....I am not a perveyor of what is right,wrong or indifferent. I just enforce the rules of this site, thats it. Not how car shows should be voted. So if the group of you finds a late model mustang to dump all your votes into, so be it. At least you will be voting for a car and not a freaking doll show.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its not stuffing if its a collective agreement on a certain car. ESPECIALLY if its not one of our cars. The group decides that thier votes represent the thoughts of the entire group. ALA "team".

And as for me suggesting it....I am not a perveyor of what is right,wrong or indifferent. I just enforce the rules of this site, thats it. Not how car shows should be voted. So if the group of you finds a late model mustang to dump all your votes into, so be it. At least you will be voting for a car and not a freaking doll show.
Thoughts of the entire group? What happened to people thinking for themselves? If Bob wants to vote for Jane's car because he felt it was the best car there, let him do that. Participant judged shows should never be voted for by the entire "team". Let the indivduals vote for what the like best.
I know my stance has made me unpopular here, but in the end, trying to make a statement at one car show is not going to change the collective minds of people that don't have that type of appreciation for newer cars. And doing it at a show that clearly only wants the money and not the cars is just silly! And, suggesting loading the ballots in favor of one car to prove a point is unfair and dishonest, no matter how you may try to jusify it.
Fact is, there will be shows like this. They may or may not change their minds about the judging next year, but for now, this is how they feel. So, why even bother with it? There are other shows out there that do like the later model musclecars and embrace them... those are the shows that should be embraced by all of us, not shows that don't really want us there.
I'm the new guy here and I have probably made the most fuss about this. Hate me, ban me, ignore me, whatever. I can say this... I have done many a car show over the last three years and I can honestly say I didn't do anything but play fair at them. May have cost me some wins, but at least I can hold my head up and say I didn't beg, borrow, cheat, or steal to win. So, when I see it being discussed, even under the best intentions, it hits me at the core of my beliefs on the conduct that should go on at car shows.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Mr Pongo,

Your opinion had not made you unpopular here, We thought this was a sponsors pick show, so why not become sponsors and pick a winner. Well it is not a sponsor pick show, and it's to late to get a 90 muscle car on the ballot. The question is do we still become a sponsor?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

I think sposnsorship is the remaining question.

And it was I that floated many of the possibilites to discuss here, from a variety of angles. Under the rules of engagement, no idea is stupid, or wrong. And since this effort WILL represent all of us, even tho a few are footing the bill, I wanted to see how the group, team, whatever felt about it. If any of this irritated anyone, that is unfortunate.

I do however thinking calling us voting as one on the car of our collective choice stuffing that ballot box is a little unfair. It is after all how many of the other groups operate. Would it get that car a trophy? Maybe. With 600 cars there it certainly isn't a cinch. What it would do is show the people counting the ballots (also known as the people running the show) that there IS interest in the newer cars.

My goal thru all of this is to get our cars recognition. I don't know about you, but I am sick when I see a dirty POS duece and a 1/4 with the hood closed beat Todds car in a show! PLEASE! That only happens when groups vote as one. So now we know how they play the game.

I'm just trying to level the playing field for us. Your opinions of how to accomplish that are ALL welcome! I would ask (since I called this meeting) that we spend more time suggesting what we can do like Steph did, and less time shooting down other ideas.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I think sposnsorship is the remaining question.

And it was I that floated many of the possibilites to discuss here, from a variety of angles. Under the rules of engagement, no idea is stupid, or wrong. And since this effort WILL represent all of us, even tho a few are footing the bill, I wanted to see how the group, team, whatever felt about it. If any of this irritated anyone, that is unfortunate.

I do however thinking calling us voting as one on the car of our collective choice stuffing that ballot box is a little unfair. It is after all how many of the other groups operate. Would it get that car a trophy? Maybe. With 600 cars there it certainly isn't a cinch. What it would do is show the people counting the ballots (also known as the people running the show) that there IS interest in the newer cars.

My goal thru all of this is to get our cars recognition. I don't know about you, but I am sick when I see a dirty POS duece and a 1/4 with the hood closed beat Todds car in a show! PLEASE! That only happens when groups vote as one. So now we know how they play the game.

I'm just trying to level the playing field for us. Your opinions of how to accomplish that are ALL welcome! I would ask (since I called this meeting) that we spend more time suggesting what we can do like Steph did, and less time shooting down other ideas.
It is your guy's money, do with it as you wish. I am sorry that I caused a lot of comotion about it and I won't say another word about this.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:20 AM
12 Second Club

Mr Pongo you have not caused any comotion. The thread was started as a discussion, to gather ideas and discuss the merits of becoming a sponsor of this show. You have a strong and valid opinion. The forum would not be much fun if we just sat around and sang kumbyyah.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exactly! Voice your opinion, and make suggestions....
Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Mr Pongo you have not caused any comotion. The thread was started as a discussion, to gather ideas and discuss the merits of becoming a sponsor of this show. You have a strong and valid opinion. The forum would not be much fun if we just sat around and sang kumbyyah.
Not my place to anything more. Not my money and I am not planning on doing the show. I have said what I had to say about my feelings on it and not it is up to those who are going to do the show what they want to do. Good luck with it.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:10 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say make a showing this year... make a case for the award... then sponsor NEXT year.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I'd say make a showing this year... make a case for the award... then sponsor NEXT year.
Good idea...everyone can still run in the 80's and up class..and if there was a big showing of 90's and up cars, that would open a few eyes....

Quick Reply: Snohomish Car Show - Yes or No