Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Sissies in traffic.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sissies in traffic.

Too funny this morning, so I'm doing my usual cruising down the free lane on the expresslanes this morning, ya know the one where you have to get over before the lake city ramp dumps onto the express lanes.

I always wait until the last minute to jump in right before lake city way, well traffic was horrible this morning so it was dead stopped. I was following a dumb assed soccer mom who was going just about as slow as the stopped traffic. Finally I had enough, there was more than a quarter mile in front of her. So I layed on the horn and didn't let off until the dumb biznatch finally got over.

Wahooo, Free road ahead of me! so I goose it enough to slightly break loose and held it until I hit 3rd gear and I was doing a good 50mph. Then let off and started looking for spots to dive in.

One moron decided he didn't like me cheating so he dove into my lane at the last minute thinking I'm going to stab the binders and get behind him. Ha! A quick flick of the wheel and I was around that moron with a little sideways kick and just waved at him like I thanked him for letting me in. Then another moron did it. Same dilly-0, quick turn and I was gone.

Whats funny is the second one that did it had to sit and wait to get back into line. The person behind him dove right in and left him hanging out to dry.

Right before Lake City Way a semi was in line with a good 8 car lengths in front of him. My spot had opened as usual.

What cracks me up is the morons that are pissed because they don't have the ****** ***** to do it, but will try and police that lane like some citizen cop, possibly causing an accident.

People gotta hate that black Formy.

Just another day in the life of my I-5 crawl to work.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Crazy *****........I have had the worst luck goosing the throttle of my car in the wet...........seems to always want to do a 180 and that could be ugly on the freeway in rush hour.

I hear ya though about people who feel like they have to "punish you" for doing something they don't like........whatevah
Old 11-03-2005, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

I've done the pull over to block before but that's only when the lanes have already merged and people like to fly down the shoulder anyways. (not on the XL's but on the normaly highway). I was like you though and would stay in that lane until it merged over.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I've done the pull over to block before but that's only when the lanes have already merged and people like to fly down the shoulder anyways. (not on the XL's but on the normaly highway). I was like you though and would stay in that lane until it merged over.
Be glad no one hit you cuz that would be YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion, but let people do what they want so long as it isn't hurting you.......they will get theirs if they are up to no good. :shrug:
Old 11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

God I hate people that do that ****. And they wonder where road rage comes from....
Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Be glad no one hit you cuz that would be YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion, but let people do what they want so long as it isn't hurting you.......they will get theirs if they are up to no good. :shrug:
clarification: I don't whip out in front up people speeding by but if I see someone way back there tryin it I'll edge over a lil, usually SUV's I see tryin it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Rick - we think alike.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

This discussion came up years ago on another board so someone looked it up.
When traffic is merging in a situation like that you are supposed to drive up to the point where you merge then move over.

People have a hissy fit not knowing THE DOT SAYS DRIVE TO THE FRONT THEN MOVE OVER!
duuhhhh

Keep zipping around those 'lane police', they are clueless and an accident waiting to happen
Old 11-03-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Typical WA drivers....
Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
This discussion came up years ago on another board so someone looked it up.
When traffic is merging in a situation like that you are supposed to drive up to the point where you merge then move over.

People have a hissy fit not knowing THE DOT SAYS DRIVE TO THE FRONT THEN MOVE OVER!
duuhhhh

Keep zipping around those 'lane police', they are clueless and an accident waiting to happen
Exactly I'm talking about the ones that keep goin after the line has come and gone just to get that extra few car lenghts... oh well... I haven't had to drive on the freeways in rush hour in a while so I'm not too worried about it. Backroads baby!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm, its a tough choice.. I'm still on the fence on which side to take.. Either stay in the lane that it eventually funnels to.. or keep going on the other lane, until it merges together.

Idealisticly, if everyone drove nicely, using both lanes and then have both lanes merge together like a "zipper" would be the best way..

However, since most people in real life do not understand or refuse to co-operate with the "zipper" method, its sometimes better just to pile up in that one lane.

