Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Future of America...in good hands

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
haha some junior at my school thinks his 89 TURBO volvo runs 12s in the 1/4...i told him to race for 100$ and he said no, and that he would race me for pink slips with his dads wrx....kid is a complete idiot

omg a turbo volvo? i know a few 80s volvo turbo station wagons that run mid 12s, way faster then me. remember money will make anything fast but ur just a 17 yr old kid with much to learn.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
You all are fat bastards...

I just thought I'd throw that out there, considering my rather portly physique.
Whenever someone says "Round is a shape" it cracks me up cuz its true. Being on the flip side, its tiring to have people think I'm anorexic and I don't bother to explain the whole getting hit by a drunk driver head on story.
Besides, its more fun to mess with peoples minds

But now, I'm at the point that I look at food and I figure it's like slapping a 2 pound weight on to the Camaro... now all I want to eat is jello and water, and I can practically see the Camaro getting lighter and lighter, and faster and faster.
EEEEWWWWWW!!!!! you said jello!!!

I hate jello.
Thats all they give me after surgery and it gets gross after awhile. Not to mention unless its "diet" jello it won't do you any good except make you start playing with your food.
(If anyone see's him build mountians out of mashed potatoes, stop and ask "what cha doin?", please?)

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Think what you may, but it was intially meant to be a joke. The honest truth is tho, I'm not from here so it has taken me a while to really start to feel comfortable here. And if it wasn't for the guys around this forum, adjusting would of been a lot more difficult. I know I said this last time at hooters, when Ellis and that other guy begin yelling about Katrina, but I thanked the guys at the table for helping me adjust and that I was very glad that I had met them. I believe Mark, Rick, Doug, Rookie, and Steve were there at the time. Well anyways, I do consider many of the guys on here friends regardless of how often I get to see them. With that being said, I apologize for misunderstanding our positions, and I apologize for the statement. Take care.
Wait, everyone either knows you or your new. I can't figure which it is from your posts. Flashlight plz? KTHX
I thought I had more 'senior' moments than anyone round here but it was me yelling at someone I'd never met at Hooters, hell, Ellis wasn't even in the room yet. Once he showed up the three of us got a bit loud but that was it. Now my head is really spinning since Darrin was there too. At least I feel better about my memory since I have the pictures Josh took..yep, Darrin and I were there. Oh, it was my birthday and everyone was spared any further Donkey jokes since husband was in Louisiana as a first responder. Date? Sept 2nd.
Sweet that I turned a year older and still remember the details including the folder I saved the pictures to

Joking round with someone you know and have had a lot of interaction with is one thing. Showing up after not posting for a few months and taking a pot-shot at someone that goes to almost every show or gathering is kinda glaring though I keep telling myself you are young, drive an expensive car and can be rather foul-languaged/abrasive to all responses at times. Sounds about right, yes, you guys know what I'm talking about now that you think back. Someone stop Mark. He doesn't need to think *that* far back

I see a goal to strive for and you are making some headway with your last sentence. It will carry you a long way come this spring, seriously. Just remind yourself most of us are old, been there, done that and know better sometimes.

Peace Out
Old 01-07-2006, 03:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver

Maybe he/they meant the NHRA edition Firebird that came out towards the end of production?
I wondered that for about half a second and figured there was no way for him to know that much.

Its when I let Ubu off his lead line :b
Poor muttly - the T/A eats tennis ***** too and he will still try to splay his body out as far as possible on the garage floor to get to it...we are lazy enough to just get another ball until we drive it again and scoop up all the tennis ***** gathered under it.

yes, those are panties on his head
its a long story....
Old 01-07-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Think what you may, but it was intially meant to be a joke. The honest truth is tho, I'm not from here so it has taken me a while to really start to feel comfortable here. And if it wasn't for the guys around this forum, adjusting would of been a lot more difficult. I know I said this last time at hooters, when Ellis and that other guy begin yelling about Katrina, but I thanked the guys at the table for helping me adjust and that I was very glad that I had met them. I believe Mark, Rick, Doug, Rookie, and Steve were there at the time. Well anyways, I do consider many of the guys on here friends regardless of how often I get to see them. With that being said, I apologize for misunderstanding our positions, and I apologize for the statement. Take care.
Ahhh see, when you were thanking people at the table, that must have been in the other room, cuz all you bastages abandoned me to "keep the peace" between those two......aka, y'all snuck outta the room when I wasn't looking.

As for everything else, water under the bridge amigo........no harm done and I apologize as well if I was a bit harsh as well. Fair enough?

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I wondered that for about half a second and figured there was no way for him to know that much.

Its when I let Ubu off his lead line :b
Poor muttly - the T/A eats tennis ***** too and he will still try to splay his body out as far as possible on the garage floor to get to it...we are lazy enough to just get another ball until we drive it again and scoop up all the tennis ***** gathered under it.

yes, those are panties on his head
its a long story....
AWESOME picture.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

HEY! We were having a debate on the Pro's and Con's of our goverments responce time for Katrina. Niether one of us was Un-happy

You all just ran when it got good I believe he was Rick's room mate. Great guy!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
HEY! We were having a debate on the Pro's and Con's of our goverments responce time for Katrina. Niether one of us was Un-happy

I knew what it was about, I was the only one who stuck around.

And yeah, he seemed like a really guy I thought.

