Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

ported TB or tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006 | 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
how do you do this? any links to it? how hard is it?
I would do some research on this site using the search button and keep pimping info. from Ellis, Mark, etc. They are smart mo fo's. But like I said before, people love there ported TB. Ben (99Hawk262) just told you about his experience!

Speaking of Ben, how the hell you been? Good to see your posts pop up every now and again.
Old 01-20-2006 | 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

You can get instructions for porting your TB and the bump stop mod at LS1Camaro.net. Once you get to the main page, click on the Articles link and then on the Modifications link. They are both in there. You might also look into doing the Whistler headlight mod.....that'd look damn good on that sexy car of yours. My dream SS is a Pewter M6!! I got rid of my '00 Black SS M6 and haven't forgiven myself since. Of course, the Hawk makes up for that somewhat, but I still wish I had that SS...... or better yet, yours!
Old 01-20-2006 | 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I would do some research on this site using the search button and keep pimping info. from Ellis, Mark, etc. They are smart mo fo's. But like I said before, people love there ported TB. Ben (99Hawk262) just told you about his experience!

Speaking of Ben, how the hell you been? Good to see your posts pop up every now and again.
I'm doing good, but I miss the hell out of Washington and it's only gonna get worse when racing season opens. There are only 1/8 mile and 1000 ft tracks around here. The closest 1/4 mile is Memphis which is 2 hours away. On the upbeat side, there are hella LS1's here. On base alone there are proly 30 or more. Some built ***** to the wall, a lot dabbling in minor mods like myself. There are also quite a few new Mustang GT's, a lot of older GT's and a few Mach 1's. I guess Little Rock is a big Mustang place.....I haven't seen that many off base. But talking to board members down here, Mustangs are pretty big. The LS1's guys just spend their time and money defending the title. There are a few KB Cobras, and even a 1000 horse Lingenfelter Vette. One of the board members eats up the KB Cobras with his H/C SS spraying a 250 shot of NOS. Or he did until he cracked his block. Now he is waiting for a HPE 408 that will see at least a 300 shot. That ought to be a fun toy . Anyway, Little Rock is a good place, just not a whole lot to do. If you stick around McChord for a while, you'll see me and Jaime back there. It may be a few years, but we loved the area and after my little vacation from the old shop, I'll be back . Take care and I'll hopefully see you all this summer when I come visit.
Old 01-20-2006 | 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the complements 99hawk your car is sexy too! and i dont trust myself messing around trying to port my own tb haha
Old 01-20-2006 | 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
I'm doing good, but I miss the hell out of Washington and it's only gonna get worse when racing season opens. There are only 1/8 mile and 1000 ft tracks around here. The closest 1/4 mile is Memphis which is 2 hours away. On the upbeat side, there are hella LS1's here. On base alone there are proly 30 or more. Some built ***** to the wall, a lot dabbling in minor mods like myself. There are also quite a few new Mustang GT's, a lot of older GT's and a few Mach 1's. I guess Little Rock is a big Mustang place.....I haven't seen that many off base. But talking to board members down here, Mustangs are pretty big. The LS1's guys just spend their time and money defending the title. There are a few KB Cobras, and even a 1000 horse Lingenfelter Vette. One of the board members eats up the KB Cobras with his H/C SS spraying a 250 shot of NOS. Or he did until he cracked his block. Now he is waiting for a HPE 408 that will see at least a 300 shot. That ought to be a fun toy . Anyway, Little Rock is a good place, just not a whole lot to do. If you stick around McChord for a while, you'll see me and Jaime back there. It may be a few years, but we loved the area and after my little vacation from the old shop, I'll be back . Take care and I'll hopefully see you all this summer when I come visit.
Awesome! Sounds like a great car place. Sounds like a better car environment that here. Are you at least able to see your buddy with the bad *** chevy truck? Anyway I don't want to highjack sidewayZ's thread. I'll PM you some time.

Oh SidewayZ, if this dude can port his own TB anyone can do it!! JK Ben.
Old 01-20-2006 | 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Note - when / if you do the bump stop mod, put a piece of metal over the return spring. It's easy to chew up (I KNOW).
Old 01-21-2006 | 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Most of the people I know who have it done now do it so there Throttle body will get polished or coated a nice color
I would be one of those.....got mine ported cuz that is what got done to it when I got it polished.

Quick Reply: ported TB or tune?