What I can't stand, is say an exit is backed up.... and there is obviously suppose to be only one lane that goes to the exit.. and its backed up.. Then people take the other lane, which does NOT merge in, and _usually_ end up cutting people off ahead to get in (which echo's a chaos effect which causes everyone to slow down).. or even worse, come completely to stop, now blocking another lane of traffic, to try to get in.. Sometimes its okay that person just easily finds a big empty spot to sneak in.. But most of the time, it just causes confusion and more of a mess.. Although, I must admit, there are certain times I have been guilting doing this too..

Or my favorite, is there's plenty of room behnd me, but yet you have to accel to get in front, and then cut me off to merge in the lane... cause I left about a car length between me and the car ahead of me..

There's this turn at a light here.. Its a 2 lane left, that after the turn, merges into one lane.. Usually people are smart enough to merge in like a zipper... Although you always get some dumb idiot that screws it all up, by suddenly trying to leap foward and tailgate the person in front of him, thus causing confusion on the merge cause suddenly there's 2 cars side by side, when there should be only 1, thus slowing traffic down for everyone else.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very good at driving 4 feet or less off the bumper in front of me because I try to never let the jackass who didn't merge in
Old 11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHarris
I'm very good at driving 4 feet or less off the bumper in front of me because I try to never let the jackass who didn't merge in
I am with you Cory, espcially in the Truck, hit me, I don't care about it and I have good insurance.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I see it at the interchange of 16 and I-5 I will let one or two people in with the zipper method but when should I stop letting people in? You know it is ending you have plenty of time to get in, wait your f-cking turn.

Last edited by My1st Truck; 11-04-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

I am sooo glad I don't live there any more. I hated the drive from 116th St to Everett. Now, it's bad traffic if you have to wait more than 4 cars to make a left at the one light in town. 27 yrs on the West Coast and now freedom!
Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Simply put WA drivers CAN NOT MERGE and about 75% cant drive alltogether. I almost wish I didnt know what it was like to drive in Cali, then I wouldnt realise just how fu@#ed up the traffic is here. in Cali the highway could be packed but its moving at 90mph and wet or dry doesnt matter. shoot I have been cruising down the highway a number of times @ 95mph and was just keeping up with traffic and all of a sudden I get passed by highway patrol. they dont even look at you. In WA, if its raining, if its sunny, if someone on the other side of the highway has a flat tire, if its dark, if its day time, people drive like its their first time behind the wheel. My favorite is when people dont keep right except to pass and when you pass them they flip you off like you are the one driving like a jackass.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
Simply put WA drivers CAN NOT MERGE and about 75% cant drive alltogether. I almost wish I didnt know what it was like to drive in Cali, then I wouldnt realise just how fu@#ed up the traffic is here. in Cali the highway could be packed but its moving at 90mph and wet or dry doesnt matter. shoot I have been cruising down the highway a number of times @ 95mph and was just keeping up with traffic and all of a sudden I get passed by highway patrol. they dont even look at you. In WA, if its raining, if its sunny, if someone on the other side of the highway has a flat tire, if its dark, if its day time, people drive like its their first time behind the wheel. My favorite is when people dont keep right except to pass and when you pass them they flip you off like you are the one driving like a jackass.
Where the hell in Cali were you at for that??? I lived there my whole life and not only can they not merge, but as soon as the first drop oif rain water hits the ground......everyone flips out and it becomes a free for all. I SOOOOO don't miss So Cal traffic/drivers.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
Concur. I miss New York.
Seriously the Navy had me all ove the F-cking place and by far WA has the worst most incosiderate drivers in the states.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned

I miss tx where everybody speeds. If you're going 80 you're holding up traffic.

Nate
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All I can say is I am not from here...there for i can f'ing drive..AND cut off idiots at will

I have been trained to drive all over the world and the jack ***'s here have nothing on The Eastern country's!

Quick Reply: Sissies in traffic.