Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

BMF H2 Traction control in action

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BMF H2 Traction control in action

When viewed as power and torque over speed this pic tells the whole story...

This was the first run and traction control activated during it. All the runs and numbers that followed were only allowing a max of 78% throttle opening. Viewed in that light.. I guess I'm not disappointed with the numbers considering that the truck really does make about 600 hp.
Attached Thumbnails BMF H2 Traction control in action-bmf-h2-traction-control.jpg  

Last edited by CHarris; 11-12-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is there any after market product like Laptrax for the Hummer? I have this on my vette, and is set up to turn traction control off when ever you start car. You can still over ride if you want and turn it on for bad weather driving.
Robert
Old 11-12-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you Cory.....all you have is a 6,000lb SUV that will take down most GTOs & Mustang GTs....it must suck to drive that slug!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Is there any after market product like Laptrax for the Hummer? I have this on my vette, and is set up to turn traction control off when ever you start car. You can still over ride if you want and turn it on for bad weather driving.
Robert
If I remember correctly the H2's don't have an in cockpit tc switch or if there is it doesn't disable it all the way or somethin like that.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rookiels1
If I remember correctly the H2's don't have an in cockpit tc switch or if there is it doesn't disable it all the way or somethin like that.
If that is the case it prolly has something to do with the fact that it has a transfer case and front & rear drive axles (or something like that).........just a guess.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

That reminds me... how did you disconnect the front drive axle? isn't there an AWD dyno around here somewhere?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

H2's don't have a TCS switch in the same sense that the f-body's, vettes and caddy's. I've disabled a couple of tables in the programming that would take away timing... but nothing addresses this particular issue. I'm sure that it is related to the lack of wheel spin from the front due to the front shaft being removed. I'm betting there is a way around this as LPE still put up 522 rwhp on theirs. I'm just going to have to ask them about it.

Last edited by CHarris; 11-12-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
Robert

There is a TCS mode that will allow slip... but it should only be able to be engaged by the driver pushing a button when the truck is in 4LO locked. As I was in 4 hi-locked it should not factor in. It may be as simple as that mode actually working in 4 hi-locked as well. I'll be a little pissed if it's that simple and the factory manual doesn't mention it!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHarris
There is a TCS mode that will allow slip... but it should only be able to be engaged by the driver pushing a button when the truck is in 4LO locked. As I was in 4 hi-locked it should not factor in. It may be as simple as that mode actually working in 4 hi-locked as well. I'll be a little pissed if it's that simple and the factory manual doesn't mention it!
<- corey if it does work like that lol... best of luck though. That is one wicked beast.

Quick Reply: BMF H2 Traction control in action