Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

My Car's Mad At Me

Old 10-13-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Car's Mad At Me

So I turned on my car for the first time since Sunday, a while ago, and it was mad. Lots of shaking, sounded like tapping on the right side, it was choking for gas, and tons of smoke out the back. I revved it a little and the tapping went away, I let it sit a little more and the smoke and shaking calm down, but damn I was shitting bricks thinking on there goes a valve. I drove it for half an hr 15 mins one way (to the gym) and 15 back. Everything seemed alright for the most part, as soon as I start pulling it in to park it for the night it starts to shake at me. Everything seems fine, I plugged it into my Predator for Real Time Data and Codes, and no problems, but man she doesnt like being out in the cold. I think she misses TX. I might just send her back there, for the winter. Still contemplating.....
Old 10-13-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it's a ls1 tantrum I was going to park my car for the winter and start my winter mods. I had it in the garage for 1-1/2 weeks warm garagage mind.i started it monday to take it to seattle. man that thing grumbled groaned valves hammering blue then black smoke.it was really unhappy most of the trip.not exactly like your problem but close

I get it home and notice my headers and Y pipe have separated about 1/2" , 1 bolt is left on the drivers side and none on the other side. so i'm sure that the rear 02 sensor was not getting a good reading.I fixed the y pipe now it runs all happy again but it still dumps blue smoke on start up so now i'm worried about my baby. I figured i would share my story too
Old 10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rey, nothing that a 200 shot of nitrous won't cure. How many miles on car and fuel filter changed? Just shooting in the dark at this point.

Didn't you have some vette lettering you said I could have? I have a car cover if ya want it, or it goes up for crabs to the first one that does. I used it on my coupe a couple times, not the most expensive but what the hey, it's free and in good shape.
Robert
Old 10-13-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
Rey, nothing that a 200 shot of nitrous won't cure. How many miles on car and fuel filter changed? Just shooting in the dark at this point.

Didn't you have some vette lettering you said I could have? I have a car cover if ya want it, or it goes up for crabs to the first one that does. I used it on my coupe a couple times, not the most expensive but what the hey, it's free and in good shape.
Robert
Yea I had some Rob, but I can't find them. They were w/ my caliper decals, but I can't find either. I had 2 sets too, 1 I sold the other I was saving for you. I'll look for them tho, I've got a bunch of mail I think they got mixed into. About the cover, I've got one that's not water proof, but I here there actually worst than just leaving it exposed b/c of the moisture creating dew.

Well I've got 35000 miles on it, so I'd say around there.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Naw, I haven't had any problems with moisture under the cover. Two covers over two vettes (both water proof). You can have if ya want, or someone else?
Robert
Old 10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

sounds like it's mad at you cuz you don't drive it enough.

ice's car: "Leave me unattended for more than a week again mf'r and I'll leak anti freeze everywhere."
Old 10-14-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rokko
sounds like it's mad at you cuz you don't drive it enough.
Car's and girls seems very similiar in this case. And since I'm at work no ellaborating, but I'm sure you all can use your imaginations.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

SEEM identical??? ARE identical. Some more than others.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:40 AM
10 Second Club

Robert
Robert, if the cover is still up for grabs, and your willing, I'll take it off your hands......

Rey.......I hope you get that all figured out. Did it only do it that one time? Might want to post up on Corvetteforum and see what those guys have to say..........JMO.......these cars are a hate love kind of relationship.

I get off work today at 8am. I'll crash when I get home but should be up by 1 or 2pm. You still coming to Tacoma? Why you heading out here? We should go have some beers, maybe we can grab Robert too.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Robert, if the cover is still up for grabs, and your willing, I'll take it off your hands......

Rey.......I hope you get that all figured out. Did it only do it that one time? Might want to post up on Corvetteforum and see what those guys have to say..........JMO.......these cars are a hate love kind of relationship.

I get off work today at 8am. I'll crash when I get home but should be up by 1 or 2pm. You still coming to Tacoma? Why you heading out here? We should go have some beers, maybe we can grab Robert too.
If it stops raining I'll be down there, but if not I'll just clean my apt., grocery shop, and play some X-Box.

I was gonna meet up w/ a friend.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea I am up for a couple if ya guys go? Jon you can have cover, anytime, just call first, (? have my number, I'll pm it to ya), as I may go pick up my bike today. It's just down the road so won't take long.
Robert
Old 10-15-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I am up for a couple if ya guys go? Jon you can have cover, anytime, just call first, (? have my number, I'll pm it to ya), as I may go pick up my bike today. It's just down the road so won't take long.
Robert
I'll be in Seattle, give me a call if you alll do something.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

I thought you were coming down to Tacoma? That was the whole deal here..........the convienence of you being around here. Are you not coming down here now? Don't be a bitch now........

Robert got your PM with your number...........I appreciate the cover and everything. You gave me your number before, but I lost it. I'm gonna put it in my Cell this time. If Rey don't come around Today/Tonight, I'll be off work till the 24th. So that OBLIGATES us to go out for a beer or something. I needed some time off work bad. I'll talk to you later...............
Old 10-17-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Second Club

I thought you were coming down to Tacoma? That was the whole deal here..........the convienence of you being around here. Are you not coming down here now? Don't be a bitch now........

Robert got your PM with your number...........I appreciate the cover and everything. You gave me your number before, but I lost it. I'm gonna put it in my Cell this time. If Rey don't come around Today/Tonight, I'll be off work till the 24th. So that OBLIGATES us to go out for a beer or something. I needed some time off work bad. I'll talk to you later...............

Bueller?............ Bueller?.............Bueller?

Old 10-17-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bueller?............ Bueller?.............Bueller?

Sorry Jon, I didn't make it out to Tacoma after all. I spent half the day working, and the other half getting Sprint to fix my phone. But don't worry we'll definitely gets some on during your vacation. How's the car coming along?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Car's Mad At Me