Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New Camaro concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to drive both to be honest with you. No fooling around, I would have to drive them to make a decision. I like them both.

On a different note, looking at all the people at the gathering, I still say that GM was SCREWED for dropping the line. I said it before and I will say it again: What the F*** were they thinking? How could they say no one wanted one when you see all those people chomping at the bit for it and giving it so much coverage -- much more than ANY other car at the gathering this year. I mean really! Come on you guys! The other 2 of the "Big 3" have no problem selling muscle cars along with the rest of their lines. Obviously GM did not do much research when they dropped the line.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

So do you guys think they might build a limited edition with the LS7 or something possibly? That would be fuggin kick ***!!! Then new 427 LS7 with a strait axle.......
Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

I don't think the upcoming Camaro is going to have a straight axle though
Old 01-10-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Word most frequently used in that video..........Concept

The dude who drove it in specifically said, "IF and when we build it"....&....."it is SPECIFICALLY a CONCEPT right now"....&....."it all depends on the market, our prioritites, etc as to whether or not it becomes a reality"

As I have said over and over......IF they build it and it is half as awesome as it seems to be, I will be thrilled....but until the time it is on a showroom floor, it is STILL just a concept/dream/huge maybe at best. How many Car shows debut concept cars that don't go into production?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Word most frequently used in that video..........Concept

The dude who drove it in specifically said, "IF and when we build it"....&....."it is SPECIFICALLY a CONCEPT right now"....&....."it all depends on the market, our prioritites, etc as to whether or not it becomes a reality"

As I have said over and over......IF they build it and it is half as awesome as it seems to be, I will be thrilled....but until the time it is on a showroom floor, it is STILL just a concept/dream/huge maybe at best. How many Car shows debut concept cars that don't go into production?
That's true .........but it would be a nice dream come true.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 00Vette
That's true .........but it would be a nice dream come true.
Absolutely, like I have said in every post, I hope they do build it, but I am not gonna sit around and fantasize about the idea of a "new" Camaro coming out till they hit the showroom floors
Old 01-10-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

That dude that drove the car in Was Bob Lutz lol
Old 01-10-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i am sure everyone knows this BUT.

Gm did not sell a ton of F-body's. What happened they did NOT expect was people quit showing up to look at them because they were gone....When people do not show up to look at an affordable hot rod they do not show up and buy the car there wife wants either

I see this getting people back in the show rooms with the Promise of "what Might be"

Over all I like the car..but hate the dash. on the other hand the dash in the Challenger rocks IMHO
Old 01-10-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also what most people dont think about is that even the 2002 Camaro didnt not really met safety codes & that would mean retooling the whole factory to meet those sefety codes.

Plus also Gm was really going to let the Camaro pass away a quite death after the 98 model year but with pressure with in side the company Mainly Scott Settlemire & a few other people. & the devoted Camaro lovers they pressed on for as long as they could.

When Bob Lutz took over the company it was already to late to save the Camaro with out waiting a few years to get a new totally brand new design out there that will not only make safety standards but make us happy as well. He did make the promise to his Camaro employees that they will bring back the Camaro name & thats what they have done.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gojo83
I think it is a great look. However I am sorta skeptical if it will actually see prodution as is because you look at the gto and the concept that came out back around 1999 and it had the agressive look too. In my opinion they toned the GTO down a little too much for me and lost the aggressive look. I don't want to get flamed for the GTO comment but that is my opinion. My fear is that it will lose the aggressive look. I am glad though that the name plate is looking to be in good hands. If they bring back the Trans Am I hope they go for the 2nd gen retro instead of the 1st gen body.
The GTO concept was the predecessor to the new Camaro, not the GTO... they had to hide it somehow. The GTO concept has very little to do with the actual GTO.

Besides, we haven't seen the next American made GTO yet.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
i am sure everyone knows this BUT.

Gm did not sell a ton of F-body's. What happened they did NOT expect was people quit showing up to look at them because they were gone....When people do not show up to look at an affordable hot rod they do not show up and buy the car there wife wants either

I see this getting people back in the show rooms with the Promise of "what Might be"

IMHO
Very well put.

I would also ad the press coverage they get by having a hot rod. Whatever they spent building the Camaro & Challenger Concept cars has already paid for itself with press coverage for the brand. How many magazines have the Challenger in it right now, the Camaro will get their turn next month.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

I will own one if and when they come out...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by strobelite
I will own one if and when they come out...
I would like to as well.....but DEFINITELY not the 1st year they are out.......never met a car that didn't have glitches and issues in it's first year or two....whether it be a brand new car or a redesign (3rd to 4th Gen, etc) I would rather wait for the 2nd or 3rd year before spending that kinda coin on yet another F-Body.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

I loved the Camaro, with the exeption of the mirrors, and the interior.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

As mentioned - its still a concept car and not in production.
It does keep people going back to the showroom floor looking for it. Great marketing strategy!

The car itself - I've hit so many sites seeing pictures and vid from the day it rolled out enough to wonder: did a CTS-V and 2005 Mustang crash then GM picked up the pieces and slapped em' back together and call it a "Camaro"?

I can see it now (if that makes the pavement) someone will spot your car up the road and think its a modded CTS-V or Stang. It doesn't look anything like the 69' (not my favorite year) OR an F-Body inside or out. Its fugly in pictures and a definite need to see in person.
No, I never strive to be one of the cool kids, my baby was a 68' AMX so there ya have it.

As for the long vid of the intro two things came to mind:
Who is the asshat they chose to film the back of other cameras?
and
How many workers were laid off while they spent the money for that?

I'm just not impressed for a second.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:14 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by GEARHED
It doesn't look anything like the 69' (not my favorite year) OR an F-Body inside or out.

http://www.lenscrafters.com

You don't see any similarities between this..

And this..

If you don't, I'd recommend clicking on the first link and getting your eyes checked.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrEvyl

http://www.lenscrafters.com

You don't see any similarities between this..

And this..

If you don't, I'd recommend clicking on the first link and getting your eyes checked.

LOl I dont because the 2nd one is just a big box with an bit Red X in it there Zeke lol.

Heres some pics of the car Really CLOSE & Really Personal there http://www.z28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56377
Old 01-12-2006, 10:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

It's displaying just fine for me here... dunno why you don't see it.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

lol, the pic works for me now too, but didn't before. Did ya fix somethin? But yeah the 69 body style is pretty evident I'd say in the new concept. I hope they keep the exterior very similar if not untouched for the production.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
It's displaying just fine for me here... dunno why you don't see it.
Now it does lol

Quick Reply: New Camaro concept