Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Converter, pwm, questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converter, pwm, questions?

I trust you all on here, the general forums can get so many mixed answers, so here is my question,
I've talked to Ellis a little about tuning to get rid of the pulse width modulation and wanted to do that...issues at home and injury took away time and I go back to work full time Wed, but now it is becoming more annoying. When I first put the converter in about 7-8 months ago, lugging on a hill under 2,000 rpms caused the shutter/ rocks in the tranny kind of sound. Then Friday I decided I to take the Z28 for a drive and started hearing the PWM at highway speeds at certain speeds when I touched the gas about 1/4 throttle, WOT it went away or I just couldn't hear it. I had the fluid changed the same day I noticed this, wasn't old, just wanted clean fluid in there. I seen there are specific kits from companies like transgo to correct certain problems and some sound like the same thing, but I want to make sure I know which kit I need and what I need to tell the tranny shop near me to do. I can care less about firmer shifts etc, just want the PWM to stop. Any help would be appreciated. With going back to work I will have zero time off until my annual leave builds up again, so need a quicker solution. The only changes to the car lately is the battery kept going dead from sitting, other than that nothing was changed.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a big problem with cheaper converters. I can do it NP just need the car for a day. I won't kill you on the price but I do need to drop the Valve Body to do it
Old 03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, I'll keep in contact. wife still can't drive since her surgery, so need to wait till then, plus schedule a day with you and figure out to work it around my work. It sucks being off on Mon and Tues.

Quick Reply: Converter, pwm, questions?