http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10634256/

what kind of idiot does this....
Old 12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10634256/

what kind of idiot does this....

DUMBASS!!!! People like that need to be shot!!! Ive heard of puttine a drop of whiskey on an infants gums when they are teething, and I wont even do that! This person went too far.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What world did you guys grow up in

Not sure about others here but I know many who were raised by drunks

Sure it may not be right and in this overly PC world we now live in...but it happened alot back then. Then again back in the 70s Drunk driving was not a big crime.....

For the Record i do not think it is right and I do not support the behavior....but things sure have changed since I was a kid!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Well, no where in the article does it say he gave the kid any booze. He might have just passed out and then from there kids will be kids. It would not take much for a 2 year old to get a BAC level of what they recorded -- less than half a beer I would think. And I knew a couple who would do just that with their own kids ... granted they were trailer trash, but they did it nonetheless just to watch them get drunk and fall down.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
What world did you guys grow up in

Not sure about others here but I know many who were raised by drunks

Sure it may not be right and in this overly PC world we now live in...but it happened alot back then. Then again back in the 70s Drunk driving was not a big crime.....

For the Record i do not think it is right and I do not support the behavior....but things sure have changed since I was a kid!
Between this and what Howeird said - it may seem wrong but it happens daily.
Musta been a slow news day this time round....
Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Hell, .094 didn't used to be legally drunk in Washington until like 99? I remember when it used to be .1. Charges should be pressed, nobody watching kids should get so drunk they pass out. That's just neglect.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aww, come on. You've got to give the toddler credit for knowing when to say 'when.'
Old 12-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not surprising or even shocking about the alchohol, when parents drink in front of their kids they are teacing them to do it as well and guess what?: kids will mimic the behavior of the parents. Not going to judge on that one way or the other, I've seen alchohol create problem where the wasnt any one to many times but I also enjoy my bourbon when I'm away from my kids. The biggest concern in that story is the fact the uncle is passed out in the kids are un suppervised. If something happened to one of the kids the uncle was useless. I dont drink around my kids to set an example for them. Having a few drinks and acting like an uncarring *** isnt the picture to present when raising impressionable yutes. But thats my opinion, I've seen it all from severe alchoholism to totaly dry. I choose to shelter my kids from that **** until they have to face it, but thats me. I'm a big irishman from Boston, when I drink you know it. lol
Old 12-29-2005, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Ellis is right here, When I was 4 my stepdad got me so drunk I pucked for hours. Things have changed alot over the years. We used to serve my mom her drinks. I do not drink now but have done my fair share. I do believe that if you are wathcing children of that age you need to be much more responsible.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Amorget
Hell, .094 didn't used to be legally drunk in Washington until like 99? I remember when it used to be .1. Charges should be pressed, nobody watching kids should get so drunk they pass out. That's just neglect.
that's why i posted it up.....the kid being drunk does not surprise me the dumbass most likely passed out and the kid was thirsty and got what he could get his hands on.lets see i have my 3 kids here by myself where is that bottle at...real dumb i hope mommy cuts his nuts off.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by narcszm
Aww, come on. You've got to give the toddler credit for knowing when to say 'when.'
Unlike the dope watching him.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alcohol is never good for a baby.... but hell i remember my cousin started walking after he a shot of beer

Quick Reply: umm, i'm just speechless