Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Almost died last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,
Glad your okay. Had a similar experience coming down Stevens Pass in a motorhome. Called it in to 911. They said they would look for him farther down the pass. As was going by the Dutch Cup in Sultan he was being greeted by 2 State Patrols. I smiled...

Every once in a while they do show up.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
IT AMAZES ME HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE STOIRES LIKE THIS. GET HAMMERD, GET NAILED MY FRIGGIN ***!!!

I seriously thought about running this woman off the road after she almost hit her 3rd car head-on. I was in my truck so....but I figured I'd be the one going to jail over that. I guess if it saved a life it would be worth it. I'm certainly glad I didn't see her hit anyone. I doubt I'd have been very friendly to the locals when they FINALLY got there!
Next time this comes up, just give the proper play by play to the 911 operator to narrate how she just ran into you and now you're both in the ditch. Nothin like the 911 tape to use should you end up in court.

Had something like this happen once in Seattle as well. On the high sweeping left hand ramp from I-5 southbound to I-90 East. Two guys in a pickup truck passed me on the left shoulder going at least 90, had difficulty negotiating the curve and hit the barrier broadside hard enough to lift all four tires off the road (granted this is about 7 stories off the ground so going over would have made a real mess down below), somehow managed to keep the truck going and headed across the floating bridge narrowly missing many cars. My wife was with me at the time, so she called 911 and I tried my best to keep up with them to give the police a better location. After we went through Bellevue, the 911 operator told my wife to have me back off because if the police did arrive, they would probably nail me for excessive speed. So much for the good samaritan.

Never did see any police cruisers, or a smouldering heap of metal. Guess some people are just born lucky.

Last edited by burbman; 09-13-2005 at 04:41 PM.