Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Peirce County on COPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peirce County on COPS

It seems that almost every COPS episode has a segment on Peirce County. 90% of the segments involve stolen cars, and 100% involve Meth.

Do the producers of the show have a studio in this county or are maybe from this area? Just wondering because it seems odd that this area would be on the show so often.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

COPS only films with Departments that request to be on the show. Pierce County obviously wants some media attention so they invite them out to film. Are these old episodes or new ones? I know they were up in Pierce County years ago but don't know if they have been recently.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dang it, I was going to watch it too and watched "Unique Whips" instead

That's funny that they would ask to be on the show, because it makes their city look really bad (crime ridden) which Tacoma is anyway.. but you would think to make people come there, they would try to make their city look safe... JMO...
Old 02-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Eunuch whips? what the hell is going on up there?
Old 02-26-2006, 01:48 AM

Every day on Court TV they show COPS like 3 times a day. Peirce county is on every day. The episodes are recent as best I can tell, no more than 2 years old..some look a lot more recent.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Eunuch whips? what the hell is going on up there?
You would like to know wouldn't you

It's a new show on Speed Channel where they take high priced cars and add stuff to them to make them 'cool'..tonight they were putting Speakers and stuff into the trunk of a new Vette and hand painted the Nitrous bottle that sits between the speakers. It turned out really cool. Then they worked on some Ny baseball players new truck...added dvd players, speakers in the back, new seat covers, an ipod player thing and of course big Chrome rims!

http://speedtv.com/uniquewhips/
Old 02-26-2006, 02:00 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dunno whose idea it was to start calling cars "whips", but that's friggin ghey as hell.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I dunno whose idea it was to start calling cars "whips", but that's friggin ghey as hell.
I agree there...
Old 02-26-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by aja342
Every day on Court TV they show COPS like 3 times a day. Peirce county is on every day. The episodes are recent as best I can tell, no more than 2 years old..some look a lot more recent.
Well ya figure with over 600 episodes (the show is in it's 18th year ) and the amount of footage they have to take just to get a 30 minute show, it is not surprising that in syndication there are tons and tons of shows. The "busier" an area is, the longer/more footage the show will get. I couldn't find any info on how many times they have shot there, but I could give you an estimate of how old the shows are if I catch one of them......
Old 02-26-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Peirce Co has a very high crime rate, one of the highest on the West Coast, although the areas where most crimes are committed are relatively small. We have a high meth lab concentration too, those stats go hand-in-hand, according to the News Tribune. We are also known for lax police. What better way for our police to demonstrate their willingness to go after criminals than to have it on tape?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by esoteric
Peirce Co has a very high crime rate, one of the highest on the West Coast, although the areas where most crimes are committed are relatively small. We have a high meth lab concentration too, those stats go hand-in-hand, according to the News Tribune. We are also known for lax police. What better way for our police to demonstrate their willingness to go after criminals than to have it on tape?

Unfortunately most of the police would rather give tickets then catch bad guys

DISCLAIMER! NOT all police feel this way...but there are alot more of them that do then We would like.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Unfortunately most of the police would rather give tickets then catch bad guys

DISCLAIMER! NOT all police feel this way...but there are alot more of them that do then We would like.
True enough....which is why I only worked in the Traffic Enforcement Division for a short period of time (required rotation) and did not ask to be reassigned there when my time was up. I MUCH preferred arresting people to writing tickets. But there are plenty of guys who LOVE traffic duty........lazy SOB's.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
Not higher then L.A. County.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Reference to WIP, "Work in Progress".

I think it started as a ricer thing ...
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Reference to WIP, "Work in Progress".

I think it started as a ricer thing ...
What a shock, a lame term that has roots in the rice community.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The ever unpainted body kits.

Ah yes.

Plenty of those in Pierce County I imagine.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those must have been old shows because about a year back the city of Lakewood (which is also in 99% of those with Washington state shows) Told Perice county that they are no longer welcomed to invite "COPS" to their area. Then about 2 months later The City of Tacoma ( mainly the Mayor of Tacoma & the City) Told "COPS" Not to come back because they were making their city look bad.

The Militiary bases (Camp Murrey, Fort Lewis & McChord) also told Cops that they could no longer use footage with any part of any of the bases because of HLS reasons.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Those must have been old shows because about a year back the city of Lakewood (which is also in 99% of those with Washington state shows) Told Perice county that they are no longer welcomed to invite "COPS" to their area. Then about 2 months later The City of Tacoma ( mainly the Mayor of Tacoma & the City) Told "COPS" Not to come back because they were making their city look bad.

The Militiary bases (Camp Murrey, Fort Lewis & McChord) also told Cops that they could no longer use footage with any part of any of the bases because of HLS reasons.
That "no longer welcome" must have been AFTER Lakewood got their own police dept (which didnt happen until January 2004 and it wasnt operational until Sept 04). I am presuming that prior to that time, Lakewood was part of the Pierce County Sheriff's Dept's operational area. Up until lakewood had it's own Police force, they wouldnt have been abe to TELL PCSO anything. They could ask politely for them to not film in that area but aside from that, they would be SOL. :shrug:
Old 02-26-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

well Really they were under the Control of TPD, All of that area was controled by TPS, except for the out lying areas. I lived out there for about a year or so.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
well Really they were under the Control of TPD, All of that area was controled by TPS, except for the out lying areas. I lived out there for about a year or so.
Still wouldn't give them the ability to do anything other then request PCSO stay away with the cameras..........and what does "under the control of" mean? Either they contracted with TPD or PCSO or PCSO had jurisdiction if/when Lakewood was unincorporated.

Quick Reply: Peirce County on COPS