Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Bird knocked out of flight :( (56k beware)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Josh.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Damn, that sucks Josh! I am glad you are okay!
Old 01-13-2006, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Raceheads car would be a nice replacement.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see you're ok man! I drove one of those Suzuki's in Iceland for a week, not bad off road, but not exactly a vehicle you'd want to go out and buy.. lot of blind spots... I'm 6'3 and didn't have too much of a problem seeing out the side.. my friend who went with me is 5'8 and had a hard time looking side to side to check for oncoming traffic.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

man that sucks!

sad to see another ls1 car get clobbered.... but that's how some of the hybrids happen to get powerplants...

i hope you do well with the insurance.

i know it's early for this & i assume its considered a total loss, but what's the buyback on the car? i'm mainly just curious.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks everyone... I tried to go to work but was just too out of it. that and my head kinda aches and my neck's stiffening up. Not to mention the damn tetnis shot (however the hell that's spelled lol). Anyone been in an accident and used a good lawyer or know one?

And yes I had my seatbelt on. I'm thinkin it was probably the airbag/drivers side window or something that hit my head but I'm not sure.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rookiels1
And yes I had my seatbelt on. I'm thinkin it was probably the airbag/drivers side window or something that hit my head but I'm not sure.
Those airbags fly out pretty fast and with a lot of force.. it woulda been like getting punched in the face, basically.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Those air bags are fierce. I don't know if they actually help or hurt you more. But your alright so that's all that matters. Now we need to find you another F-body! So did your other car have any mods on it? If so you should remove the salvageable parts and keep them for later. Either to sell or put on your new car. JMO though......

Keep us posted on the outcome with her insurance.........
Old 01-13-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ellis mentioned Raceheads car to me earlier when we were talking about this! That might be something to look into Josh!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Im Sorry Josh! Im glad that your not to hurt!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Ellis mentioned Raceheads car to me earlier when we were talking about this! That might be something to look into Josh!

Yeah we'll see how much I get from the insurance I've been thinkin bout it (daydreamin )
Old 01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

more pictures added

http://www.sccow.com/joshs/accident/

Old 01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man that sucks Glad your ok....

Don't give the other insurance adjuster a statement........get a lawyer to do your talking....or talk via your insurance company...the damage was done on her right side....they will try to pop you for this.I know i just won my battle when some jack *** pulled out in front of me. same story the other driver got the ticket.damage wa sone on the right side of his car.
Protect your *** man. Pm me let me know what insurance company the other driver had...then i may be able to tell you the weak spots of that company
Old 01-13-2006, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
Man that sucks Glad your ok....

Don't give the other insurance adjuster a statement........get a lawyer to do your talking....or talk via your insurance company...the damage was done on her right side....they will try to pop you for this.I know i just won my battle when some jack *** pulled out in front of me. same story the other driver got the ticket.damage wa sone on the right side of his car.
Protect your *** man. Pm me let me know what insurance company the other driver had...then i may be able to tell you the weak spots of that company
She's with pemco...
Old 01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Launching!

damm, that sucks. Hope you feel better
Old 01-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, let me know how much the insurance company wants to "buy Back" the car....
Old 01-13-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do not get a lawyer if you do not have serious injuries. The one good thing you have going for you is that they will probably total it since it will cost more than its worth to fix. But they will only pay for what its worth, not what you owe. If you owe less than its worth you'll get the difference. If not....

Now as for your medical bills, keep going to the doc and also go to a chiropractor and massage therapist. Do this because you may think your fine but things will start getting sore tomorrow. This will be drawn out over a few months. Do not settle. Let me know who the Pemco adjust is because I know someone there (very close friend) and can advise you. Do not say the "L" word or they will not deal with you at all. Best case is to leave it unsettled until the end of the year. I know that is a ways off but they will be wanting to get this off their books and not carry it over into the following year. Meaning they will be more generous with their offer.

I was in a similar accident three years ago. They did not total my 01 WS6 (before the black one) because the estimate was $15k and the car was new. When they got done it was $22k plus my rental for two months. (Now you know why I had a black one). If I would have settled this myself I could have pocketed $20k. Instead, I got a lawyer that wanted me to run up doctor bills which I did. He went in and asked for $50k to settle they laughed. In the end after his cut and paying things off I pocketed $6k. Not exactly what I had in mind. My friend said afterwards that if I would not have gotten a lawyer they would have given me the whole amount without his 1/3 cut. I can't say it enough, do not get a lawyer unless you are laid up. They are useless in this case. Your strongest weapon is to not be in a hurry to settle. Otherwise you'll get little. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Damn... sorry to see that happened to you.

Looks like you've got some folks to help you navigate through this. Take all the help you can. It can come out okay but there are a lot of ways to get screwed, too.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

First - Damn glad you are not in surgery or worse. Head on's suck at higher speeds, I know firsthand.

Second - That soooooooo sucks!!!!!!!!! You were just getting into that car!!!!!!

Third: Eric is right. Don't get a lawyer because its a no brainer case (she got a ticket showing liability) and you *will* need a year to get your back and neck back to normal or as close as possible. In three days I can garantee you will be posting for a chiropractor and pain meds.

Progressive *does* pay the full difference on what you owe vs what its worth. Had one of those when John was deployed and someone totalled his car. Pemco is about as tight-assed as you can get, they *hate* paying claims of any kind for any reason and that crash will drop her off their policy (*one* crash and they drop you). So they will stonewall you for awhile but again, won't carry it over to the next year which is actually October (fiscal year projections). So keep track of *everything*, even mileage for treatments, rentals, friends, any transportation costs until its time to deal with the check writer. Its the only time I ever said the L word - and it magically would give the person the authority to settle for far more than they initally offered.
I've been through this 7 times with the first one at 19 years old and glad I took my back so seriously in getting it treated. Then again at 21, 26 & 28 (I keep looking for the bullseye painted on my cars, can't find em but others seem to) so don't put that off - pay out of pocket and keep records. Borrow from the parents, they usually pay for that much and know you will get it back.

As for the car if its totalled: Progressive deals with the note-holder as to what they will do with the car. Most send them out of state or part to yards for money back. Those bastards make out *twice* when GAP is involved so if you can track the vehicle, negotiate the crap out of them.

Get better Josh, so sorry to see and know you are hurtin right now.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Default what?

Sorry to hear bout ur accident, aleast ur ok and insured... anyways whats gap insurance? maybe i should get some if i dont have any already...lol thanks

Quick Reply: Bird knocked out of flight :( (56k beware)