Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Results

I went & dynoed the new stroker today. I was pleased with the NA numbers. I gained 25rwhp & 40 rwtq SAE. So I should be right where we wanted it when the blower goes on. (assuming we get anywhere close to the 40% for the P-1SC or 60% for the D ATI advertises - Todd gained 140rwhp with this blower)

The results are:

Old motor - 361rwhp, 346rwtq; = 490 eng hp & 475 eng tq
Stroker - 385rwhp, 403rwtq; = 530 eng hp & 555 eng tq
(eng #s assume 20% stock drivetrain loss + the 7.5% I documented on the 9" & Stall)

The chart below is in actual numbers. I'd have to post 2 charts to show it in SAE.

Oh, and there is a blip on the new dyno chart. They thought it was flashing too fast. It actuall broke the tires loose once when it downgeared into 2nd, which I thought was pretty cool.

Dang it, I keep forgetting this PC is setup for Linda's screen name.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Results-stroker-dyno.jpg  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

Good numbers Mark!! Uh...........I mean Linda.

I wonder what the actual difference with the P1 will be? Should be interesting to see. I will get my car dyno'd in a couple of weeks! I hope to put down a little more HP than what your making, but I think I'm wishfull thinking and then again I don't have no where near the drive train loss you have! We'll see what happens!!

Again....congrats on the numbers bro!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Nice numbers mark!!! Gonna be sweet with the procharger! man gaining 25hp even with dropping the compression.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

I hope you will be pleasantly surprised by your numbers Jon. A cam & headers really wakes these motors up.

As for the C ratio, that had me worried Josh. As strong as the car feels, I figured I'd have more torque, but not this much. And I was hoping to have as much hp.....never figured I'd get 25rw more. I attribute that to my coach, Yoda Groo, and his cam Dr, Luke Greenwood. I knew what I wanted, and they made it happen. Like the guys at Little Mosters said, I can't wait to see what their top-end setup does with boost.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you are happy with the numbers, Mark. It's always good to know that you have a strong foundation!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Mark, very nice numbers! Now, strap that thing on and go to town!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Looking good Mark!

I'm gonna have to either strip my car down or run a big enough shot of nitrous to put my engine in danger just to keep within sight of ya. I don't think the 150 shot is gonna cut it...
Old 12-30-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Nice numbers mark, should be a real nice combo once the blower goes on. I am real suprised at how much tourqe you picked up

When you straping the blower on?
Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah Dog, the tq was a nice surprise! Big block numbers.

I was going to start installing the blower today. But Ellis reminded me that when we pull the tranny to fix the rear main leak, the engine could drop & put a lot of strain on the blower ducting, or poke the blower thru the radiator, or some nice thing like that.

I still can do some of the work, like installing the gauge pod & the intercoolers. It's killing me not to strap this baby on now. But, do it right, do it once.....
Old 12-30-2005, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah Dog, the tq was a nice surprise! Big block numbers.

I was going to start installing the blower today. But Ellis reminded me that when we pull the tranny to fix the rear main leak, the engine could drop & put a lot of strain on the blower ducting, or poke the blower thru the radiator, or some nice thing like that.

I still can do some of the work, like installing the gauge pod & the intercoolers. It's killing me not to strap this baby on now. But, do it right, do it once.....

Exactly. Better to not leave anything to chance, cause you no how that **** works.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice Mark, very nice.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

I finally got to spend some time on the car today. I decided to start with the gauge pod. I got all the wiring done, pod is sitting on the dash, just need to hook up the O2 sensor & the vacuum line to the motor & I'll be done. It has elec fuel pressure, a/f & boost gauges. Tomorrow or Monday I hope to get the intercoolers on.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results