July 28th PR
Aug. 11th PR
Aug. 19th Bremerton
Aug. 25th PR

Pass it on

Bill S.
Old 12-28-2005 | 08:50 PM
Pathological Modifier

Why can't we get more days at Bremerton? Why do we continue to patronize a track that hates us?
Old 12-28-2005 | 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

We talked about that Ryan, we ALL feel the same way. But there is some agreement with PR that we are struggling with. The last I heard RC was trying to work it out so we had 5 or 6 at B-town. We also talked about having 1 in Mission. Obviously that didn't come about.
Old 12-28-2005 | 09:28 PM
Pathological Modifier

Um why do we need to have any agreement with PR, if we don't like what they do,then just cut them all together... Sounds simple to me.

Ryan
Old 12-28-2005 | 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Ryan
PR sets the dates for them, We do not have any say over it.
We can book more dates for Bremerton but how many races do people want to go to in one season. 11 races is like running the Pro Bracket at Bremerton or PR is that enough. At the next meeting they can decide to only go to 4 races at PR or add more races to Bremerton. What do you think.

Bill Sallia
Old 12-28-2005 | 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well Its a good thing I have my car set to go in to the shop on March 6th for Dyno & chip burning?
Old 12-28-2005 | 10:04 PM
Pathological Modifier

I'd cut PR down to 4 races and add dates to Bremerton. Saturday races are just more practical. Everytime I have been to PR, I just don't have a good time, its just not fun.

Ryan
Old 12-28-2005 | 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ryan try to make the meetings. Talking about here on this board doesnt do very much good. You dont reach all the members. either go over to the CCCA board or go to the meeting next meeting is I do believe is like the 17th or so of Jan

I personally dont like PR because of the Dang Manager & I think Bill, Don & a few others knows why I dont like the man. But I go because its points for the club.

Hopfully with my car running this year & I get to make sure its a good running car.

Already guys are talking high to mid 13s with the combo I have I am just praying to see low 14s.
Old 12-28-2005 | 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

2 Weds night races at PR???????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????? we sure about that? May 31st & July 5th are both middle of the week races.
Old 12-28-2005 | 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Yes I know two Wednesday races. Like I said Russ called me and gave me the dates, We have no controll! You can only go to some races or maybe someone can book races at Mission.

Bill Sallia
Old 12-28-2005 | 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Maybe we should just book ourselves more races at Bremerton, then announce to the CCCA that while there are 7 races at Pacific, only 4 will count... PR has no control over how many races we book at Bremerton, or if we choose to have the CCCA not show up for 3 of those 7 "scheduled" events.

Hell, they probably wouldn't even notice if we didn't show up, considering how busy they are all the time with the street legals.
Old 12-28-2005 | 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bill,Don, Mark dont get mad but I think we need to take back control of the race dates, When they are set let the track run the races like they normally do but take back when the races are set.
Old 12-29-2005 | 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

Actually talking about it at the meetings does not return much on the PR end either.

I know I will make four races. 11 sure hits a budget hard !

I am going to race more at PR this year. I like going where they like me

Speed Secrets will definately be a sponsor of the CCCA but we may also look into supporting a track that supports us!
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Actually talking about it at the meetings does not return much on the PR end either.

I know I will make four races. 11 sure hits a budget hard !

I am going to race more at PR this year. I like going where they like me

Speed Secrets will definately be a sponsor of the CCCA but we may also look into supporting a track that supports us!

So why does PR not like us?? I personally didn't like the atmousphere nearly as much as Bremerton. But then again I only got to race at Bremerton. I also heard that PR frowns on deep staging which my car does everytime due to ground clearance issues which is one of the main reasons I stayed away from there. That and the fact that my car broke early in the season! I also wanted to race for the car club this season but I have to deploy in February and won't be back till June/July. Can I jump in mid stream and race with you guys??

Oh and Ellis, if you have any stickers that aren't HUGE, I'll gladly put it on the Vette to promote the biz........Let me know if I can help!
Old 12-29-2005 | 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can join the season as early or as late as you wish.

I dont know if its PR that doesnt like us or if its the fact that we are one of their biggest draw on friday nights & they dont realize that if we left they would have to deal just with the street racers (of course when a group makes up for over half your paycheck you need to treat them nice.)

With me its something personal between the man who manages the place & myself. Personalities dont mash very well.
Old 12-29-2005 | 03:44 AM
TECH Veteran

JRS Racing Supplies, an Independent Amsoil Dealer will also be a sponsor of the CCCA this year. Just gotta wait for my tax return and I'll put in my $250.
Old 12-29-2005 | 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

First we should all thank Bill & RC for working with Russell & people at B-town for trying to set this up. Form what they tell me, this part is no fun....I have yet to be involved so I can only quote them.

Second, we need to remember we don't own the tracks, so we are at their mercy for dates & such. Bremerton is willing to work with us to add more events for CCCA, but PR sets it's own schedule & then TELLS us when they are. We can choose to not go to some, like the Wed nite races, but knowing how PR is, we might run the risk of them dropping us. Then what?

Third, there's the cost issue. I would rather race at B-town too. But it costs many people more $ to go there, just like it costs some more to go to PR. That is why we were trying to get an even split, so everyone would get an even shot.

The poeple on the CCCA comittee want to do what you guys want. But we also need to hear it from all the groups / clubs. Letting everyone race AND have fun is our goal. But with 150 cars involved, there are bound to be issues that don't please everyone.

Since people can't attend the meetings, maybe we could set up a poll here & on CCCA & other websites (Stangnet, etc). Like I said, I'm all for doing away with the Wed nite races, and adding more events to B-town, but if only 20 of us feel that way......
Old 12-29-2005 | 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

In the end it is not so much what we want but what PR wants. They would like us to go away completely so they can do there own thing. The guys who have worked with them over the years have done a great job and PR has tried to bend us over many times.

PR just does not like our money is what I have come to figure out Just not good enough for them...but they will gladdly take it every chance they get
Old 12-29-2005 | 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
In the end it is not so much what we want but what PR wants. They would like us to go away completely so they can do there own thing. The guys who have worked with them over the years have done a great job and PR has tried to bend us over many times.

PR just does not like our money is what I have come to figure out Just not good enough for them...but they will gladdly take it every chance they get
It wouldn't break my heart if PR dropped us. I'd rather pay more to have a fun experience racing, which I have yet to at PR. Saturdays are much more doable too. If all we did was race at B-Town I'd be happy as a pig in slop.
Old 12-29-2005 | 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

JEEZ Mark you sound way to diplomatic. Did Linda slip you one of her Valium. I am in agreement with most, I do not really like the way we are treated @PR but I really don't want to have to drive three hours for every event. I think it is a decent split.