Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

laid up for a while :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 03:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default laid up for a while :(

hey, just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery i had on thursday went well. i am gonna be out of commision for a couple of months, so i can't wait till i can get back behind the wheele (it was my right knee). hope everyone had a marry christmas and a happy new year.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Knee Surgery is usually worthwhile in the end. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope it heals up good Should give you plenty of time to think up new mod's
Old 01-01-2006, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had knee surgery & it was worth it. I was laid up for a couple weeks. Just remember it will never be as strong as it was originally. But it won't hurt to walk anymore....
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

What are you having done? I need to have the ACL repaired in one of my knees, I torn it completely playing basketball in high school. Back then (damn I'm getting old) it was a major surgery with 6 month to a year recovery. Doctor said keep active and don't ski and it should be fine. It does buckle though if I get too relaxed playing ball or something.

Just wondering what you had done, cause a couple of months is pretty serious, I've had my knees scoped a few times and was back up and running in a couple of weeks. driving stick the same week. (very carefully although that was a Bmw not a Z28 clutch )
Old 01-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

My mom just had her second knee replacement surgery. She had zero cartelige in her knees, bone on bone for the last 5 years. She's kicking herself for not doing it earlier.

I have wandering kneecaps, if I stand up too quick without thinking about it one of em will slide off center and drop me back to my knees with a blinding shot of pain.

Like Robert said, what did ya have done?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Just think... that's a couple of months worth of Halo time. I better see ya on X-Box Live.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear about your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery. Be SURE to listen to your Dr/s though as I have had 10 surgeries and the times I have not listened, I have lived to regret it.........feel better amigo.
Originally Posted by Rokko
My mom just had her second knee replacement surgery. She had zero cartelige in her knees, bone on bone for the last 5 years. She's kicking herself for not doing it earlier.

I have wandering kneecaps, if I stand up too quick without thinking about it one of em will slide off center and drop me back to my knees with a blinding shot of pain.

Like Robert said, what did ya have done?
Mine are the same way and they crack/pop reallllly loud and painfully quite regularly......maybe if I ever get health insurance again, I will get em fixed.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

thanx for all the support. tranz, my dad is gonna be gettin me a 360 in a week or two. so you'll see me then, though i think the pain meds will hinder my aim lol. i had a miniscal (carteladge) transplant, that is i have to stay off it for two months. i also had bone on bone, this was my 10th knee surgery. i already had the same thing done to my left knee. i know it will feel better later, but it sure is killing me now, but that is what percoset is for. i cant wait till i can drive again.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

I would say that I hope you feel better soon but with percs you should be feeling better than any of the rest of us.

Get well soon.

Quick Reply: laid up for a while :(