Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Someone stole my frickin' LT1 Blazer tonight :>(

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

I really feel for you. Damn bastages. I had a '57 chevy stolen from a resturant, and am quite familar with that empty sinking feeling. Sorry man.
Robert
Old 02-15-2006 | 12:35 AM
TECH Junkie

thats bullshit
Old 02-15-2006 | 09:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by John B
Unfortuantely their attitude was "happens all day long everyday to a dozen vehicles a day"
Sadly in that line of work it does, and this is NOT directed at you, but EVERYONE thinks their car is special and different.....I KNOW yours is but we hear that about POS cars alllllll the time so you tend to get a little jaded when it comes to that. I will keep a good thought and hopefully she will turn up in good shape. And your average cop prolly has no clue what an LT1 swap is or that it makes any diff, etc. To them it is just a 20+ yr old vehicle in a long day of that kinda thing. Doesn't make it easier or right to take that out on you, I am just saying.

With regard to your LS7 Monte, have you thought about incorporating VATS into your car/system? It might be worth it......

Also, with regard to insurance, some companies will let you set up a "special" policy for heavily modified/customized cars so that in case it does happen, you are covered financially at least.
Old 02-15-2006 | 10:03 PM

With regard to your LS7 Monte, have you thought about incorporating VATS into your car/system? It might be worth it......
I agree and I am exploring my options
Old 02-15-2006 | 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

just read this post,it makes me sick that there are people out there that wont work to earn good things for their life,they prey on others for it!i hope they get busted by a cop that enjoys the hobby.....
Old 02-15-2006 | 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Before I moved to Gig Harbor I used to live 1 block away from Stanley and Seaforts.. I used to sit in the window with my Tech 9 at night and wait till someone tried to break into my car...Many times I ran people off...IS where my nick rotwiler came from, I had 2 Rott's for this reason and 1 was German Police trained. Most of the thefts and people I seen trying to jack my cars where the asian gangs(mostly cambodian). A few times it was others, but 90% the Cambodian gangs. They took a car from across the street to Portland Ave area and stripped it, was found a week later. Your best bet I would think would be to go up and down every road and alley in the area around Portland Ave, also check out APT buildings close by...I work on hilltop and a few times Asian gangs have jacked a new Colorado truck from the dealer in the stadium area..they just stole the trucks, drove them to my job parking lot and left them to come back later and get them when it was clear. I wouldn't think they would try to take them many miles....I'd keep looking in a 1-2 mile radius.... I seen a Yukon on hilltop for 3 months someone stripped...every week drove by and another piece was off of it...Poilce went by a 100 times a day and was obvious it was a stolen vehicle... Good luck, hope you find it..
Old 02-16-2006 | 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah that sucks. Can't stand people who mess with other people's cars.

I know I would feel horrible if my pickup got stolen. I've put a lot of work into it, just as I'm sure you had put a lot of work into the blazer. And an insurance company isn't going to replace your labor.

Now if someone stole my car, in all reality I would just go get another one or something else, buy I can't just replace my truck.

On a side note, the insurance company I have on my truck has a "stated value" so that if it were to get stolen or totalled its right there in the writing. Might want to think about that with the monte carlo and other vehicles.
Old 02-16-2006 | 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Dude I freaking love that truck just reading this makes me sick I can't imagine how you feel. I love K5's one of the main reason I sold mine to Mickey is I couldn't leave the damn thing alone!!

Classic collector car insurance might also be a good idea for your Monte, you can get stated value policies that are for what you say and can reasonable prove the vehical is worth this is established before the policy is created.

Again man I hope you get it back and in halfway decent shape

Bobby
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:45 PM

Your best bet I would think would be to go up and down every road and alley in the area around Portland Ave, also check out APT buildings close by
Might have to pack some heat and check it out!
Old 02-17-2006 | 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

No word on your baby yet, eh John? I remember when my buddies custom 60 Impala got stolen, We drove around for days looking for it. Finally found it sitting in a parking lot on blocks. Very sad!!! But this thread finally got me off my butt to look into "agreed on value" insurance for my TA. Allstate does indeed offer it now (thru Haggerty). Waiting for them to call me back with a quote. Now I need to call about Lojack, and work on my own anti-theft system.
Old 02-17-2006 | 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by John B
Might have to pack some heat and check it out!
I am always up for cruising around to look for jacked cars........and I pack my own heaters. Just say the word if you want some company.
Old 02-17-2006 | 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
No word on your baby yet, eh John? I remember when my buddies custom 60 Impala got stolen, We drove around for days looking for it. Finally found it sitting in a parking lot on blocks. Very sad!!! But this thread finally got me off my butt to look into "agreed on value" insurance for my TA. Allstate does indeed offer it now (thru Haggerty). Waiting for them to call me back with a quote. Now I need to call about Lojack, and work on my own anti-theft system.
The insurance on my truck is through hagerty
Old 02-21-2006 | 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's the Plate on that truck? You can PM it to me if you want. I saw a Truck that looked a lot like that today in Monroe, it even had the canopy on the back. I was in a store and the sound when it started made me look out the window..I'm not sure if it was that one or not, but the plate # will help and I will definitely keep my eye out for it..

:edit: I found the plate # on a different link, wasn't the one I saw today. I'm going to print out the pic of your truck though and put it in my purse so I know what I'm looking for next time.

Last edited by Z ANGEL; 02-21-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2006 | 09:38 PM

What's the Plate on that truck?
A81642X
I will definitely keep my eye out for it
Thanks Steph!

Quick Reply: Someone stole my frickin' LT1 Blazer tonight :>(