Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Sorry I havent been around

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005 | 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Sorry I havent been around

Finnally got everything moved over to the new house. what a freaking project. THANK YOU to everyone that made it over to help out!

I have had zero internet service since we made the move over so I havent been able to check anything. since its a brand new sub division, Verizon hasnt bothered to get in and hook anything up over there. Oh well, to bad for them, Comcast will be getting a call.

I have about 30 pm's in my box right now and I am guessing alot of them are Top 10 updates. Please be patient while I respond to them and make the updates. Now that I am back to work I will be able to check the site daily again.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2005 | 12:16 PM
Pathological Modifier

No problem man, We have been keeping up with things. Glad your move is going well. How's the new place? Any Pics?

Ryan
Old 09-06-2005 | 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

No pics yet. Going to wait until all of the boxes are unpacked so the place doesnt look like a dump.

We love the new house, more than double our sq. ft. and I have a 3 car garage now w/ plenty of space for a new air compressor . But being in a new subdivision has its drawbacks. EVERYTHING you want to do to the house externally has to go through a ******* architecheral (sp) commitee, and they have 30 days to approve/disapprove your request. SOOOOOO, it could take as long as 30 days before I get my shed O.K.'ed in the back yard. Till then the mower and all lawn gear and the season **** stays in the garage.

So far the neighbors are pretty cool, the ones that seak english anyways. They have seen the car and the couple I have talked with are OK with hot rods so I should have any trouble with them and the car once its running again. One of the has an '03 vert cobra that put 450 to the tires. He refered to the car as "automotive sex" so I should have any trouble with him.

On a good note, I finally got my big screen. "52 LCOS (liquid crystal on sylicon), HDMI, fire wire, PC inputs, component inputs blah blah blah. LOVE IT! And with moving in we got a free 10 day cable subscription, so its been glued on the speed channel
Old 09-06-2005 | 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Great, don't you just love that HD picture. I was an early adopter and paid big $$ for my set-up. Do you have your dolby digital all hooked up? Mine sounds killer, another area that big $$ was spent, but worth it. Three car garage, lucky guy. Yea, that moving stuff takes a while to get settled in.
Robert
Old 09-06-2005 | 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont have the surround sound yet. I will be picking that up in the next couple of days. I am going with the Dolby 6.1.

The picture is unbeleavable on this thing. 60% brighter than regular LCD and has 2 x's the amount of pixels per sq. inch than LCD. Running the DVD player through the good component cables is awesome. The other thing that blew me away is the XBOX. Crank the settings on it to accept the 1080i resolution and then using the HD component cables on it....WOW! Forza is lifelike and Halo 2 is like a wet dream. The clarity and sharpness blows me away.
Old 09-06-2005 | 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I propose a Burnout Contest at Boyce's house!

Congrats Boyce, It sounds like a nice place, but it's too bad that you have all the restrictions...I couldn't live in a place like that... I like to mow my lawn when I want or paint my house the colors I want...Or like you said, build a shed for my lawn stuff... I don't know how people can live that way
Old 09-07-2005 | 12:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
I dont have the surround sound yet. I will be picking that up in the next couple of days. I am going with the Dolby 6.1.

The picture is unbeleavable on this thing. 60% brighter than regular LCD and has 2 x's the amount of pixels per sq. inch than LCD. Running the DVD player through the good component cables is awesome. The other thing that blew me away is the XBOX. Crank the settings on it to accept the 1080i resolution and then using the HD component cables on it....WOW! Forza is lifelike and Halo 2 is like a wet dream. The clarity and sharpness blows me away.
Now you are gonna make me wanna get a new tv for my Xbox.

Damn you people and your spending money........BTW congrats Boyce.
Old 09-07-2005 | 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Yep, nice house Boyce. Congrats!!! Well, except for the Judd & Black guy buried in the back yard.
Old 09-07-2005 | 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats!

We're just starting the process of building a new house. Luckily for me I don't have all of those rules to contend with, so I will hopefully end up with a 1200 sq ft shop along with the 800 sq ft 3 car garage

It will probably be about a year before we move in, maybe even more. We should close on the land next week. (2.5 acres)
Old 09-09-2005 | 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Good to hear you are finally moved in. Now you can have some time to donate to getting the SS moving under its own power and show that cobra guy what a real american muscle car sounds like.