Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Tonights results?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must just suck at ET racing. Last year ran a normal .021-.050 reaction time and dialed in pretty good. Only red lit at most 2 times. Then comes this year...Add drag radials, stall and Lt's and red lit about 20 times. Can't seem to get it down like before. On T&T days traction is so bad I can't even practice launches(at least it is at Bremerton). Only reason I made it to round 2 last night was I ran a 12.82 on a 12.90 dial, but the guy in the Cobra ran a 13.5 on a 14.0 dial. I may have to throw in the ET drags towel and just go out for new times and to shows.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

That is part of racing. I usually cut .02 to .07 lights, like I was in time trials Friday nite. Of course in elims I cut > .1 in every race. It was only luck I made it to round 3. (1st rd red-lit, 2nd rd missed a gear) Do you stage EXACTLY the same way EVERY race?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

There must be something about my car I do not know about because traction is NEVER an issue for me. Weird....

I am sorry you red light, Just takes seat time with your new setups and maybe you need to change your strategy at the light. Because your car now reacts faster you need to leave a little later maybe 1/4 sec AFTER the third yellow

Try counting the light. 1...2...thr GO
Old 08-27-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Sue was angry eh? It wasn't that they pulled a ringer up against her. It was only me. But they screwed up. The heavy set guy had waved Racehead (Bill) & some other car up to stage, and then stood in front of Bills car. Then they got ALL screwed up. Next thing I know I'm staged next to Don. FRACK! Then at the last moment they realized they messed up, so they pointed me up in front of 2 cars & had Bill back up & had one guy pull over & .....well, you get the idea.
That was a royal cluster f**k wasn't it ? I didn't know if I was coming, going, or none of the above I changed lanes twice, was backed up once and pulled ahead of somebody once. I think they must have been smoking big 'ole doobies behind the tower before that go around lol !
Old 08-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Dude... you should come out to the Buick/Olds/Pontiac meet on October 1st and race with me. In fact, all the Pontiac guys that like to race should come out.
I'll be there.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by esoteric
Sue was angry about being made to wait for a pairing the handler's clearly wanted to make. As she put it, they brought someone up from several cars back to race her. I don't know what to make of that. For the first round, I thought they were trying to pair fast and slow cars as much as possible i.e. I raced RC's Durango.

Bremerton will offer some bracket racing at least but it may be just cash bash.

My car has cut-outs, but I don't open them for CCC. They need to be open to get full potential from the motor, but it has run 11's with them closed.
I'd of been hot too. No doubt about that. I had to turn off my laptop and unplug it. I was logging runs to get a tune down and yellow tri 5 saw it and made a stink.

cash bash is what? 50 bucks and you can pay once to get back in after being put out? sounds good to me.

Last edited by Rokko; 08-29-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racehead
That was a royal cluster f**k wasn't it ? I didn't know if I was coming, going, or none of the above I changed lanes twice, was backed up once and pulled ahead of somebody once. I think they must have been smoking big 'ole doobies behind the tower before that go around lol !
I missed all of that. Pacific is a treat isn't it!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:28 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by strobelite
Some Guy in a bald mustang called over Don the inspector and had him pair himself against me. A lot of bad ju ju was going on.

None the less I guess it was a bad idea for him, since i beat him
Yeah, I saw that... I was trying to figure out WTF he was trying to do.

Hell, I wanna pick who I run, too.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rokko
I'd of been hot too. No doubt about that. I had to turn off my laptop and unplug it. I was logging runs to get a tune down and WhineyHacker saw it and made a stink. Guess my 13 second car scared his low 11 second whiney ***. I was a bit hot and not focusing and slept at the line with a .100 r/t. that lost me the race. oh well, still a great night.

