Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

photoshop

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default photoshop

Hey
I am looking for someone around the tacoma or seattle area that is good at photoshop and wouldn't mind helping me get a little grasp on it or a video editing software too. I might be here for a while and got a new kick *** camera and would love to mix up some vids for you all from the locals here and the ppl that run at the pacific raceways here
Greg
Old 01-25-2006 | 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Search online for photoshop tutorials. One of the best ways to learn something is to dive right in yourself. There are lots of good sites out there, try www.phong.com and search google for others
Old 01-25-2006 | 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

What're you lookin to do? (sig done in ps cs2)

and I learned like eric (poik) suggested... just diving in

what video software you lookin at? I've started to love working with Final Cut using Motion for titles and such, and processing my photos with Aperture then final touch up in CS2
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:08 AM
TECH Addict

I've used just about everything out there too (photoshop, flash, premier, maya, etc.). And like Eric said, just dive in. Most programs have a tutorial to teach yourself the basics to get you started but then if you want to go deeper look online or get some books from Amazon. That's how I started.
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

well here is the biggest thing I got a new handy cam and I have some videos in video Ts format and I want to break them and convert them to mpg or avi.
and as far as photoshop where is the cheapest you found it in the area I am not the richest guy around so I am always looking for the best deal. Thanks for all the help.
Greg
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Photoshop is probably not the application you want to use for video. Try Final Cut or even Windows' Movie Maker. You can download a 30-day trial from Adobe to get Final Cut and Movie Maker should already be on your computer if you are running XP (if not I think you can download it from Microsoft's website).
Old 01-26-2006 | 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

well Final Cut is an Apple program, Premier is Adobe what kind of computer are you using? PC or Mac?
Old 01-26-2006 | 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Don't listen to what I say, listen to what I mean!
Old 01-26-2006 | 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

I have a el cheapo laptop that is a HP pavillion. My ex got my hand made custom monster gaming PC so now all I got is this...so sad... but I will be the first to say I am the first guy I know to end up with most all of his **** in a divorce. But I have movie maker and it does not recognise the file and it only works with a DVD playing program. I knew that photoshop would not work for the video I ws hoping to see what the front of a 1978 TA would look like with a black paint job and the gold chameleon bird on the hood instead of a ******* sticker. I am slowly working on getting my bird into flying condition and seeing what she can do in the quarter. The moral of the story never get married lol. As soon as I have a place of my own with a garage the bird will be completely redone and I am looking to figure which paint scheme would look the best