Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Speed Secrets makes history once again

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed Secrets makes history once again

Thanks Ellis for another amazing repair. Who else could do an alignment over the phone with a complete idiot on the other end?

I was having steering problems and could not get to the shop until tuesday. I pm'd Ellis and he fixed the car over the phone. He must have super powers or something because I am a complete idiot when it comes to the underside of the car. He talked me through the whole process and now I feel safe driving the car until I can get it to Omni on Tuesday to have the alignment done with the proper equipment.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, he aint near as dumb as he looks......was that my outside voice?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah, he aint near as dumb as he looks......was that my outside voice?
oh snap, did he just say that. Yeah, Ellis is the man. On another note, my car is going into God's shop once again, this time to get my LT headers installed. Its going in the day after x-mas.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Howierd I am glad it worked out good. I just could not have you driving around In an un-safe car. If that bolt had came out or sheared it could have been very bad. I have seen them work there way loose before.

For those wondering. Howierd got ahold of me because some thing had changed in his car and it was pulling hard to the left and was making a 'clunking' noise when he pulled forward or moved back. I had him put the front of the car in the air so we could diagnos it. After checcking the driver side he moved to the passenger side and sure enough we found a loose bolt on the front lower A arm. I had him loosen it up and make an adjustment to get it in the ball park so it was safe to drive untill he could get it to OMNI for an Alighnment.

After he got it back on the ground he ran it around the block and found it to be good as new. I felt much better knowing he had a safe car to drive again

And Mark? I got a coal mine for you old man

Enjoy all!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
<snip?

And Mark? I got a coal mine for you old man

Enjoy all!
Is that so he can make that red pig go fast? By dropping it down a shaft.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
Thanks Ellis for another amazing repair. Who else could do an alignment over the phone with a complete idiot on the other end?

I pm'd Ellis and he fixed the car over the phone.
Hehe, you ain't the only one. Haven't had to lift a valve cover since. BTW Ellis I've got all my notes from our phone call taped down to my work bench.

I think I'm gonna have to punch out on modding the bike for now and send you my PCM sooner than later. Hoping some tuning will help bring up my city MPG. I'm only getting 11 mpg in town right now.

Quick Reply: Speed Secrets makes history once again