Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Updated the NW F-Body Member page

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steph. I see you used my web page. It is a little out dated. One note for change under the 95 Future: Roll cage ..... it is now installed.

BTW - looks good.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Steph, try clearing out your browser cache and see if those pages still display the right info for you. It seems stupid I know, but you would be surprised what ends up appearing. Technically it keeps the wait time down by keeping the images in cache, but practically it will sometimes display what is in the cache even if what is on the server has changed.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Just a suggestion, and probably very few people will notice this, however, on a screen w/ a large resolution (I run 1900x1200) the member pages are centered, when I think you want them justified Left, or leftish. It is hard to read the white text when it is over the checkered flag pattern. I can send you a screen shot if you want.

Looks great outside of that minor quirk
Old 10-06-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Amorget
I run 1900x1200
You are the one percent that web designers hate to design for. And with that kind of resolution you must be using a 72" screen .
Old 10-06-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a suggestion, and probably very few people will notice this, however, on a screen w/ a large resolution (I run 1900x1200) the member pages are centered, when I think you want them justified Left, or leftish. It is hard to read the white text when it is over the checkered flag pattern. I can send you a screen shot if you want.

I'm with Howard, what size screen are you using? I was trying to center them, but I'm no pro by a long shot..do send me a screen shot, I'd like to see...

I checked the main member page on 3 different computers now, and they look ok to me...is Dougs car still showing up in Pongo's space to anyone? I've never seen it there on my computer or any of the other 2 here and I reset the image so it is the no pic image...hmmm...
Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

I had the same problem when I checked it out on my widescreen laptop.

I concur, it looks awesome Steph!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by howierd42
You are the one percent that web designers hate to design for. And with that kind of resolution you must be using a 72" screen .
My screensize is 15.4", wide format WUXGA. 1920x1200 is what I run my laptop on. DVD's look freaking amazing on it.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

When I look under properties on both their names it shows Dougs info, they have very simular last names. Someone else chime in to verify it

Last edited by rotwiler; 10-06-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rotwiler
When I look under properties on both their names it shows Dougs info, they have very simular last names. Someone else chime in to verify it
Ohhh...dang..I've been trying to figure out why you keep seeing dougs picture under Mike's name! that's change is simple...done...
Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I agree Bobby, that's why I posted it up, so everyone would get to see it. I told him that he needs to bring it out to the Shows around here, people would love it. I'm not sure though if it is here or in Montana where he is from..he is stationed here in Bremerton..I'm not even sure if he is a Member of this site, I'll have to email him and ask
"GrnDragon" is a member and is in B-town. He tried to make a a race this summer when everyone headed over but we missed the connection. That is not only good looking but I think he is trying to get it to move down the track in the 10's, haven't talked to him in awhile but you might want to watch for him in spring

Steph,
John changed his name here to "Girhead" just before he left for Louisiana. We haven't had much time for anything outside wrapping up stuff round here - I'll email you the mod list on the T/A.
(where did you get that pict? we don't have that one! lol)
Old 10-09-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by howierd42
LOL, no kidding, there are a lot of sites that look like total crap on my laptop. It is a WUXGA screen, 17" widescreen, 1900x1200 I love it for programming and web design.

Attached are what the site looks like on my screen, both the main page and the member pages. Both are resized 50% so they fit on most screens
Attached Thumbnails Updated the NW F-Body Member page-mainpage.jpg   Updated the NW F-Body Member page-member.jpg  
Old 10-09-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

May I suggest a fixed width table, that way the bg won't repeat and everything is contained within.

That also eliminates issues with the site looking different, in some respects, on different resolutions.

At least ... I'm using a lot of tables on the new Ford site to hold the BG from tiling, and it's good practice to be familar with tables overall ...
Old 10-09-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, that is how I normally do a page. A nice table 1000pixels wide.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Very nice page Steph.......Good work. I like it alot!!!

Am I eligable to be a member? What do you need from me?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Vette

Been wondering when you were going to join? Requirements to join are pretty simple, just let Steph know like you did. Then give car info and pics. She'll tell the hows/whens/where. Three C5 vettes with you, now we can get Chris Stewart, Mark M, long daddy and RollinBlack to join, all Z06's too.
Robert
Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Vette

For sure you are eligable to be a member, send Steph a email with a couple pictures of your car, any mods you have done and best times etc..
Old 10-10-2005, 05:57 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys......

Steph, my mods are: LS6 intake manifold, Airbridge, vortex ram air intake, port and polished LS1 heads with valve job and titanium valve springs milled for 62.5cc to get 10.8:1CR, 228/228 comp. cam with .571 lift & 112lobe sep, SLP high flow oil pump, LG pro longtube headers w/ no cats, B&B cat back exaust, Hurst short throw shifter, Mcleod twin disc clutch with adjustable master cylinder, Carbon fiber driveshaft, DTS stage III rear differential with 3:90 gears, and 315/35/17 BFG drag radials on 17x11 ZR1 wheels......... whew, and with all that minus gears and headers all I could muster was a 12.697 at 113mph with 2.1 60ft. Kinda makes you sick. (should be in the 11's next time she runs)

next mod is 150 dryshot

Give me your e-mail address and I'll send you some photo's.

Oh, I almost forgot..........my full name is Jon Carlson
Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got your info Jon, just e-mail me your pics at lilscout2u@comcast.net

I will be working on the website again today to try to get things straightened out...and I'll see if I can figure out that 1000 pixel thing you guys are talking about so you wide screen guys can enjoy the site also... I tell ya, I'm no pro..I've never gone to school for this or read a book, I'm just learning as I go...so bear with me...
Old 10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Got your info Jon, just e-mail me your pics at lilscout2u@comcast.net

I will be working on the website again today to try to get things straightened out...and I'll see if I can figure out that 1000 pixel thing you guys are talking about so you wide screen guys can enjoy the site also... I tell ya, I'm no pro..I've never gone to school for this or read a book, I'm just learning as I go...so bear with me...
I think your still the computer Wiz around here.
Robert
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
I think your still the computer Wiz around here.
Robert
Thanks Robert, I'm sure trying

Quick Reply: Updated the NW F-Body Member page