Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

new bill to be passed...what do u think

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes - what Linda & Nick said. Nobody is arguing the need for immigrants, or people willing to perform labor jobs at a pay rate lower than most of us can / want to live on. We are ALL immigrants, or decendants of immigrants after all. Even "Native Americans".

But there is a RIGHT way & a WRONG way to come into this country. If you sneak in the back door, syphon off money from the rest of us, and then go out & demostrate to get OUR laws changed so we have to support you & your kids and speak YOUR language & respect YOUR culture by eliminating OUR holidays & such, then I say you need to leave America.....before you catch a bullet.

This Politically Incorrect statement was paid for by the V Foundation......

PS politicians that support this lunacy include Reagan, Clinton, Bush & Kennedy!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by rotwiler
This country became what it is now from people coming here from all over the world. My grandmother came here from croatia, so I'm not against immigration. The problem I have is healthcare, schools, goverment loans etc... A person can move here from another country, in a matter of days have DSHS healthcare, food cards, free state schools etc. We have so many here without healthcare it is terrible and to qualify you need to be dirt poor.
I agree & I don't think anyone that has posted is against LEGAL immigration, as you said, it is what made this Country.......it is just the people who break the law to get here and are then rewarded for their crimes by being given access to free healthcare, schooling, worker's comp, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I also know there are tons of jobs that are done by illegal workers that most legal residents wouldn't even consider, but that doesn't mean we should just let the problem run rampant. Allowing people in on a work visa is just fine by me, so long as the rules are followed.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
WS6 Freak --- Man you have a beautiful car
Thanks man! Your car is nice too, what kind of wheels are those?

And Rottluver and Wahusker, I second that!!
Old 03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Thanks man! Your car is nice too, what kind of wheels are those?
They are LG MOTORSPORT G2 World Challenge Wheels.

OH and mark i totally agree
Old 03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with viking my grandpa was also full blood danish and ame over to the united states legally and well did quite well for himself he may have had some of the beliefs and traditions of the old country. He learned and spoke great english and had a long life. He was quite strict on making sure that all of his descendants made a good life forr themselves and made sure that they got the education that is so needed anymore to make life work. I know that there are illegals that have done the **** work for us on the farms. My question is if you are working and being a good decent citizen why not try to get your legal status? Sure it involves a little bit of time and work but the benefits are worth it. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Im all about it. I dont want to pay for a SECOND generation of wellfare recipients.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
Im all about it. I dont want to pay for a SECOND generation of wellfare recipients.
We are sooooo far past the 2nd Generation dude.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Giving those born in the country citizenship was part of the 14th Amendment passed as a result of emancipation (13th amendment) following the Civil War. It was an attempt to insure civil rights to the freedmen. Approval of the Amendment was made a pre condition for readmission to the Union.

There's no charge for that info
Old 03-29-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
Giving those born in the country citizenship was part of the 14th Amendment passed as a result of emancipation (13th amendment) following the Civil War. It was an attempt to insure civil rights to the freedmen. Approval of the Amendment was made a pre condition for readmission to the Union.

There's no charge for that info
Given that it was quite some time ago, it needs to be revisted and updated.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am happy this is finally making it. in california people are paying for the illegal immigrants and their kids to go to school. i think that is bogus. i have no problems if they have the paperwork because they moved here, or something, but when an illegal jumps the border has a kid and leaves i dont think the child should get the rights as a us citizen. i hope this goes
Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-30-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I agree with you it is a very complex topic and has serious economic ramifications. But at the same time I don't know that they should be collecting unemployment etc. My Wife is an HR manager for a roofing company and if INS catches the illegal worker OUR American company is stiffly fined and the skilled laborers go work down the street for the competitor. Its pretty freaking ridiculous the whole system.

I completely agree with you. There are US citizens who need to use that program more than the illegal imigrants.

Rotwiler, I also agree with your statement. But I also think that too many people are trying to come in the country and that is creating a bottle neck into the system. They should be allowed into the country, first off our country is founded on imigrants! But the process needs to be imporved/upgraded to streamline and make the process more efficient. Also have to remember that if too many people come here they will take jobs from our children and possibly us!

