Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Return of the Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Return of the Camaro

Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine Jan 2006 issue page 53 has an intersting story. Jeff Koch, West coast Editor recieved an annonymous set of pictures of what appeared to be a clay mock-up of a 2006 Camaro. They had CONFIDENTIAL in big red letters across each picture. The photos were taken on GM's well known Design Studio turntable.

Per Kock, if the concept is here in '06, then the car should hit production in '08 or '09.

He contacted GM, and they asked for him to send a copy of the pictures he had, so they could see what he was talking about. Jeff says he must have hit a nerve. They called him and would not tell him anything about the car. They would not even discuss if it was or was not a Camaro. They did say that he had GM property and that it is copyrighted, and that GM would sue Hemmings if they printed the pictures.

Jeff Koch described the are as modern but with older Camaro accents. The grille resembles the 1969 Camaro, as well as the back, but has a huge rear bumper. That huge rear bumper kind of chokes me on the new Mustangs also, but it probably is required for crash test reasons.

If they do come out with it, it will be great news for American muscle car enthusiest. Dodge is also coming out with a retro Challenger in 2009. Hopefully the GTO stays, and that a return of the Firebird is in GM's plans.

I don't know about you folks, but 2008 or 2009 is too far off. While I am not in the market to buy a GM or MOPAR, anything that helps combat the rice rockets is okay in my book!
Old 12-06-2005, 01:02 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Camaro is most definitely coming back. We're going to see the new version here in about a month.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Kent! Let us all hope it does become a reality. Good news for all, like you said.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Launching!

I cant wait to see the new Camaro, they better come up with homerun for a TV commercial this time!!

Quick Reply: Return of the Camaro