Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New Camaro concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. Been staring at it and only see *two* body lines remotely similar.

Gawd that thing is ugly.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:55 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Poik
lol, the pic works for me now too, but didn't before. Did ya fix somethin?
My post hasn't been edited.

Originally Posted by Poik
But yeah the 69 body style is pretty evident I'd say in the new concept. I hope they keep the exterior very similar if not untouched for the production.
Yeah, me too.. but they gotta clean up that dash and do something more modern.. that one isn't going to fly for a new car.

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Nope. Been staring at it and only see *two* body lines remotely similar.
Man, I dunno. I guess you just want to hate it. Personally if I have to choose between that Camaro and no Camaro... it's a pretty easy decision. I'm just grateful it's not dead.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Man, I dunno. I guess you just want to hate it. Personally if I have to choose between that Camaro and no Camaro... it's a pretty easy decision. I'm just grateful it's not dead.
Not sure where you come up with "she just wants to hate it". Everyone has their own opinion of things and not everyone is going to like it,. Just because it is a "Camaro" doesn't mean it is perfect or that every former and current F-Body owner will like/love it...........hell, it took me YEARS to get used to the looks of the 3rd Gens after they first came out, originally I hated their looks with a passion.

And it is dead.....it ain't alive till it is for sale at your local Chevy dealer....and from listening to that video......as many times as they tossed around "Concept Camaro" and "IF and when we build it"....&....."it is SPECIFICALLY a CONCEPT right now"....&....."it all depends on the market, our prioritites, etc as to whether or not it becomes a reality"........

Those are not exactly words to give me hope. I would love to be proven wrong, but as it sits now, this thing is just a marketing promotion to get buyers into the showroom. :shrug:
Old 01-14-2006, 04:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Good points Rott and ones I've tried to say.
I M O O In My Own Opinion
Concept...not in production

Zeke, you are a wealth of information when it comes to 4th gens and I respect that. You need to respect I've been racing and wrenching on 1st, 2nd & 3rd gens because I'm that old. 1st and 2nd gens were what I literally grew up with so *my* concept of what a "Camaro" is - well, its pretty outdated I guess and just don't see, aside from *two* lines, any resemblance between the concept and a 69' Camaro.

Now, consider this: When GM announced in late November 1992 they were producing a 1993 4th edition of the Camaro Z28 and I read up on it, I ordered one *then*. I had to wait until July before it was delivered and was going nuts waiting for it to arrive. Why? Because I liked the way they kept some of the 3rd gen lines combined with a touch of 2nd gens and it didn't look like ***. They also put the 'muscle' back in muscle car off the line and you could mod them out as you saw fit. I don't see where there is going to be much room for modding out the so called concept car - not unless you have 10 grand to do *one* mod (engine swap over to an LS7). Wait, better make that closer to 15 grand.

The reason for the resurgence of the latter year sales lag in the F-body group is the generation hadn't caught up yet - now look around and you see 16 year olds looking high and low for a beater 2002 F-bod so they can do what they want with it. And their Dad's are helping them.
I don't see that happening with this car which is probably a huge part of why it isn't encouraging to me - who wants to just get in and drive? 90% of the fun is wrenching on the car.

The one thing I do like that does imitate the 1st and 2nd gens: the interior (well, most of it anyway). Its because it really does look like the old style with new materials. Don't even try to figure this out. It isn't worth it.

Quick Reply: New Camaro concept