I still burst out laughing when I remember how you paused in the middle of your "debate" and said, "Oh, by the way, I am Ellis. <hand extended to shake> And you are?"
Old 01-07-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait, everyone either knows you or your new. I can't figure which it is from your posts. Flashlight plz? KTHX
I thought I had more 'senior' moments than anyone round here but it was me yelling at someone I'd never met at Hooters, hell, Ellis wasn't even in the room yet. Once he showed up the three of us got a bit loud but that was it. Now my head is really spinning since Darrin was there too. At least I feel better about my memory since I have the pictures Josh took..yep, Darrin and I were there. Date? Sept 2nd.
Sweet that I turned a year older and still remember the details including the folder I saved the pictures to
First off, this occurred prior to yours and Darrin's arrival. I thought Darrin was there during that, but I was wrong. I know that you weren't there yet, b/c that was when we 1st saw your T/A. And this was before Ellis got there too, in case you’re trying to get a point of reference.

Joking round with someone you know and have had a lot of interaction with is one thing. Showing up after not posting for a few months and taking a pot-shot at someone that goes to almost every show or gathering is kinda glaring though I keep telling myself you are young, drive an expensive car and can be rather foul-languaged/abrasive to all responses at times. Sounds about right, yes, you guys know what I'm talking about now that you think back. Someone stop Mark. He doesn't need to think *that* far back
Secondly, I haven’t been gone a few months. Prior to these posts, I hadn’t posted since early Dec, and before that mid Nov. I went 2 weeks in Nov. w/o posting (work and holidays) and 3 weeks in Dec. (work and holidays). But that isn’t even the point, Darrin was correct, I misunderstood our positions and made a statement that I normally wouldn’t had made knowing that.

Concerning Mark, Mark and I joke around, but it is mainly about college rivalries, work, and sometimes my girlfriend. I don’t see the need to really elaborate any further, but if I am wrong Mark, please feel free to chime in and correct me.

Now I’d like to address the 3 observation you have made of me, which I’ve gone ahead and listed below for the ease of reading.

1. Being young
2. Drive an expensive car
3. Foul-languaged / Abrasived

1. Yes I am young, I’m 22, but please don’t place me into that same stereotype that you have manifested in your head. This statement is the most of upsetting of the 3, b/c I know that it is a direct shot to undermine and discredit me as a person. I have worked very hard in my life to get to where I am today, and don’t believe that you’re in any position to reduce me in any way or fashion.

2. What does that have to do with anything? Not once have I ever look down on anyone on this forum for driving whatever it is they drive. To me it’s all the same, whether we drive a Corvettes, T/As, SS, Cobras, etc. We all drive these cars, b/c we share the same passion, not b/c we want to be better than anyone else. Of course, where we do want to be better than everyone else is at the track, but it doesn’t even matter what your car looks like there, b/c it’s all about what the public can’t see.

3. It is obvious, by your previous 2 statements, that you really don’t know me or who I am. Therefore, I’m just going to ignore this statement and move on to the next area of concern.

The sad thing about your comments is that you have made very vague statements that show your lack of respect towards me and others. As you mentioned, you’re not the only old person on here, given, but you fail to take into consideration that I am not the only young guy on here. Nor am I the only Corvette driver, nor am I the only guy that pokes fun at fellow members.

I see a goal to strive for and you are making some headway with your last sentence. It will carry you a long way come this spring, seriously. Just remind yourself most of us are old, been there, done that and know better sometimes.
I appreciate the guidance, but would rather that you refrain from setting any type of goals for myself.

Now, there really wasn’t any reason to respond to my post, seeing as me and Darrin had already resolved the situation, yet you felt the need, which is perfectly fine “Freedom of Speech”. But please understand that I am only responding in defense and not to try to personally attack you.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Veteran

I so knew what response that would elicit - it was a gauge of where you are at since you kinda gave that ball a shove off a big cliff. Hells bells. You made your own goal of losing weight and getting a race car. How's that working for ya?
Ahn i ned help wit dem reding skilz nici of u two lis em four me
KTHNX!

Rottluver Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yep, it was the usual debate about politics which can never be quiet. Its why we steer clear of religion too :p

I knew what it was about, I was the only one who stuck around.

And yeah, he seemed like a really guy I thought.

I still burst out laughing when I remember how you paused in the middle of your "debate" and said, "Oh, by the way, I am Ellis. <hand extended to shake> And you are?"
No kidding, that was the tension breaker right there. Ellis may call himself "*The* *******" but he doesn't bust someones *****...unless they really deserve it. He really is an dressed like the

You all are far more PC than I will ever care to be, call it like I see it which doesn't make me popular and considering popular people keep getting hit up for money or time then its a good thing cuz I'm broke and too busy
Old 01-07-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

AWESOME picture.

Did you read the caption at the bottom?
Old 01-07-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Did you read the caption at the bottom?
I did & chose to ignore it
Old 01-07-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

I did & chose to ignore it
New Years Day he came home like that

Actually they are these so we would never lose him on those times the little kid who visits his grandparents unhooks him off his lead. Even if he's out of range *someone* should call saying there is a dog wandering around with sunglasses and panties on his head.
Or at least I would hope no one out here would think its a normal sight...
Old 01-07-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

New Years Day he came home like that

Actually they are these so we would never lose him on those times the little kid who visits his grandparents unhooks him off his lead. Even if he's out of range *someone* should call saying there is a dog wandering around with sunglasses and panties on his head.
Or at least I would hope no one out here would think its a normal sight...
I am speechless.....trluy speechless..........and I wish I woulda had those for my wife 11 years ago LOL
Old 01-08-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

I am speechless.....trluy speechless..........and I wish I woulda had those for my wife 11 years ago LOL
Thats why I didn't post them immediately, figured you would have thought how handy they would have been. Wonder how far we can track the dog with em'?

Now, as for you being speechless........writin' that on the calendar