Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Wow, what a difference...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 10:32 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up Wow, what a difference...

Man, I am really impressed with how much better my Formula feels now that it's all together with good parts. I ended up putting about 250 miles on it yesterday, first time it's been driven in 2 months because of that stupid shock issue.

I think at this point I'm convinced that racing the car with the bad shock is what broke the torque arm. I can totally feel a difference between how the suspension travels from before I replaced that shock. I have another stock torque arm in there now, and it feels tight as hell.

I think one thing that also helped out is that I installed a thin metal bushing into the lower shock mount that makes the bolts fit a lot more snugly, and now there's less play down there.

Suspension feels GREAT now.. I'm really happy with it... it handles amazingly, and yet the ride is still smooth and very comfortable.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear it Zeke. It was a long time coming Sounds like the car is progressing how you hoped it would. How's it feel to go fast again ?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:37 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Racehead
Glad to hear it Zeke. It was a long time coming Sounds like the car is progressing how you hoped it would. How's it feel to go fast again ?
Ya know, it's like getting a whole new car. LOL

You never really appreciate how fast these cars are just in stock trim until you don't drive one for a couple months and then get back behind the wheel of one again. The first pass down the track yesterday I was thinking "Holy ****, is this car really THIS FAST??!?!" And it was just a 13.392 @ 104 mph. I was thinking it was freakishly fast for my car... when really it was just normal.

I need to make this car fast now, though.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you..... what parts have you changed? After I installed Koni shocks my car felt completely different.

I will have to get relo brackets now....
Old 08-21-2005, 09:07 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by WS6freak
I hear you..... what parts have you changed? After I installed Koni shocks my car felt completely different.

I will have to get relo brackets now....

I did all at once: Eibach Pro kit, QA1 HALs, BMR relocation brackets, BMR front and rear sway bars, poly bushings throughout...

So I went from the original factory suspension with 82,000 miles on it (shocks were TOAST)... to what I have now. It seriously was a night and day upgrade..
Old 08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!!!!! Isn't that a great feeling when you attack the curves for the fist time with all the new stuff installed?.... Do you have SFCs? It helps too. I installed them not too long ago and I'm still smiling everytime I go over bumps and irregular manhole lids on the road. The car doesn't even feel it.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Nice!!!!!! Isn't that a great feeling when you attack the curves for the fist time with all the new stuff installed?.... Do you have SFCs? It helps too. I installed them not too long ago and I'm still smiling everytime I go over bumps and irregular manhole lids on the road. The car doesn't even feel it.
No SFCs yet, but they're in the next round of mods... I want to make it a little faster, first, though. I'm tired of running 13's, I've been running 13's or slower since 1998.

Quick Reply: Wow, what a difference...