Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rude awakening

Went to the car show at Long Beach on Saturday. Got the car parked and
all set up and went to register.
Gal says, "that'll be 50 bucks please".

Me, " beg yer pardon".

She, "It's 50 dollars please".

Me, "Let me understand......you're charging admission to spectators and then
50 bucks for the people who bring the cars here so the spectators have something to look at"?

She, "Well, we do provide hot dogs both days".

Me, "Must be one hellava hot dog".
"Listen, please just disgard my application and I'll move on. I brought
my own food and, frankly, didn't bring that much money".
"Thanks anyway".

I packed up and went home. Ten minutes after I parked the car in the shop,
the thunder rolled and lightning flashed and we had the biggest downpour since Noah.
Also, had hail as big as marbles. Wonder what that would have done to my
paint.
Perhaps somebody's looking out for me.......

Dogtag

Moral of the Story......

Ask how much is registration the next time I go to a show....
Old 09-11-2005, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Good looking out!
Old 09-11-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

$50?! I would have left too...and I agree with Jake..god was lookin out for you!
Old 09-11-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank god it was only that .... after reading the thread title I thought maybe you fell asleep at the car show and a dog pee'd on you or something j/k lol ! I mean ... umm ... I'm sorry
Old 09-11-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it seems really like you didnt read things. http://www.beachbarons.com/page9.html states straight out that its $40 before Aug 1st & $50 after Aug 1st. for a car & two adults, & $12 for each person over the age of 6. I am sure if you just wanted to park your car somewhere on the street & not show it you could have found a place for under $20 for parking.

This is a big show & they can pick & choice their cars.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dan & I were going to go to this show with the buick but as the time started to come close to the show Date We knew that he was going to be gone again.

I ended up going to CHP for their Open house & had a blast even in the rain.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Well, you're right. I didn't read that posting on their web site. It was my fault.
I drove all the way down there without checking first. I didn't even have a clue who was sponsering the event.
But, then, this is my first year showing cars and, as you helpfully pointed out,
I have alot to learn, don't I!
Old 09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dogtag
Well, you're right. I didn't read that posting on their web site. It was my fault.
I drove all the way down there without checking first. I didn't even have a clue who was sponsering the event.
But, then, this is my first year showing cars and, as you helpfully pointed out,
Yeah, like taking a can of Pet Away to keep dawgs from peeing on your water bottles

I wouldn't think any show would warrant that much if the entire state doesn't know about it, would catch me by surprise as well.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$50.00 is WAY too much money, even for that show. I guess that they seem to do very well each year with it, but for that price, I wouldn't do it, even if I had a pre-1972 car. Bunch of crap!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dogtag
Sorry after always hearing about people showing up to shows that their car is not welcomed at because of it being Not the right year or not made in one location or is not one type of brand. its hard not to be hard on people who say this kind of comments. Kind of knee jerk reaction on my part & I am sorry for it.

The End of the World Rod run is one of the largest car shows in Washington state. They normally run about 1000 cars or more & one of the last large shows of the season. It is strictly for pre 1973 cars or special intrest cars. They normally do not allow cars younger than 1974. Unless its like a friend of ours 00 Silverado pick up with Flames by Lavallie on them, or the last Camaro ever made that kind of stuff.

Shows I suggest for next year for people new to the sport of car showing are small local shows, several clubs out here do dealership shows. I know we do at least 4 to 5 Small Camaro shows every year then we do our larger All Camaro & Chevy show as well. Stanwood, anything at Triple XXX & the Hot Rod Sunday show Fathers day weekend. these shows are always good to just meet people & hang out with fellow car people. Shows that want only the classic cars, their owners tend to be kinda snopish. plus going to the smaller shows tend to be less harsh on your pocket book lol
Old 09-13-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
$50.00 is WAY too much money, even for that show. I guess that they seem to do very well each year with it, but for that price, I wouldn't do it, even if I had a pre-1972 car. Bunch of crap!
Mike most of the guys that go to that show along with the concorses De Elegance shows have money to spend & the cars that are worth more than most of us make in our life times. Those that dont have the money or the cars that should be in those type of shows just go to drool over them.

I go to one show a year that is pre 72 & it cost right about $125 to just to get in. But they do week long cruises & car shows. That doesnt count the 400-1000s that you spend on hotel rooms for the week or so you are down there. & that show is HOT AUGUST Nights THE largest car show in the US.

Quick Reply: Rude awakening