Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Most of my parts arrived tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005 | 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Default Most of my parts arrived tonight

Got home and saw my Cometic gaskets, AFR 225's, TCI SFI-rated flex plate, Comp R lifters and ARP head studs all arrived today. Only missing a few bolts and the all important secret cam to start assembly.

I'm kinda bummed that I'll have to tune the N/A engine all over again... but somehow I'll get through it...
Old 12-13-2005 | 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Well, were all eagerly awaiting the completion of this badass project. I wish that motor your having built was going in my Vette though. With my 3200lbs and the power your gonna make................oh man! I got wood. Did I say that outloud? Inside voice, inside voice.....

Good luck on that project man.
Old 12-13-2005 | 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Cory I may stop by and check it out!
Old 12-13-2005 | 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

I miss those visits by Mr. Brown Truck
Old 12-14-2005 | 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

You are going to have the badest Hummer on the west coast Cory.....I'll bet you're pumped! Ellis probably told you already, but just in case, the bolts that hold the converter to the flex plate ended up being a little short. They only thread in about 1/2" or so. Ellis went & snagged some longer bolts. I forget what they were, he can tell you.

What size injectors are you using? I wonder if my tune would work on your motor......
Old 12-14-2005 | 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

That's Awesome Cory! I will have to make a trip to Seattle next spring to watch that bad boy run!
Old 12-14-2005 | 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
You are going to have the badest Hummer on the west coast Cory.....I'll bet you're pumped! Ellis probably told you already, but just in case, the bolts that hold the converter to the flex plate ended up being a little short. They only thread in about 1/2" or so. Ellis went & snagged some longer bolts. I forget what they were, he can tell you.

What size injectors are you using? I wonder if my tune would work on your motor......

I'm using 60 lb motrons.. the ones that were supposedly "untuneable" and "too big." Glad I have em, too. I'd be mad as hell to need bigger injectors for this project

The bolts were short, huh? I'll have to check. The flexplate does have some thick bosses.

As for the tune... I'll be going at it from near scratch. It's okay though.. that the only way it comes out perfect on something like this. Though I do have a kick *** Radix tune for 60 lb injectors that I might be willing to sell should anyone want to step into a 04 H2
Old 12-15-2005 | 01:43 AM
Launching!

thats going to be a monster H2!! Fastest in the west looks like a reality for you man.
Awesome
Old 12-15-2005 | 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

60s eh? I'm going to be using them when the blower goes on, but I have dinky little 30s in there now. If I end up with idling issues like some people have with the 60s, I may be calling you.

As for the bolts, I was up top hooking $hit up so I don't have details, but they were short enough that Ellis made us stop working & drive over to get some longer ones. Anything that makes him stop in the middle of a project is worth investigating.....