Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Where there's smoke...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005 | 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

Default Where there's smoke...

...there's a Firehawk!

Picked up my new Nittos today from Discount Tire in Federal Way, and owner was pretty cool. Told me there was some guy in there a few weeks ago with a red Firebird with Firehawk stickers stuck all over the Pontiac emblems. Amusing I guess.

I was asking about the heat cycling for drag radials, and while DT themselves recommended it, I wasn't really given the option (supposed to hit a high temperature, maintain it for a short period, then cool them off over 24 hours with no pressure -- unmounted)... so I asked him for alternatives...

So anyway, 5 minutes later I'm in the parking lot, bring the revs up and dump it heel-toe style. Within a few seconds, 4-5 of the guys working come running around the side to watch, egging me on for a good 40-45 seconds (gotta HEAT those things up!). I completely lost vision and gently rolled out of it with the guys yelling and clapping as I left the parking lot. Great group of guys!

A nice cloud drifted over Pacific Avenue and I pull a car behind and left of a Mustang GT whose driver hung out the window turned around and just stared with a big *** goofy grin. Revved a few times and tore out (unfortunately I was making a U-turn) and I found that grin contagious.

Anyhoo, if you experieced momentary blurry vision and a slight nasea from the smell of burnt rubber dirving along in Federal Way today, my sincerest apologies
Old 08-12-2005 | 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

WooHoo! Sounds awesome. See you tommorrow!
Old 08-12-2005 | 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Ahhh, I love the smell of burning rubber!
Old 08-12-2005 | 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

SWEET!!! Were there any cops around? Rick
Old 08-12-2005 | 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

No cops, but not really relevant since I had the manager's explicit permission

He did call me after personally examining the pile of rubber left to see if he should go ahead and put two new ones on order

Quick Reply: Where there's smoke...