All of us are just trying to feed our families.........that is why most illegal imigrants try to come here in the first place. 200 years ago it was to practice there religeon without reprocutions! And back then, the imigrants were suffering to practice their religeon. They didn't have health care and welfare!
Old 03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Over 30% of our federal tax dollars go to "Assistance Programs". Anyone HERE ever benefited from any of these "Programs"? Im not eligable, Im a middle class, young, white male. Humm, wonder where it goes?
No pity party here. Fact is, the immigrants that are here now, are fleeing from Mexico because their government(used loosely) sucks. My take.. grow some nads and overturn your government. Its called revolution. It has worked since the dawn of empowerment. Dont run and expect everyone to help you out of some kind of precieved obligation.. end rant.

Ps.: In keeping with the trend of late, I plan on filling in the "race" section of any future job applications: IrishAmerican. Im not JUST an American, IM SPECIAL
Old 03-30-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
I am curious (and very serious) as to what your feelings are on this Rey. Obviously you have some strong ones and I will respect it if you don't want to join the discussion, but so far your 2 posts are just kinda antagonistic and don't give us your point of view/feelings on the subject........I always like to hear views from everyone's perspective, especially those who seem to have such strong feeling about it as you do.

Either that or stop with the occasional "this thread sucks/here we go again" posts.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black97ss
i am happy this is finally making it. in california people are paying for the illegal immigrants and their kids to go to school. i think that is bogus. i have no problems if they have the paperwork because they moved here, or something, but when an illegal jumps the border has a kid and leaves i dont think the child should get the rights as a us citizen. i hope this goes
The problem is that they don't just have a kid and leave...they stay here living off of our welfare using illegal Social Security numbers, having as many babies as possible so as to stay on welfare and mooching off of our Society as much as they can.

If they would come here legally, learn our language, get a job and act like a decent human being then this wouldn't even be an issue. They asked for all of this themselves...

and I agree with MavrikTA, they need to stay in their own Country and make their own lives better instead of coming here and making our lives worse.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

bush proposed a plan to allow XXX amount of more imagrants into the us for 3 to 6 years for a work permit. if they want to file for citizensship then they could. But that got turned down.

I don't think that would be a bad deal because they are still having to file.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I am curious (and very serious) as to what your feelings are on this Rey. Obviously you have some strong ones and I will respect it if you don't want to join the discussion, but so far your 2 posts are just kinda antagonistic and don't give us your point of view/feelings on the subject........I always like to hear views from everyone's perspective, especially those who seem to have such strong feeling about it as you do.

Either that or stop with the occasional "this thread sucks/here we go again" posts.
lol

Everyone here has good points, regardless of which side they're defending, but it's all subjective. I'd rather not get into it, but there's always 2 sides to a story; And eventhough that may be the case, there's not always a right and wrong answer.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
The problem is that they don't just have a kid and leave...they stay here living off of our welfare using illegal Social Security numbers, having as many babies as possible so as to stay on welfare and mooching off of our Society as much as they can.

If they would come here legally, learn our language, get a job and act like a decent human being then this wouldn't even be an issue. They asked for all of this themselves...

and I agree with MavrikTA, they need to stay in their own Country and make their own lives better instead of coming here and making our lives worse.

Man I keep thinking... Does living in Mexico sucks that much? I mean those guys come over here to cook burgers and clean houses. I think USA and Mexico should work together to fix MEXICO so its people would stay THERE happy and motivated with their own country.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

toss'em all where they came from!!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
lol

Everyone here has good points, regardless of which side they're defending, but it's all subjective. I'd rather not get into it, but there's always 2 sides to a story; And eventhough that may be the case, there's not always a right and wrong answer.
No worries dude, not looking for an arguement, just curious why you keep popping in here with little comments and wondered if you wanted to elaborate.

There are always more sides to a story then the one we see or think.......I (and I think most others here) were just expressing opinions about what was posted. There is no quick fix to this situation for either side, I just think it is silly that we are the only Country on Earth that gives immediate citizen-style rights to someone who breaks the law by entering here illegaly, regardless of their intent.

Quick Reply: new bill to be passed...what do u think