cash bash is what? 50 bucks and you can pay once to get back in after being put out? sounds good to me.
$10. to enter and the winner gets most of it. The handlers just do it as a courtesy. Once in awhile they'll have a buy-back-in option.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rotwiler
I must just suck at ET racing. Last year ran a normal .021-.050 reaction time and dialed in pretty good. Only red lit at most 2 times. Then comes this year...Add drag radials, stall and Lt's and red lit about 20 times. Can't seem to get it down like before. On T&T days traction is so bad I can't even practice launches(at least it is at Bremerton). Only reason I made it to round 2 last night was I ran a 12.82 on a 12.90 dial, but the guy in the Cobra ran a 13.5 on a 14.0 dial. I may have to throw in the ET drags towel and just go out for new times and to shows.
I think the input, Wahusker and Jake gave is right on. It's the same reason I didn't want to race in the CCC this year. I was making so many changes so often,that there was no way I could be consistant. My clutch change was a big one, and next year jumping to ET Streets will cause a new learning curve also. It's parta the game though, I guess.
Robert
Old 08-27-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Racehead
I missed all this since I was at the front of the line. We'll have to ask Bill what was going on. Maybe he knows. I suspect RC does not know since he was racing me.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:38 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to turn off my laptop and unplug it. I was logging runs to get a tune down and WhineyHacker saw it and made a stink. Guess my 13 second car scared his low 11 second whiney ***.
I dunno if I'm mistaken, but I think a laptop qualifies as electronics, and the CCC is a non-electronics class.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

You are making a contribution to your team just by signing up. I think performance really ebbs and flows for most of us. I suppose with greater experience, consistency can be obtained. I hope so anyway, because I haven't found it.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
You are making a contribution to your team just by signing up. I think performance really ebbs and flows for most of us. I suppose with greater experience, consistency can be obtained. I hope so anyway, because I haven't found it.
Showing up consistently counts.
So is consistently insane
Old 08-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I dunno if I'm mistaken, but I think a laptop qualifies as electronics, and the CCC is a non-electronics class.
oh you're mistake all right.

yeah, didn't know the rules, it was really my bad. but all I was doing was logging runs. Oh well, rules are rules. Made to be broken.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

No, dont hang it up. Just learn a new routine. Once I'm staged all I do is focus on light 2, once that baby is full on I go. That's the plan anyway. Wether or not it works is anybodys guess.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd of been hot too. No doubt about that. I had to turn off my laptop and unplug it. I was logging runs to get a tune down and WhineyHacker saw it and made a stink. Guess my 13 second car scared his low 11 second whiney ***. I was a bit hot and not focusing and slept at the line with a .100 r/t. that lost me the race. oh well, still a great night.

Rick you are just lucky you did not get a One year ban from all NHRA track's, IT is illegal to log runs durring competion. This is an NHRA rule we adopted

In real life you were OK because you could not make flying changes but NHRA does not differencate(SP) at this time ALSO the fact it could be used as a timer is involved...

ON THE other hand He should have removed ALL of his electronics from the car to make his runs also. Turning them off is not acceptable to me His Delay box and throttle stop should have been removed to race CCCA IMHO

I SAY rule change next meeting
Old 08-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Rick you are just lucky you did not get a One year ban from all NHRA track's, IT is illegal to log runs durring competion. This is an NHRA rule we adopted

In real life you were OK because you could not make flying changes but NHRA does not differencate(SP) at this time ALSO the fact it could be used as a timer is involved...

ON THE other hand He should have removed ALL of his electronics from the car to make his runs also. Turning them off is not acceptable to me His Delay box and throttle stop should have been removed to race CCCA IMHO

I agree, and knowing that, believe me, I'll be going over his car with a fine toothed comb if we line up against each other again. And I will know the rules to the letter.

Last edited by Rokko; 08-29-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I got the Laptop hassle from Russel. He said it was in the NHRA rules. I said what, this is the future at hand. His reply was, it's a safety thing, you might hit your head on it? I offered to shut the lid and he let me go.
Robert
Old 08-28-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

I would support that. I didn't know he had all that equipment on his yellow car. He should be using the El Camino for CCC.

Quick Reply: Tonights results?