Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pickin on a poor little ol C6....for SHAME! How'd you do?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by turbo50
Well all and all I was having a pretty decent day yesterday till I found out about Steves car. Thats still bothering me. the dumbest .
Don't worry about it. I do appreciate that you are careful when running cars, like shutting down when you saw I was running lean. I really need to have Ellis check my tune and I will be back.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Pickin on a poor little ol C6....for SHAME! How'd you do?
Well when he pulled next to me at the light he didnt look at me or anything so I just figured I would goose it a tad to show off when the light turned green. You know, just to make the front end come up and then short shift to 2nd. I really didnt want to go for it and be the only idiot racing.
Well he did get on it and I was out of powerband in 2nd. I nailed it and it bogged a bit but not too bad. I kept a bumper on him till I got going and hit 3rd which yielded me an instant car and a half or so and I pulled away nicely. I got out of it at that point (was a really stupid place to be doing that). And he stayed on it and gave the thumbs up as he passed. It was a fun little stint.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Don't worry about it. I do appreciate that you are careful when running cars, like shutting down when you saw I was running lean. I really need to have Ellis check my tune and I will be back.
Right on. Maybe you can con Ellis into coming down to the shop and we can get ya fixed up on the rollers.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you all had a great time. congrats on the new bigger numbers Mark. I guess I'll have to break my car again so I can drive yours again with the new found torque.
Robert
Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great to see everyone.

Was happy to crack 500 but a bit disappointed it wasn't much further then that. It's hard to complain though with 500+ rwhp daily driven horses. The biggest problem was the stock blower running out of steam up top (read heat soak), and the lack of ice (just antifreeze) in the intercooler reservoir wasn't helping. EJ suspects another 10-20 in her just but cooling her down for efficiency but all that really matters are track times.

We'll see how she does this year in CCC.

And Mark ... HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS HOT. Wow.

Was total eye candy following you out towards your development (on my way to 67th). That thing absolutely flies and sounds great doing so. I love those wide tires sticking out from the fenders.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Tyler. Nice to finally meet you, tho I think we've met at the track before, just not in that car. Must have been when you had the silver GT. And I wouldn't complain about "only" putting 500 to the tires. Look how much I've done to get there. You got what, a pulley, a little blower work & headers? Damn Cobras!

Steve,

I was looking over your tune & didn't find anything obviously wrong. When I go out to Ellis's I'll take it with & see if he can find anything I've missed. But I'm thinking (hoping) it was just that plug wire.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

I tried to send the vids to Steve and Darrel but their email exchange server kicked them back to me due to the large file size. They are around 30 megs each so if you all want em I can either burn them to CD's or load them to the LS1Tech video site and link to them in this thread. Lemme know. They came out really well considering the camera I am using. Gotta love technology.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Well I did upload a video to Streetfire of one of Marks pulls. So here ya go.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...9576330631.htm

Last edited by turbo50; 03-27-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are starting to get some seriously fast cars ( hey even the Fords ! ) I mean they weren't exactly slouches before, but damn .........

Quick Reply: Dyno Results